November 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel so bad about raining on the parade here because I just returned this product today. I wish it could have worked for me because there are so many nice things about it: it has a short ingredient list, it has pretty packaging (yes, I care about the pretties! Even if it is not the most hygienic...I just use cotton applicators on the rollerball), and, compared to other spot treatments, it is reasonably priced. I felt I could not go wrong with this product.

And, I suppose that is precisely it: I didn't go wrong with it but I didn't go "right" with it either. It did nothing to irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I didn't mind the smell, and it played well with my other skin care products and my makeup. Yet, I gave this a fair shot (4 weeks) it just did absolutely nothing to clear my persistent breakouts or any spots in particular. Perhaps I'm just not a person for whom tea tree oil is effective.

This is truly a bummer because I really wanted to find a nice, simple, effective product. The one upshot to all of this is that Whole Foods has a wonderful return policy and I felt like I got $8 free dollars (which I promptly spent on groceries). My skin may be in the pits but at least I am well-fed! If you can get this at a place with a good return policy, I would think that it is at least a good attempt because I have very particular skin and this did nothing to aggravate it. So perhaps for another person, the experience can only be a positive one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Chinkiebinkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this little thing is a miracle! I've tried so many spot on acne creams and none of them has ever worked on me. I just bought this yesterday and I couldn't wait to use it so I dabbed it on right when I got home to a small pimple that just simply would not go away!. After a few hours, the pimple literally got smaller and is now flat! I used it again this morning because I had a new pimple, and once again, it is flat! this is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by clearady

As a product, it is comparable to Retin-A and the likes, without the cumulative harsh drying effects and price tag. And it's organic.

However, the smell is pretty strong. So strong, that I cannot decide if I want to buy it again. It doesn't work better than my Retina per se, it just makes me feel better about myself as I know it is organic and less drying. It's a maybe, leaning more toward than not side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stalked this forever. I finally bought it, simply because I liked the packaging.

Lo and behold, it works.

I washed my face, rolled it on two painful zits, and went to sleep. I was ready to pop them when I woke up the next morning...and what did I find but smooth skin. I couldn't even find a slight bump under the skin, it was like it dried up and healed completely. I am rarely wowed like that. So I'm sold, at the price of $6 a stick. Funny thing is, the regular tea treat oil didnt work that way for me? I even use the Tea Trea Oil Facial Cleansing Pads, which I like, but they never spot treated like this. Oh well. I'm not complaining, I will definitely continue to use and purchase. ;o)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The roll on applicator is so awesome in this! Plus it absorbs right into my skin without any weird residue leftover so I can put makeup over immediately. The smell is fantastic too. I also have had no irritation which can be a big problem for me with most other acne products. It doesn't clear deeper pimples up like salicylic acid does, but is great for mini spots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is HG spot treatment for me and I buy to stockup everytime I see them on sale at whole foods lol. I have used so many sypes of spot treatments from DDF, clay masks, salicylic acid, etc etc and honestly they have never wowed me in results as you use a spot treatment to get rid of a pimple faste adn expect some results and not having to wait around forever for it to heal on its own. Anyhow having gotten into organic products over the years I have become a big fan of tea tree oil which is the best spot treatment/million other used product. It is natural and never dries ouit your skin so I can reapply a millio times a day if needed to speed up belmish recovery. The only problem is using pure tea tree oil on your face si very unpleasant/somewhat greasy lol (sorry to those who enjoy it). I mean I tolerated it for a while but my god it is so strong and last forever and is hard to tolerate anywhere on the face which sucks as I had great results using it in my mositurizer too to detoxify my skin. Bottom line this rollon stick is the solution as it has tea tree and so amny other beneficial oils that really helps clear your skin from blemishes/cuts/etc/etc, Also as it's a mix the tea tree oil smell is faint and doesn't last for hours on end. Also this formula isn't greasy whatsoever and absorbs in your skin in seconds. It is so convenient and hygenic to apply sveral times a day if needed as it never dries you out and is travel friendly. It really is amazing, super cheap, and all natural whcih makes it better than anything else I have tried! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works well for drying out a blemish! Overuse dries out my skin so I use in moderation. Also works well on clogged pores. I love the smell too, which was an unexpected plus. If I have a blemish I apply before bed or before makeup application and it dries very quickly. The only gripe I have is the packaging. The roller ball applicator is extremely unsanitary and I don't recommend using it directly on the skin. Instead take a Q-tip and roll it around on the ball (holding the tube upside down) and you will get enough product to use on your face. This way your product will stay uncontaminated. Otherwise a great, handy little tool to have when those pesky TOTM breakouts happen!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

Love this stuff..its reaching hg status for me! I apply to my spots and they are reduced over night..none of the very expensive products designed for getting rid of spots have given me the same results as this products! I paid about 8 dollars online for mine so I find the price very cheap for something that works well for me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was pretty pricey - almost $14 at my local drugstore/grocery store. But so worth it! I have very dry skin and I find when I use acne spot treatments it dries them out TOO much and makes me flaky and unattractive when you put make up on, haha. This product is ALL natural which is amazing and doesn't dry out your skin! I've been into all natural products lately because I don't like the thought of harsh chemicals wrecking or irritating my skin - and this does the job! It has a very strong scent, but I LOVE it. It's kind of like an Aromatherapy like smell. And it burns when you put it on a blemish...but in a good way. It works so good! I apply it several times a day if I have any blemishes, before during and after make up - never dries me out and is the most natural calming effective way to rid of stubborn pimples!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin with moderate acne. I really like de products. This, however, did not work for me. I put it on blemishes, yet nothing would happen. Perhaps a reduction in redness, maybe. No shrinkage, no reduction in size nothing. I would not buy this again unfortunately. It just did not do anything for my blemishes. If you have sensitive skin, beware. This can burn skin.