April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Jumping Juniper solid

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

Either I had an allergic reaction to this product or it is just too drying for average hair... Each time I used this, my head itched so bad afterward that I actually checked for lice. I'm serious. We're talking both hands, fingers clawed up, scratching the skin raw... Naturally, I also developed dandruff almost immediately.

I've never had that kind of reaction with any hair care product in my entire life... Unless you have hair as oily as Severus Snape, RUN away from this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by melllm

As a daily shampoo this is a definite no for me. It really strips hair and leaves it with the squeaky clean feeling that I really don't like. I do have oily roots, but this is way too harsh. As a clarifying shampoo however, this would work. I really could only see myself using this once every few weeks. The smell is nice, but doesn't last.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This shampoo is amazing - lathers up like crazy, smells amazing and seriously - it makes your hair squeaky clean. I am oily prone and this strips the oil and product away like no other. I will buy this again and again. A tinyyyy bit goes a longgg way too - I use it straight from the bar to my hair, and it can be tricky to keep dry.. when done.. you don't want it to stay wet as it's in a bar form and will turn into a pile of goop. So I store mine in a litlte container and pad it off after showering.

Smells amazing - great value.. will last FOREVER! Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read alot of mixed reviews on this product but I decided to buy two shampoo bars. It works wonders on my super oily hair! It smells nice and gets rid of all the oil :) My hair literally squeaks because it's so clean. I highly recommend this product to those who have oily hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leighleighto

This has really helped with my greasy roots and it lasts a really long time. There is no need to buy a tub to keep it in the nice lady at the shop told me, just put it in a Tupperware box instead. I'm slowly falling in love with all things lush <3

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by JSweet00

My hair gets unbelievably oily. I can wash it then blow dry and it would look like I haven't washed it in a week! The lovely ladies at Lush steered me in this direction and I don't ever see myself switching to anything else. Just washing my hair the first time I could tell a difference. I was amazed once it was dry and I could see my clean non oily hair! Plus is smells amazing! I would recomend buying the tin to store it in to make it last longer. Also, I wash my hair twice. The first wash I use a clarifying shampoo to get out all the products in my hair then use this shampoo. I am in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by d33b4by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this shampoo bar by lush a 5, which is how I feel with all the lush shampoo bars from there that I have tried. I have really oily hair. When I use this shampoo bar... I actualy wake up and my hair is not greasy and I always wake up with greasy hair when I use other shampoo. Sometimes I wash my hair in the morning just because I am in the shower.. not because I need to (cause it's oily). Overall, this bar does what it sais and I think I am a complete conver to these.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by silvia0811

I have extremely oily hair, very very oily, if i wash in the morning by midnight it looks greasy, so i decided to give this shampoo a try, and well i have totally seen an improve, i am happy, my hair last clean longer, laso i really like the smell and it last ages, its easy to use n fast, a great alternative to regular shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by michii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall it's a good shampoo. I use it every day and it leaves my hair feeling really clean. It lasts a long time and smells good too. I find that when I use this shampoo, my hair straightens better than when I use some of my other shampoos. It lathers nicely and a little bit goes a long way. It seems kind of expensive, but it really does last a long time and it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I needed something to re-balance my scalp because I was suffering from flakes, buildup and itchiness. This fits the bill. It has a very faint herbal scent; lemon/rosemary/lavender; I can barely smell it when I'm using it in the shower, and it doesn't linger. It's not as harsh or drying as some of the others I've tried (Seanik, Godiva, Squeaky Green), but it doesn't do anything special to improve the condition of your hair (no added shine or bounciness). A few swipes over your scalp produces good lather, which helps spread it around your hair. If you have a dry scalp/hair and you're trying to pick a shampoo bar from LUSH, I would suggest New!, Ultimate or this bar. They still leave your hair very clean, but they're gentler and don't dry it out. I also don't think the shampoo bars are that expensive when you consider how long they last (my hair is medium length and it takes me 4-5 months to use one up).

UPDATE: I've been using this for months now and it works especially great with a nice rich conditioner like Suave Professionals Shea Butter & Almond. The duo leave my hair clean but very soft and shiny; not at all frizzy or dry.