July 29, 2014 | 1590 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I gave this a 3 because I know it works for other people.

For me this is just awful. I was "matched" to Light Bisque (I was about a NC15 at the time). I have tried everything to get this to work and have moved on to other products. I have tried using very little and applying concealer on top but then it doesn't do its job correcting. If I put enough on where it's actually correcting it's took thick, obvious, and the peach color shows underneath any concealer I use over it. There's just a lose-lose for me.

Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Note: I don't own this corrector anymore, I'm not asking for help (just so I don't get any advice from kind strangers).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

This corrector is okay. My skin is pale neutral-warm to olive depending on the season, and I was matched to the shade Light Bisque. My dark circles are part of the architecture of my face, they will always be there, but this brightens them impressively. Unfortunately the effect is negated by how even a very light application makes the lines under my eyes appear more wrinkly, prominent, and deeper. This happens regardless of which concealer or powder I follow with. It also has a thick, tacky texture I find difficult to pat in and blend without tugging. I will be trying Laura Mercier's under eye products next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am nc25 and I have this in light peach. It makes a massive difference to my dark circles. Seriously I'm going to boldly say its the best thing I've ever used on my hereditary dark circles. It covers up all the darkness and it doesn't have that 'obvious' look. Also really importantly for me- it doesn't crease (This is a problem I tend to have because of my super dry under eye area). Its very close to my skintone so I could definitely use this on its own but I tend to like a little dab of MAC moisturecover concealer NC20 or Nars Creamy custard concealer on top.

HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by nchinoy

I have 'stained' lids.

I'm an NC20 with a bit of an olive undertone and I have extremely dark, stained lids and under-eye circles that look quite bruised and purple. I had tried their creamy concealer before and threw it out after 5 years of non-use. It did nothing for me - it creased like hell, wore away after an hour and the powder made my dry skin look like desert sand under my eyes. Not appealing.

This, however, is a different story. As it is a corrector, this is the only product (of the plethora I have tried and tested) that I have actually hit pan on. It pays to make a trip to the counter so they can match you with the right shade. I have light to medium bisque which is a true salmon color and once patted into the skin, actually does serve to seriously correct my horrible circles. A few things to note:

1. Use an eye cream. This really doesn't work without an eye cream underneath
2. Pat this in under your eyes and even on your lids if they're veiny or stained like mine
3. If needed, tap on a liquid high coverage concealer - I use MUFE Full Cover and it works a treat
4. Ideally, powder. I don't, as the MUFE dries nicely and doesn't slide around. I have dry under eyes and hate the look of powder on them.

When I do take the time to follow the routine above, I find I don't look quite so tired/so much like I'm in an abusive relationship. That's enough of a reason for me to repurchase:)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. The texture is similar to the BB creamy concealer. Maybe a tad stiffer. My problem is that I cannot for the life of me find a good color.

Porcelain peach - too light, not peachy enough. It's almost the color of the porcelain concealer
Porcelain Bisque - also way too light
Light bisque - workable but a tad too dark
Light peach - wayyy too dark

Bleh

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second one right now, and I use the shade Dark Peach. In BB Skin fdnt, I use Golden. This corrects the blue and green tones under my eyes. It is best used with another, drier concealer to avoid too much creasing, I use MAC Pro Longwear in NC42 over this.

To set with powder is crucial to avoid creasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product at the Bobbi Brown counter at Lord & Taylor when shopping for makeup for my wedding. I took the bridal makeup lessons at the counter and absolutely loved the overall effect of all of the complexion makeup. Not wanting to mess with the combination, I bought all of the face products the makeup artist used on me. Like a sucker. In the name of my wedding day. Yea, like a lot of brides, I was kinda cray when I was planning my wedding. But face makeup is normally an area where I splurge, because I think it pays to get the good stuff. It's hard to get away with cheap face makeup, in my experience at least. Certainly the good stuff was necessary for my wedding day, with all the photos and everything.

ANYWAY. I bought the Corrector to be used with the Creamy Concealer Kit. No doubt, this is an expensive combination. Together, the two products cost $57 - way more than I would spend under normal circumstances. To put this in perspective - before purchasing this product, I had been using the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot, is all three products in one and rings in at $34.

