Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer

3.5

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ozokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007)

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

I think I'm in love! I have found my DH... I mean my HG concealer! I hope our relationship will last though! :S

I got this today in the shade 'Almond', with NO help from any BB MUAs- they were all away on holidays, apparently! For reference, I am between NC45 and NC50 in MAC foundation shades. I didn't want to get both a corrector and a concealer, so I put this under my left eye and the corrector in Deep Bisque under my right eye. I like both, but I think the concealer brightened my eyes more and hid my dark circles better, so I ended up buying it! I still think creamy face make up is kind of tricky to work with, and I ALWAYS (because of my clumsiness), keep denting the product by accident! I think those in the makeup think tank committee should come up with a better solution for packaging creamy make up! Or perhaps, I should stop being such a klutz! I love the little mirror, though, and it's not hard to open, so I'm giving the packaging quality a 3.

I applied a TINY bit of this in the department store myself at about 9am, and came home at 5pm to find... no creasing at all! It looks almost better than when I first applied it: it's really nice, fresh, and matte- no oily looking shiny cakey-ness like with MAC! A reviewer who reviewed the Bobbi Corrector in Deep Bisque said that finishing it off with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (in 02 for us deeper ladies) made a big difference to the look, and I wholeheartedly agree! It's such a beautiful look- everyone should try this! Thankfully, I also bought the brightening powder a week ago from strawberrynet, so I'm all set! : )
I think the best thing about this product is that you only need a little of it to make a sizeable difference to how you look. I struggled and struggled with MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW40 to cover the hyperpigmentation around my mouth and under my eyes, to no avail. I totally shouldn't have bought it. I pretty much touched my E.L.F concealer brush to the BB creamy pot, dabbed it on, and hyperpigmentation gone bye-bye! It's amazing.
The only 'whinges' I have are the price (AUD $46 for such a small amount of product) and the difficulty we Brisbanites have in being able to access an adequate number of stockists out here. We can still buy them online, but it's so important to try them out first!
Not sure if I'd buy it again (because of the price and also because they keep coming up with better products progressively), but for now, I would say 'yes'.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I LOVE this concealer! I use it to spot conceal my acne scarring on my cheeks, and it blends into my skin perfectly, conceals even big red scars, and lasts all day. I love the shades Porcelain for winter and Warm Ivory for summer, but to be honest, they both are very similar and sometimes I use them interchangeably. Can't speak enough about these amazing concealers.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this concealer and corrector for several years but to tell you the true I'm not completely happy with it, but I have try others and I always come back to Bobbi Brown, the color is perfect,I use the concealer and the corrector on top as they recommend me in BB, the problem is that it's very heavy and oily and doesn't stay for a long time.

Again, as goes for the BB Corrector, I must say I appreciate Bobbi Brown's colour palette, so I find her colour variations beautiful and truly universal.

However, while this concealer covers well due to its fairly good pigmentation levels, it does not stay put, not even if you set it with powder. Any powder. The accompanying Bobbi Brown powder or the MAC Prep+Prime translucent powder, the Essence loose setting powder, the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder and so on. No powder has so far been of help as far as this concealer is concerned.

I find the Laura Mercier hard textured, waxy Secret Camouflage concealer and the Vichy Dermablend stick concealer a lot better in both coverage and staying power for blemishes, and the MAC Pro Longwear one in the little vials a lot, lot better for under the eyes.

Like I said in my BB Corrector review, I am giving this 3 lippies because it's not a bad product, but it's not great either, given its reputation, price etc. In fact, it's not even "good", it's merely "not bad". I expected more and I will not repurchase.

This is a medium-to-full coverage product. I found it very tacky and heavy to apply; the consistency does gain some slip when it's warmed. No matter how I tried to make it work (with/without eye cream, extra light hand/light hand/heavy hand, etc.) it always seemed to cake and crease, especially after setting with powder.

I have the single concealer without the powder or the corrector. I usually cant be bothered to set it with a powder after I apply it and this just slides off my face after maximum 2 hours and it creases as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Okay I'm gonna make this short and sweet:
Packaging- I have the old packaging, which sucks, but the new packaging looks so much better. The old one comes with a loose powder that is good, but it gets EVERYWHERE. The new one seems to have a pressed one, so I will have to update if I try it.
Quality- Let me say that I love Bobbi Brown. The corrector is amazing. This is not. I do not have oily skin but this slid off my face while at the same time, drying it. So confusing!! I just think that you could find a cheaper concealer that is better quality and less expensive. I don't recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree this concealer is very creamy but it does a decent job at covering dark circles. I RiS the shade natural which was a good match for my skin tone. For reference, I'm around nw20-nw25. I find that you need to apply a little at a time otherwise you can over do it and it will look too thick around the eyes. This applied better with my sigma concealer brush than with my ring finger. However, the reason I gave this a 3 is because even though I like this I don't love it and I will finish it up either way. The reason I also gave it a 3 is because its kind of pricey and I've tried other cheaper concealers and they worked better.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

it is indeed very creamy which makes it great for undereyes, but unfortunately makes it not very long lasting. looks great for the first few hours but only for the first few hours.

I'm sadly disappointed with this concealer. It's thick. I'm approaching 40 and while it covers, it draws attention to imperfections. It's not worth the money. I can get something that works better in many places. It was my first Bobbi purchase.