September 20, 2014 | 1861 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - The Gingerbread Man Foaming Bubble Bath & Shower Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay shower gel. I like the scent a lot, and it does make me feel all sweet and tingly. My preference for this is as a bubblebath however, then it foams up and I have way more fun with it. I got this as a gift last christmas from my sister, so it was a nice treat but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2006 10:05:00 AM More reviews by madmanda11

I love Philosophy so I was pretty excited to try this out, but once I did *blech*! It smells like lemon pledge. Very sour smelling. Honestly, my cleaning products smell better than this stuff. I guess it gets you clean, but it's nothing I would ever use again or reccomend. Did I mention *blech*? Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2005 10:11:00 AM More reviews by magala4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel tricked, I had thought this was going to smell like "gingerbread." I hate the smell of this stuff, it smells just sour and acidic. Thank goodness it is the weakest smelling shower gel I have ever purchased so at least it doesn't smell too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2005 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lizaweissgerber

I think this is one of my fave 3 in 1`s. I was given the gingerbread house last christmas and this year purchased the 3 in 1 for mysef. I love it. It smells delicious, warm and comforting to me. Will probably get it again next year. The texture of this is also great as its more like a gel than a cream and gives a good lather. I can still smell this on my skin after a few hours aswell which is unlike most 3 in 1`s.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cute idea. Expensive product ( $18 bucks for 16 oz.) Smells like ginger ale not gingerbread... has more of a strong acidic odor to it than sweet. I have hard water and it doesnt foam very well at all. I used about 2 oz. of the product under vigorous running water and it barely made enough bubbles to make a small layer on the top of my bath water. That is an expensive few bubbles. The smell faded fairly quickly. I did not expect the smell to linger on my skin, but at least last thru a 30 minute hot bath. Basically I spent a little over 2 dollars for a blissful bath experience that never was. I hate to say it, but Avon and other low cost bath bubbles far exceed the quality, moisturization and lingering scent. Philosophy.... foo on you! Wish I could return this, but I had such high hopes and never expected I would be unhappy that I threw away the packing slip from Sephora. I will be keeping it from now on... and not ordering from philosophy's body line! Not the most expensive but I could have 5 bottles of cheaper better quality bubbles for the price. Packaging was the only kudo... cute. Would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AngelaBetsey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did I get a defective bottle? Mine smelled like NOTHING - not like gingerbread, not like ginger ale (didn't realize ahead of time that was the intended smell), just - nothing. I'll keep it but I hate using shower gel with no scent, and it doesn't even lather as well as many other brands I have. Disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not a very good product. The funny thing is, I have been trying to get into the holiday spirit (a little early; it's October, but hey) and I thought that purchasing this body wash would help me to do just that. I was so excited to get this, and I went all the way to a city two hours away from me to get it (along with a few other items, of course) at Nordstrom. I have always loved "baked-goods" scented body products. I had this great gingerbread body wash from last year (there was really no brand; it was just a small thing made by a bed and bath company, but it smelled FABULOUS --- cookie-ish and gingerbread-ish) and I wanted another kind. One whiff of this over-priced stuff made me gag. It smells NOTHING LIKE GINGERBREAD, hardly like ginger. It smells strong and lemony and slightly spicy. It almost smells chemical-like. The cute packaging makes it seem great, but the product inside just isn't.

Along with almost ALL of the other bath and body products from Philosophy, this doesn't have a good scent at all.

Philosophy's stuff is overpriced and smells like...bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by BriChz

Mmmm, this stuff is so yummy!!! It smells so good in the shower and even better afterward. It leaves just a subtle ginger scent on your skin. This stuff is only available around Christmas, but I use it year-round whenever I'm feeling extra indulgent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Sunnibuns

This is one of my favorite 3 in 1's! It smells wnderfully like ginger with a bit of a zing, very refreshing! Beware it does not smell like cookies.

As with all Philosophy 3 in 1's it is also a great shower gel, bubble bath, and a really nice shampoo. I have slightly oily hair and it works wonderfully for me. Very convenient to need only one bottle in the shower as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2005 9:48:00 PM More reviews by MMaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

"Gingerbread"??? NOT! It smells nothing like gingerbread, or gingerale. I was expecting something entirely different, like ginger-SOMETHING. Even the ultra-cute packaging couldn't win me over. I sent this back, pronto.