The packaging is chic and minimalist like the other Bobbi Brown products. It's a mini compact that fits well in my makeup bag. However, what I don't like about it is that it is in a separate container from the creamy concealer kit. For the sake of convenience, I would prefer having all three products in the same place, like the Undercover Pot.

The formula is creamy and soft. It's supposed to correct the color in the under eye area before layering the concealer on top, and it does. It's easy to apply and easy to blend. I am going through this more quickly than most of my other products.

I have a neutral-to-warm olive complexion that would be considered "medium" in the summer and "light" to "medium" in the winter. I believe the shade I use is called "Bisque." However, I would make sure you have a competent makeup artist match you perfectly before buying. That's what I did.

On it's own, this is a good product. However, I do not care for the results I get from the system as a whole. You are supposed to let it set before applying the concealer, which is kind of annoying, but whatever. After letting it set and applying the concealer and concealing powder, it totally cakes up and you can tell I am wearing something, at least up close. If I am spending $57 for an undereye fix, there should not be such a glaring issue with the formula. In contrast, the Laura Mercier concealing products are not only less expensive but they also deliver flawless results.

I would not purchase this again. I am going back to the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot when I can spare the money. I doubt I'll have the patience to finish the Bobbi Brown concealing products, which is a bummer since I spent so much money on it. I'm giving this product a 3 because I think the real formula issue is with the concealer itself, which has a much dryer, stiffer texture; not this product, which actually has a nice consistency and it does do a great job canceling out the discoloration under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in Porcelain Bisque, with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer over it and some LM Secret Brightening Powder to set, and my, that's a good combination!

The corrector just neutralises the darkness of the shadows under my eyes a bit, you only need a tiny dab and then I feel it just lets the concealer do its job, and also provides a bit of layering so there's less fading through the day.

I would say that I think the colour isn't the absolute best at neutralising very dark shadows, I think I need something with a bit more peach but it's hard to get the balance and this works well and isn't drying or cakey. A useful workhorse product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC35, just for reference, and I have this corrector in Dark Peach, as my under-eye circles are quite dark, a problem I never used to have. (Yay me.)

Pro's:
- Packaging is very sleek, as most Bobbi Brown packaging is. Comes with a little mirror that is pretty handy.
- Covers under-eye circles pretty effectively. (I use in a dabbing motion, dabbing conceals imperfections more than sweeping, and sweeping will make your under-eye circles worse, just saying.)
- Works just as well if you use your fingers applying this, opposed to a brush. (Although, I prefer to use a brush, because I am a clean freak. However, sadly, I have had to use my fingers before when I forgot my brushes and it works.)

Cons:
- I have to use quite a bit of product to cover up my circles. Yet, there is a slight part that it still doesn't cover up, however this doesn't particularly bother me, as it's probably about 5% of my circles that it doesn't cover, opposed to the 95% that it does cover.
- I find it to be just a little bit too heavy for my liking, especially paired with Bobbi brown's creamy concealer. Not my ideal for an every day look, however when on a night out then it's pretty cool. :)
- I also find it to be slightly drying, but, again, I'm now using a good under-eye primer which stops the dryness.

Overall, I like this product, a lot. Because I don't use it often it's going to last me a while, so I'm happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by suneclipse121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I have worn the Bobbi Brown Corrector for 10 hours plus and so far I have mixed feelings. When I first I applied it I warmed up the product with my fingers because it is a bit thick and creamy. I applied a light layer under my eyes because I didnt want it to cake up, at this point the corrector has done a good enough job with covering my circles. After the corrector I apply my concealer (Maybelline Dream Lumi) and it highlights and gives a bit more covarage under my eyes and I set it all with banana powder. At this point my under eyes look flawless and the effect lasts for a few hours.The reason why I have mixed feelings is because my under eyes go from looking flawless to looking dried and cakey by the end of the day. Now I regularly just wear my dream lumi on a regular basis and it does crease slightly but with BB corrector it gets really bad. Every line is noticable and all the concealer looks cracked and creased. I like how it covers my circles and the initial effect is nice but for the $25 dollars I paid I expected better MUCH better. I might try it one more time and maybe apply it diffrently and see what happens but if it dosent change then I will return it back to Sephora. I think I will try NARS radiant creamy concealer that was another option I was consedering while I was in the store and I kinda wish I went with that.

If you're wondering I am an NC30 and I bought the shade Peach.