Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

I might just got a bad stick - but this lip balm was incredibly dry and it was actually hard to put it on my lips as it was not creamy at all. I use other lip balms by Burt's Bees and never had I ever have this problem - I threw it out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Not a fan of this lip balm. It's more of a paste, hence it's name (Beeswax). If you have chapped lips, this balm will accentuate it - Exfoliate prior to applying it on to your lips. The smell and taste doesn't bother me, it's the fact that you have to keep on reapplying it. There are some lip balms that actually dry out your lips so that you have to continuously use them (EOS is notorious for this) and this is no exception. If you have sensitive skin this may sting/burn your lips. I wanted to like this product but it did nothing for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using another lip balm before which worked for me but seemed to have lots of bad ingredients in it, so I thought it's time for me to find something else. After much research, Burts' Bees and Nuxe are the 2 lip balms that I feel have the most potential with the natural ingredients they have. Decided to went for Burt's Bees bc it's cheaper so I won't be wasting too much money if it doesn't work. What I think about it:

- Good packaging - love the fact they have all their lip balm in all kinds of packaging: stick, squeeze tube & jar!
- Minty scent (will leave a tingling sensation when applied)
- Can't be twisted down - thank god the first time I twisted it up I wasn't thinking of going all the way up to see how much product there is!
- Does a decent job of moisturizing lips, might not do that much for more damaged lips though.

I put about 3-4 layers on at night and in the morning I'll use either a tissue or a brush to go over my lips and when I wash them all the dead skin would come off. Overall if you're looking for something extreme to heal your cracked lips maybe go for Nuxe, but for gals that have ok lips like me and r only looking for a natural and convenient lip balm to use, definitely give this a try!

Gave me my first allergic reaction on my lips! It was a week of hell! besides that it didn't feel good and moisturizing when I used it before the reaction. Hate it!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

PROS: moisturizing, no bad taste
CONS: melts easy

MY OPINION: I keep this lip balm in my purse at all times it comes in handy on hot day when my lips need to be exfoliated or on the winter days where they get all dry.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG since forever. Soothing, healing, a bit minty without stinging.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

If you have extremely dry lips, buy the original one with menthol in... It gives a lovely cooling effect. Used to use Camex which is also lovely but I hate glossy lips!!... This one doesn't make your lips look as if you've eaten lamb chops.
It's great over lipstick doesn't change the colour. The cooling effect could last longer is my only complaint... But its great instant relief for dry hot lips.I use Vicks on my lips before bed at night too... Although wouldn't in day time as it smells just horrible!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried so many lip balms, and this is my ultimate favorite one. I have extremely dry lips that will flake and it makes my lips looks extremely unattractive. This keep its nice and moisturized with a great cooling sensation. I always wait for it to go on sale because I just wouldn't pay the $4 for such a small item.

It's like a paste when you put it on. If you have chapped lips this will do nothing. I like the minty smell but other than that nothing special.

This product and I have a whole story, one that I like to share with others in the hopes of helping them get off these lip balms.

I essentially see this lip balm as an addiction; when I was using this product, I ended up needing it so often that I had to buy one for everything: my backpack, purse, my car, room, school locker, and bathroom. If I was ever without this lip balm for more than an hour my lips felt extremely uncomfortable and dry, and nothing else would help. I honestly just thought that I had weird, dry lips, especially since I live near the Rockies in a very dry climate- I thought this was why I needed them so much.

However, one day I read an article online about someone who had a problem very similar to mine, who had kicked his “addiction” by putting on Vaseline before bed instead. Desperate, I gave this a try, and today I am happily lip balm (and vaseline) free, and could not be happier. In retrospect, I don’t think this lip balm is even moisturizing but instead distracts you with a tingling sensation and a waxy feel.

In short I urge you not to buy this product, or even lip balms in general. My boyfriend doesn’t even use Vaseline or anything, and he never has dry lips, he just keeps hydrated and never uses any product- you really don’t need lip balm (and this is coming from someone who goes through really bad winters). The only time I use any lip balm now is for SPF on really sunny days in the summer, and that’s it.
Maybe this isn’t true for everyone or maybe I am just crazy, but I highly recommend trying to wean yourself off it for at least a little while, or just not starting to use it.

Popular Lip Treatments