MAC Zoom lash

2.9

on 2/21/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first mascara that has not bothered my eyes!! It looks great and I barely know I am wearing mascara...all thanks to trying your sample!

on 2/18/2014 8:36:00 AM

This is a decent mascara, but it's just not for me. When I say "decent," I basically mean "not an embarrassment to the brand". I received a sample and so I didn't have to shell out any money. I wouldn't have bought a MAC mascara as I hear mascara is not MAC's strong suit.

The brush is very slim and has short bristles, and tapers at one end slightly. I found the formula rather wet but not heavy. You don't have to worry about it taking forever to dry, though. As for wear, it did really well and didn't flake even a tiny little bit. I was also happy that it washed off easily at the end of the day.

I already have pretty good lashes, meaning I naturally have some length and they're dark and curly, but definitely nothing special. I always want more, thicker lashes. Zoom Lash gives great length, but hardly any volume. The other thing I didn't like is that it tended to make my lashes spidery: you know, when several lashes stick together rather than fanning apart? It did that. It didn't look bad, exactly, but I want more definition than Zoom Lash provides.

So I'm giving this 3 out of 5, as it had more good points than bad. This might be for you if you have volume but really short lashes, but I have just the opposite problem. It's definitely not gonna make me switch from Mally anytime soon.

I received a sample of this and I was excited to try my first MAC mascara. Unfortunately, it did nothing beneficial for me except make my lashes darker. It didn't enhance the volume, curl, nor did it make my eyes look "more open". It did, however, take longer than normal to dry (it felt like my lashes were stuck together), settle into the fine lines around my eyes, and clump at times. I thought I was doing something wrong until I read the reviews here. I am relieved it's not my technique! I am throwing it in the trash!

on 1/24/2014 6:47:00 PM

I don't have much to add to the negative reviews of this mascara. This made me look like a spider and my lashes were all clumped together. Within minutes, there were flakes all over my face. I find with many mascaras that they start out good and then at the end of the first week is when I start having problems. This one was terrible right out of the box. Back to Nordstrom it goes.

on 12/23/2013 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Terrible! I thought I might have gotten a bad tube until I came here and read other MUAer reviews! I was so excited to receive this as a gift from MIL, as I usually just use drugstore or GWP mascaras. After 3 uses, I sadly threw it in the garbage. As others have stated below, this clumps terribly, flakes, smudges, and the WORST part of all is that it gives me spidery, ugly lashes with no volume or length at all. I can't think of a worse mascara I've ever used. Back to my Clinique GWP freebie High Impact mascara, which is a thousand times better than this!

on 12/4/2013 12:24:00 PM

My every day go to mascara. Gives me good volume and is a rich dark black. I don't find that it clumps/smudges. The tube dries out quickly though.

on 11/21/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely terrible! Similar to the below reviewer I accidentally purchased this (instead of Studio Fix Lash) while at MAC. The formula is super goopy, clumpy and heavy, and there is always too much product on the brush. Even when I wipe the excess off it weights my lashes down and refuses to hold any sort of curl. Even curling after it dries doesn't work. Also takes ages to dry and smears everywhere when applying. And it you accidentally blink or sneeze before it's completely dry, woe on you!

On the upside it doesn't smudge or flake. But definitely not worth it. Ugh. This is probably the worst I have ever tried.

on 11/17/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I accidentally purchased the wrong mascara when in MAC, what a mistake!
I'll start with the brush: poor! too thin, mascara clumps on the brush itself
on my lashes, its so watery, takes ages to dry and just tends to cump my lashes together. there's almost always too much mascara on the brush which makes applications very difficult.
just rubbish!
dont buy!

on 11/16/2013 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this mascara with my purchase. I'll cut straight to the chase: this mascara is not worth the price. There are better more affordable mascaras in the drug store.
Onto a more detailed review:
I was excited to try a mascara from MAC as I am a mascara junkie. This mascara was okay, but my biggest issue with it was that it was so liquidy. When I pulled the brush out of the tube some mascara got on my fingers. I was surprised as this has never happened to me with any other mascara. Also upon application one time I somehow ended up getting mascara on my cheek. Nonetheless it was a giant mess! At one point I was considering buying it because it does feel light on the eyes. I layer my lashes and love the fake thick Dolly Parton look and normally my lashes feel a little heavy, especial towards the end of the day. I also loved how easy it was to remove with a makeup wipe. No tugging or pulling just glides off so smoothly! Lastly. I don't have sensitive eyes, nothing hurts them believe me and for the first time ever I had a little product in my eye due to it being watery and my eye burned! Badly! If you have sensitive eyes be careful. I just don't think it is worth 20 euros. I would pay 10 but not 20. Same goes in US dollars. It's overpriced. Glad I didn't buy it.

Oh and I gave it full points for packaging because I have held the full size and the packaging is nice.

on 11/2/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

There is far too much mascara on the little teeny brush, always, regardless of how much you try to wipe it off. and this means that it clumps like hell. i cant do anything with my lashes after using this, they're stuck together and there's no shifting them!

really bad if you need a mascara that can be applied in a hurry - its just the worst thing when you need to look good and your mascara lets you down, don't you think?

Top Rated MAC Products