MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

A lot of makeup experts recommend this to be one of your first MAC purchases, so I figured I'd try it out as I'm starting my own MAC Pro eyeshadow collection. I adore this color. It's beautiful on my skin, it works with many other colors, and it's ALWAYS correct for any time, season, or occasion. I pair it with purples somewhat frequently, as well as reds and other pinks, with no problems. It's also an extremely user friendly texture - it doesn't take a lot of playing around with to look right. Warning: The gold shimmer will have a little bit of fall out, and will be all over your brush(es) unless you clean it/them really, really well.

on 4/17/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

One of my most reach eyeshadows from MAC.

on 1/26/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I Love Love Love this E/S. im a NC50 for reference and this eyeshadow does wonders for me. MUST HAVE!!!

on 1/26/2013 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Expensive Pink is described as a ‘pink with duochrome’ and I have to say, I quite agree! A mix of pink infused with gold, with a slight hint of coral, it actually reminds me of a sunset, you know all those gorgeous colours illuminating the sky? When I apply it onto my eyelid, the pink and gold sheen really shine through to give it a beautiful dimension.The colour is very unique, I’ve never seen an eye shadow like this before. It’s definitely one of those shades that will look different on other people’s skin tone and eye colour. Oh, and applying and blending it is incredibly effortless – it’s a Veluxe Pearl, which is my favourite MAC finish. My favourite way of wearing it everyday is by using Goldmine in the inner corner, Expensive Pink all over the lid, and then to really accentuate the gold tones, Woodwinked in the crease. It really creates a shimmering yet understated look.

I think Expensive Pink would also look amazing paired with Cranberry, Plum Dressing or Star Violet, either on the outer third or in the crease. Or, you could wear it all over the lid, and a little higher in the crease, and then tone it down with UD ‘Naked’ or MAC Cork. It is definitely an eyeshadow that can be worn multiple ways!

on 12/1/2012 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my all time favorite shadows from any brand! It's an absolutely gorgeous warm goldy-pink color that looks great against my pale skin and makes my hazel eyes pop. It's one of the only shadows that I've ever hit pan on, and will soon be my first repurchased eyeshadow (I don't go through them often because I have so many in my collection). It is truly an amazing shadow with nice pigmentation, little to no fall out, and easy application. I definitely recommend if you're afraid to wear colors or pinks, this would be a nice gateway because it is still really neutral (A bit like if someone mixed Woodwinked with a pink color).

on 10/24/2012 8:24:00 PM

One of my favorites. Great color payoff and really looks great with so many different colors. Extremely versatile and can be worn as part of a neutral daytime look or bold evening look. I can't usually wear pink shadows, but this somehow works. It applies really nice too. I am NW35 for reference.

on 10/22/2012 6:57:00 PM

This color looks absolutely horrible on my skintone (NC15)... I mean HORRIBLE. Maybe I will read some other reviews and see if there is some way that I can make it work.

on 9/23/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just picked up this shadow yesterday after hearing so many great things about it! It is an absolutely gorgeous pinky orange golden colour. Every angle you turn it changes colour and looks brilliant on my skin tone (NC25). I paired it with cranberry in the crease, sketch in the outercorner and shroom as my highlight and it looked gorgeous. It's also amazing just as a light wash on the lid for everyday. I definitely recommend this to anyone because it is such a versatile and flattering colour.

on 9/23/2012 6:10:00 PM

So, im no make up expert,but ill try to give you my opinion on this .

1)Lovely color. Unique for my country,but heard that there is a cheap wet n wild dupe out there - penny its name- maybe you guys would consider buying the second one instead .

The color in the palette looks like a peachy copper. on my skin (NC20) it could be described as: a medium-toned copper with a golden-peachy sparkle ,WHEN DIRECT LIGHT IS CAST ON IT/ a rose color WHEN IT IS NOT DIRECTLY LIT. I know, it sounds very strange,but mac describes the color as pink with duochrome!

2) Excellent quality, color payoff, application. Typical good ol mac!

3)Im pretty new to this color, for the moment its working great with light beige-peachy shadows, such as naked lunch/all that glitters. Easily pairable with brown and gold shadows, "Powersurge" liner, black liner,black mascara. Sure that there are heaps of other combos.

4) Due to the rosy aspect of the color, make sure to have a clear , even skin, without any redness. Not talking only about the eye area, but also about the whole face.

on 8/19/2012 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so glad I bought this e/s! This is the PERFECT rose-gold I've been looking for. After having bad luck with Laura Mercier's rose gold metallic creme shadow (didn't show up on me) I decided to try Expensive Pink. I was worried this would turn just plain gold on me (NC30-35) as most rose-gold shadows do, but this stays true to color on my lids. The color is simply stunning and very unique/complex. It's a pinky rose with gold and peach undertones. This is a gorgeous color for summer, I've been just wearing it as a wash all over my lids and it looks wonderful. I can easily transition this shadow to work for fall as well, if I pair it with golds and browns. This is such a versatile, beautiful color worth owning. It is definitely my favorite eyeshadow of all the ones I own!

Top Rated MAC Products