April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by iraysunshine

I love Kinda Sexy. It is one of my everyday lipsticks. I have nc40/42 and it looks like a very light pink. It is very flattering. Just make sure to have moisturized lips because since it's matte, it will look very dry and cracked. I usually exfoliate my lips using the back of my tooth brush, the little tongue scrubbers (sounds gross, but it works!) and i put some chapstick on very lightly, then apply the lipstick. This works very well with my lips and it looks nice, clean, and smoothe. This lipstick is very versitile, so you can wear it with a regualr black cat eye eyeliner, or even a smokey eye. I LOVE this lipstick. Definately purchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

on my nc30 skin it looks like ravishing mixed with half n half but matte. so its nude beige coralsh on me.
love it soooo muchhh. and i use miny vanilla hawaiian tropic lipbalm so it wont dry my lips out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a nice, neutral pink for everyday wear or can topped with a gloss for a more dramatic look. It looks washed out on me when I first apply but after a couple minutes my lips look great. The matte formula can be drying but manageable. I reach for this color most days and it does make me look kinda sexy and I'm not complaining!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Going back to the store (via my mom who bought it first and then tried to hand it down to me). Lesson learned: always try makeup and lipsticks in daylight before deciding.

This colour is awful on my yellow-undertoned skin, and the formula is really dry, even for a matte. Horrible on my mom too, who is rosier than I am.

What SA let her leave the store with this? Yeesh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I'm very happy to have picked this up. It brightens up my face (nc25) and is perfect for everyday wear. Its a nicely balanced medium pink on me. Its isn't drying or flat considering that its a matte formula and lasts longer then my other MAC formulas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was terrified of this l/s when I first swatched it in stores - it looked like a flat, matte ORANGE, which I thought couldn't possibly be flattering on anyone. Then I tried it near the window (for better lighting) and wow, I am impressed! On my NC25 Asian skin, it looks more like a peach with some warm pink undertones. VERY flattering. I highly urge people to try this lipstick before they walk past it.

The formula is matte and can be a little drying, but I solve this problem with a few swipes of balm underneath. (It's not as drying as Mac's Brave or Velvet Teddy, which I find kind of strange.) The opacity is fabulous, I only need one swipe to get a full swatch of color on my lips. I don't think it necessarily looks 'sexy', but this color does make my lips look plump and pretty. I wear it for work because it's a toned down and generally gorgeous on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought this lipstick because I was very curious about it for a while now. When I went to the MAC counter, I swatched it on my skin along with the other nudes that I have, including Velvet Teddy, Half n Half, and Honeylove. Velvet Teddy is more brown and does not have a peach vibe to it at all. Half n Half is a slightly darker, pinker color than Honeylove and cream formula. Honeylove is the palest of all. Kinda Sexy is darker than half n half and honeylove and brighter than velvet teddy. It has a more peachy vibe to it. I asked my mom what she thought of it on my and she said "It's pretty. Very natural and pretty, and kinda sexy" lol. I LOVE the matte texture in the MAC collection - beautiful, sexy and actually hydrating. So, I am NC15/NW20 for reference.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cocosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i was looking for a matte but kinda orangey lipstick and my mac mua showed mi this. and i fell in love with it=) i can use it everyday espacially for work cause the color is so natural. its darker than freckletone but lighter than ravishing. its a little drying though but i put lip balm before using it. definately repurchase=)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by angelamaria92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lipstick is great, really smooth to apply, long lasting and it smells really nice too, (quite rare for lipstick). Only downside is when applied the color is a lot lighter than it looks, however I love the color anyway :).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by geekess

I am in love! On my NC 20 skin this looks incredible and as the name suggests kinda sexy! Its like my lip colour but slightly darker which I just love, I can wear this day and night. Although it is a matte finish it doesn't feel drying at all it's more like a satin feel just with a matte look, personally I don't mind the matte feel but if you hate it don't be put off this lipstick because I would go as far as it feeling moisturising. This is also a very universal shade.