December 20, 2014 | 1659 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Lip and Lid Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by valngau

This is a disappointing product from Smashbox. I thought a dual purpose item would make it easy for me to bring when I travel. I bought this onboard a flight so I couldn't try before I bought it. The lip primer leaves an opaque beige color on my lips which weird because I already have pale lips. Perhaps it's more suitable for someone with dark lips.

I guess it's good if you want to have the true color of the lipstick transferred on your lips. Eye primer wasn't impressive because it felt heavy & didn't solve my greasy eyelid problem. So, the eyecolor still settled into the creases of my eyes at the end of the day. I gave it 2 lippies for the good packaging & because the lip primer didn't dry out my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the lid primer as it's supposed to be used, spread in a thin layer with fingers and set with a fine dusting of powder before applying eyeshadow. I have oily eyelids and so this didn't work that well throughout the day for me. I'll have to use a mattifier first, then the primer and see how it holds up. I'll come back and edit for that part.
The lip primer is a different story; I love it! It's great in lieu of a lip liner, or if you want more drama with a dark lip, you can still use a liner and it's not mucked up nor clownish. I just apply a thin layer around my lip line, then use the pad of my ring finger to gently blend the product over my lips, gently pushing the product into my lip lines. That way there is the thinnest amount of product and the most natural effect. It keeps my lip color on with no bleeding and gives me a soft looking lip.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by luvmuzik

I never purchased this product before. I was going to when the sales girl whispered to me, "Don't waste your money!" I asked why, and she proceeded to tell me that is was a product that is very drying. Especially one the lips. She said I could still buy it and give it a try if I wanted to but for the price she suggested I leave it. I did just that. And after reading these reviews, I'm glad I did!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by adeemigs

I have oily eyelids and bought this from QVC and was disappointed to see how small it was. Not only that, it doesnt work that well. The lid primer is too dry and you have to drag it across your eye or try to get some on your finger and pat it on. Like other reviews, the lip primer distorts lipstick colors and makes them look muddy. Not happy with smashbox products thus far. I find them way too overpriced for the amount you get. I'm going to try Urban Decays primer, it's been getting some good reviews and it's half the price.UPDATE--YOU MUST BUY URBAN DECAYS LID PRIMER, IT'S MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SMASHBOX JUNK!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by enviable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say I love smashbox cosmetics but this product is really bad. Not only did it crease but it is extremely dry that i have a difficult time putting it on...i do like how it is small and convenient ..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I looked at all the negative reviews on this site, i still decided to give this a try. The result turned out great! The lip part reduced the color of my lips so when i put lipgloss on my lips just looks like the color of the lipgloss. The lid part can be used as a consealer because it has a yellow tone to it. It also keeps eyeshadow in place really well. This product takes a little time and patience to try out all the ways you could use it to achieve the full effect. The quantity is very little but it lasts really long. And! I love the pakaging of all products from smashbox. So professional!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by darknessa

This was, quite possibly, the worst product that I have ever encountered. This product was expensive, poorly made and completely ineffective. As countless others have said, this product is DRY, DRY, DRY - which makes it useless. The cap for the lip primer was busted and wouldn't go down all the way despite being brand new. The lip primer was way too matte and didn't prime properly - it blended into my lipstick creating a nasty lip color. I couldn't get the lid primer across my clean eyelid because the product was too hard, even after running it (covered) under warm tap water twice. A third attempt resulted in...teeny tiny primer chunks over my eyelid. It is not a matter of figuring out how to use it like, say, some of Kevyn Aucoin's products. It is a CRAP PRODUCT. Thank god for Sephora's return policy.

Would I ever purchase this again??? HELL TO THE NO! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by hajamom

I really wanted to like this product. I have used 2/3 of it and I have now decided that I don't like it. I hate the lip side. It changes the colour of lipstick and dries out my lips. I never use it. The lid side does what it says. I find that it does make my e/s last longer and crease less. I don't like how it applies. It is too dry and I am never sure if I get enough on. When I end up putting too much on, it gets all lumpy. This is the first Smashbox product that I do not like and will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2006 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chococakehk

Actually this package isn't bad except the product sucks to the core! The lid primer doesn't do what it says, my e/s creased at end of the evening compared to UD PP which doesn't creased. As for the lid, omg if I need MU for halloween I would whip this out, too much you look like a ghost , too little it doens't spread as good! Grrh good i get it as a present!!!! The MQ lip essence does a much better job and nice scent. Will stay away from smashbox!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shoporamamama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Completely agree with the previous reviews - the lid primer wasn't so bad but the lip one was horrible. Totally dried out my lips and changed the color of my (once pretty) light rose lipstick. Took it back to Sephora and the salesclerk just nodded and gave me my money back.....