Philosophy The Gingerbread Man Foaming Bubble Bath & Shower Gel

2.9

on 10/18/2007 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Philosophy is usually so fantastic when it comes to scents. The pumpkin? Oh yes, it smells like pumpkin. The cinnamon buns? Yummmm, delicious. But the Gingerbread Man? What the heck happened here? This smells NOTHING like gingerbread. It smells exactly like those disgusting ginger-ale based punches they used to serve at my middle school dances. This is the single most disappointing beauty buy I've had in my lifetime, I think. I bought it from QVC, naively expecting it to smell like Gingerbread. Unfortunately, I think the scent is just.. gross. I truly don't wish to bathe my body or my hair in this smell. I'll stick with Bath and Body Works next time.

on 7/25/2007 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I used it because it came with my Gingerbread Man suitcase set last holiday season, but I didn't love it. It has a decent spicy, sort of citrusy scent which was great for fall, but that's about as far as it goes. It's a bit drying and one of those scents that I don't find myself reaching for again and again, so it was a one-shot deal.

on 12/22/2006 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an okay shower gel. I like the scent a lot, and it does make me feel all sweet and tingly. My preference for this is as a bubblebath however, then it foams up and I have way more fun with it. I got this as a gift last christmas from my sister, so it was a nice treat but I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/12/2006 10:05:00 AM

I love Philosophy so I was pretty excited to try this out, but once I did *blech*! It smells like lemon pledge. Very sour smelling. Honestly, my cleaning products smell better than this stuff. I guess it gets you clean, but it's nothing I would ever use again or reccomend. Did I mention *blech*? Yuck!

on 12/23/2005 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I feel tricked, I had thought this was going to smell like "gingerbread." I hate the smell of this stuff, it smells just sour and acidic. Thank goodness it is the weakest smelling shower gel I have ever purchased so at least it doesn't smell too much.

I think this is one of my fave 3 in 1`s. I was given the gingerbread house last christmas and this year purchased the 3 in 1 for mysef. I love it. It smells delicious, warm and comforting to me. Will probably get it again next year. The texture of this is also great as its more like a gel than a cream and gives a good lather. I can still smell this on my skin after a few hours aswell which is unlike most 3 in 1`s.

on 12/13/2005 2:20:00 PM

Cute idea. Expensive product ( $18 bucks for 16 oz.) Smells like ginger ale not gingerbread... has more of a strong acidic odor to it than sweet. I have hard water and it doesnt foam very well at all. I used about 2 oz. of the product under vigorous running water and it barely made enough bubbles to make a small layer on the top of my bath water. That is an expensive few bubbles. The smell faded fairly quickly. I did not expect the smell to linger on my skin, but at least last thru a 30 minute hot bath. Basically I spent a little over 2 dollars for a blissful bath experience that never was. I hate to say it, but Avon and other low cost bath bubbles far exceed the quality, moisturization and lingering scent. Philosophy.... foo on you! Wish I could return this, but I had such high hopes and never expected I would be unhappy that I threw away the packing slip from Sephora. I will be keeping it from now on... and not ordering from philosophy's body line! Not the most expensive but I could have 5 bottles of cheaper better quality bubbles for the price. Packaging was the only kudo... cute. Would not purchase again.

on 12/11/2005 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Did I get a defective bottle? Mine smelled like NOTHING - not like gingerbread, not like ginger ale (didn't realize ahead of time that was the intended smell), just - nothing. I'll keep it but I hate using shower gel with no scent, and it doesn't even lather as well as many other brands I have. Disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is not a very good product. The funny thing is, I have been trying to get into the holiday spirit (a little early; it's October, but hey) and I thought that purchasing this body wash would help me to do just that. I was so excited to get this, and I went all the way to a city two hours away from me to get it (along with a few other items, of course) at Nordstrom. I have always loved "baked-goods" scented body products. I had this great gingerbread body wash from last year (there was really no brand; it was just a small thing made by a bed and bath company, but it smelled FABULOUS --- cookie-ish and gingerbread-ish) and I wanted another kind. One whiff of this over-priced stuff made me gag. It smells NOTHING LIKE GINGERBREAD, hardly like ginger. It smells strong and lemony and slightly spicy. It almost smells chemical-like. The cute packaging makes it seem great, but the product inside just isn't.

Along with almost ALL of the other bath and body products from Philosophy, this doesn't have a good scent at all.

Philosophy's stuff is overpriced and smells like...bad.

on 10/16/2005 10:43:00 PM

Mmmm, this stuff is so yummy!!! It smells so good in the shower and even better afterward. It leaves just a subtle ginger scent on your skin. This stuff is only available around Christmas, but I use it year-round whenever I'm feeling extra indulgent.