MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

This one took me a few tries to figure out, but I put in the work because the finished result, combined with a bronzy everything else, is the perfect '60s beach bunny look. I haven't been able to find a dupe of this color that I like.

Kinda Sexy is a light peachy nude, with a tiny hint of pink. It's lighter than my natural lips and it's a MAC Matte, meaning it's opaque and can be kind of difficult to work with. The lighter shades IMO can be slightly patchy and unforgiving of minor flaws on the lips. You need to prep your lips before applying, and a liner reallllly helps even everything out. It's hard to find a liner that really matches this too, I have yet to complete this quest. Application is fine, the MAC Mattes have a tendency to not drag on me and apply almost chalky-creamy, if that makes sense. I find this does NOT work with MAC Prep + Prime Lip underneath (that trial was a hot mess), but Nuxe lip balm provides a perfect base because it dries matte.

FYI I have chronically dry, naturally wrinkly lips...this makes them sound gross lol, they're not I promise. It's just that mattes have a tendency to settle into my lip lines, but this is such a gorgeous, flattering shade on my olive complexion that I don't even care. Kinda Sexy INDEED.

Wear is okay. It's not the longest lasting lippie on me, and can look weird if I don't check in on it. Again...I *really* wish this was in the MAC Satin formula, my favorite lipstick formula of all time. That would totally make my life.

I bought this the other day along with Sushi kiss, and I immediately fell in love.
This is a great peachy nude matte colour, and on me it is a darker 'my lips but better' shade.
Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My third lipstick i ever got from MAC and i wear it almost everyday. I was looking for a nude lipstick at mac counter when i found kinda sexy. It's pinkish peach nude and matte, one of MLBB. Long lasting but you still need to reapply after eating. I don't think i'm gonna repurchase, but it's not because i'm not happy with it, simply because i wanna try other lipsticks from MAC.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm older. That being said there is no one from 16 to 60 who can't benefit from a lipstick that brightens the face. This looks close to natural, but it's definitely a step above. Especially nice with a tan but works without.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Being someone with a darker skin tone and slightly pigmented lips it's been a little difficult to search for s perfect natural my lips but better shade and I can say this is a great contender for that. This lipstick is nude a little on the darker pink side but with a brown undertone. This is perfect for my lips! As it is matte it can be drying but not as drying as I expected. But, I still recommend using a lip balm or exfoliating your lips for a smooth application. This lipstick also lasted me 4-5 hours until it started fading and that was with me eating and drinking.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i use this over the body shop's lip tint and maybelline lip balm to prep my lips. i love this shade so much!!!! suits me well. i thought this would wash me out but when i tried this on a mac counter i was sold! i am nc35 btw.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I didn't like this lipstick at first but later when I paired it with a brown lipliner and peachy/light coral eyes I fell in love. I love orangey colors on me and this looks just gorgeous, it gives the right sparkle to my face and makes my green eyes stand out. I also love the matte finish which is together with satin my favourite by mac.

My daughter had this and asked me to exchange it for her it is the ugliest pasty creamy peach color it doesnt look like lipstick but cream cheese or something its so ugly the color n texture i think mac needs to stick to dark colored mattes and leave the pastel mattes alone this one, please me and honeylove are the three lipsticks i loathe the texture of.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Kinda sexy is a beautiful deeper peachy nude color that looks beautiful on my light-medium asian skintone. The color, staying power and packing is awesome, just like any other Mac products. However, being a matte lipstick, this lipstick gets pretty drying and eventually sink in to accentuate all the little lines of my lips. So i have to use a good lip balm before applying this but I don't mind. Also, adding a gloss over the top will blend in the color and keep it less drying. But to some people that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a matte lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. First of I just want to say Kinda sexy is a gorgeous colour. What lets this lipstick down for me is the very dry matte finish of it. It looks beautiful when I first put it on but after about 3 hours of wear on me it starts to go sort of clumpy and patchy on my lips and I get the really gross white rim on the inside of my lips (which I don't get with any of my other lipsticks) and it just looks really quite disgusting after 2 or 3 hours of wear. If mac ever came out with a limited edition satin version of this I would buy 5 of them because as I said already I love love the colour of this and it looks amazing with copper hair! On me it is a peachy terracotta vintage nude. I ended up buying Mac's Half n half lipstick (amplified) as a replacement for this one because I just can't wear Kinda sexy due to the matte finish of it.

Recommended for Medium Skin