October 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even #2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and have been using this for a while. I have fair skin so I go for the fairs and ivorys so I bought the no.1 and found it to do the job, get rid of red patchiness and even out the skin tone, is great with my greasy skin too as you can top up through the day without having to worry about cakiness or clogged pores. I found the no.1 to be way too white and made me look like a ghost even with my fair skin so I use the no.2 now and it is perfect! Thank goodness as I dread to think how much I have spent on face powders in the past and all useless. This is perfect!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Lauraaa

It does what it says: covers redness and evens skin tone!! the two things i need:) i understand that to cancel out the red you need a yellow color, but it looks heavy and soemtimes unnatural. I often have to use blotting tissues and i dont know if its just because my skin is just oily or the powder is making memore oily? I have pinkish fair skin with bad acne scars and very oily skin- its generally hard to cover my redness but with the combination of the vichy foundation and the get even powder, my skin looks amazing:) imnot sure if ill repurchase because i always love trying new brands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

While it's a good blotting powder, it is way to chalky for me, which is weird given that I have oily spots on my face. There are better powders out there for the same price or even less. Plus the colour selection is way too limited.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by melissa85

i bought this back in 04 it broke shortly afterwards i didnt really see a dramatic differance

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by xoxo241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this product but it seems like they have changed the color a bit. It looks a lot more yellow and unnatural. I returned the product because it make my face breakout and it went on really cakey and looked like I was wearing a layer of powder. If you do buy, I recommend investing in a good blush brush, because the sponge they give you with it is completely useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

I'm usually apprehensive about hyped products as they don't usually work for me. I have lightish asian yellow toned skin (NC25) and find products don't often go the colour they're supposed to because of this, especially things like powders, foundations and concealers.

However, i couldn't stress how perfect this powder is with my skin! It matches it exactly and when i put some over red patches i usually get, they dissapear straightaway! It might be because the powder is fairly yellow toned and i have yellow toned skin, but i am so amazed that something matches so well and it isn't too chalky and dry!

I'd like to add, i'm no make up buff, i don't own a lot of things like foundation as they're far too high maintenance for a scruff like me. So this product is perfect as i don't use it allover my face, i just put on my usual moisteriser then use my fingers and dab some over the red bits or undereye circles and stuff. It's so quick and easy. Admittedly, it does need reapplying every three hours or so, but thats not bad going considering i don't use a base, just some cheap face cream.

The one bad thing about this product is the price. I'm hoping to swap for some of these on here, or find them cheap on Ebay. I absolutely love it though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by 7954

I found this product:
- really inconsistent when applied
- suuuper light coverage
+ great packaging
+ no orange tint whatsoever
overall I think it would be best used with a brush as a blotting powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Ereee

best powder out there. great coverage without looking "cakey" and hides redness perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by mle79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

On my 3rd day using it and this stuff is great! Stays put over my foundation, good coverage and no break outs! The sponge it comes with isnt useful what so ever. Well..I mean its good for touch ups I guess. Use a powder brush! Will buy again as long as it works with my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:35:00 AM More reviews by MadameChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

EDIT -

I am re-writing this review. This product is okay. But it can look very fake whilst wearing. It needs light application. Secondly, there isn't a very good colour choice at all. You get three shades - Light, Medium and Dark if I remember correctly. I bought medium although I am pale (NC15, an NC20 tops). It's also expensive. And I think there are better powders out there for the price. I personally perfer MAC mineralize skin finnish natural in light - medium for me.

The packaging of this is nice, a little black compact with a mirror and 'sponge'... it's not really a sponge though, doesn't act like a sponge lol. I will say it's cute though and well thought out.

I like the idea of this powder, just watch how much you apply or you'll end up looking like a fake face.