November 22, 2014 | 2109 users online

Lipstick - MAC - So Chaud

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mandybecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really loving this. Asked for a recommendation when I was at MAC for a matte red lip for skin with very yellow undertones (NC25) and the lovely lady helping me suggested So Chaud. The color pay-off is fantastic. Three swipes of this and it is a dark matte red/orange. I am so yellow toned that this comes off almost brick red on my skin (see the last photo - thus far - in images above. I am pictured, in black, wearing So Chaud in front of a similarly colored wall), but I can see how others would like to wear this toned down as an orange/coral for spring and summer. The lipstick lasted 8+ hours on me, with minimal loss when I ate dinner. I noticed it doesn't come off onto a drinking glass, so this would be perfect for going out, when you don't have a lot of time, or care to make, a lot of touch ups. A little drying, but any matte lipstick will be, and honestly, it wasn't terrible at all. Overall a very nice lipstick. I just wanted to see how it worked for me, so I was just trying it out, but I think I will go back and purchase it this sunday. A perfect go-to fall lip for fair/medium golden skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So Chaud was the first purchase I've ever made at a CCO and it's been a great investment. I bought this a few years ago when orange lips started appearing on runways and in advertisements everywhere. It glides onto my lips easily and has a matte finish. It's not moisturizing at all but I didn't expect it to be since it has a very matte texture. What's so amazing about So Chaud is the color and pigmentation. It's opaque which is what my pigmented lips require for true color payoff. It's the perfect orange for my skin tone (NARS Syracuse, MAC NC42ish). One of my favorites to wear in summer and fall. I've received compliments from beauty counter SA's asking me what product I'm wearing. If you like matte oranges, you'll really enjoy So Chaud.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although not as orange as I would like, I do love the colour. It is more red than orange but in the right light, you can really see the orange undertones. Love the way it goes on as well. Great lipstick and colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Honey9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh I wish Mac's packaging was more sexy fun like their amazing colors : ( But with that said MAC So Chaud is a BRIGHT Matte Red lipstick. I can wear this in the fall because it is matte. It does have a orange undertone so you might want to line your lips with a red lip liner first. I am a true LOVER of Red lipstick so I am very precise when looking for the best red. This is not for the shy.... It is a true attention grabber which I LOVE : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AWESOME!!! I usually don't go for bright lipstick - tried Girl About Town and hated it. This is so different. It's a gorgeous color. Yesterday I applied it with a brush and blot it down a little - added some dazzle glass - stayed amazing while I worked for 7 hours!!!! (I didn't eat anything) I am NC15/NW20, light blonde hair and blue eyes for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for that perfect on trend orange red then this is it. This is matte finish, has amazing staying power and is super super gorgeous. Not as orange as morange and more orange than ruby woo. It's perfect on fair skin with slightly yellow undertones and really pops against blue eyes. Go check this shade out....it's so hot!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the past few weeks I have been DYING to purchase MAC's "Morange" after seeing it featured in a tri with matching lip glaze and nail lacquer. Morange just didn't work for me, I looked down at the "mattes" and saw So Chaud.

It was love at first swipe. Absolutely perfect, smooth application, didn't make it's way to my two front teeth like most lippies do.

So Chaud is Lady Danger's edgier 80's-obsessed cousin that snuck into a Van Halen concert. The orangeness isn't obnoxious, the red tone is so warm.

For a gal with hazel eyes, this sure did bring out the brown in my eyes! I fixied up my eyebrows with my black Typographic e/s (shh! ... tsk tsk..) to finish the look and applied a little mineralized coral blush.

To me, this is a retro/vintagey lip colour. Something to be seen in "I Love Lucy", something Wilma Flintstone would rock, maybe Joanie from MadMen would sport this with her up-do..

If you're really digging this but are feeling intimidated by the orangeness, ease yourself into it - apply a liner underneath and allover before the So Chaud.. keep a very natural/neutral look with the cheeks and eyes.. apply some highlighter into the cupid's bow to avoid that "shadowy" look on the upper lip :-)

I proudly paid for today's lipstick in quarters and toonies.. Payday can't be every day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

MAC calls this color "intense reddish-orange" but it is definitely more red. It is nothing like Morange or Neon Orange which are much more true orange shades. This is not a shade for the meek. You can tone it down with a gloss but I love the full-throttle color by itself.
I don't reach for this one too often, I wish it was more orange. If you love vintage orange-y red lips, this is a good pick for you. So Chaud is nice because it has the warm kick I want without it looking like I dipped my lips in Tang. Definitely not a repurchase, I'll go for Morange next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Zena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. Bought it yesterday after wanting an orange lipstick for a few weeks now. I initially wanted morange, but I felt that it was a little too bright and light for me (NC45-50) just by hand swatching.

This is a gorgeous orange with depth to it.
Wore it to a party last night and only reapplied once (after sipping on drinks & eating greasy food ALL night)

This will be the colour for every spring/summer to come for me :-)
<3 <3 <3 it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by shelivsinrainbows

Out of all the MAC lipsticks I own Id have to say this is my favourite. And the first I purchased! This matte lipstick is the perfect orangey toned red. This makes the lipstick classy but with a slightly modern twist. I would say that So Chaud is one of the creamier mattes and no way near the incredibly matte Ruby Woo. All in all if youre looking for a modern, slightly unusual red, try this!