August 21, 2014 | 1167 users online

Pressed Powders - Black Opal - Invisible Oil Blocking Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by pleezsayDbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOAW EVERYTHING u can expect from a translucent oil blocking powder n MORE!! because u always read this n that on the packagings!! let me tell u this on is the truth!!Along with Deluxe finishing powder (which I rewied already)a very very very good finish on very very very oily skin! blends like it's magic with ur skin tone or foundation!! it works wonders for me n my skin is already good!! that's the secret in being beautiful not spending ur whole fortune to look the best but finding what really really works for u n stick to it like a good habit!! this one n the Deluxe are definitely my staples now!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Sharell

First off let me say that I do not wear foundation at all, so my main purpose for finding a powder like this is to matte me out, but still show off my skin. I just use concealer (Bobbi Brown....wow)

The Triple milled formula is so great because its smooth to the touch, and when applied disappears into the skin- granted that you apply it lightly. Some powders feel like baby powder but this is so fine and light...I apply it with a powder brush. Oil Free, no talc, Hypoallergenic, what else can u ask for in a Sheer, translucent powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The best powder compact from both drug and department stores that I've ever used for touching up my makeup mid-day. (And with my oily skin I've tried more than I care to count.) I love this stuff for taking away shine without looking like I've piled on the powder. I carry it with a retractable kabuki brush and it applies like a dream. I don't even have to look in the mirror while I do it (even though it has a nice-size mirror to check my work when I'm done). I will buy it again, and again, and again...I actually go out of my way to get it since the stores near me don't carry it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by shaizy

LUVS IT!! Only good things to say about this powder. Perfect on a tight-budget, controls oil WONDERFULLY, cute little packaging, although what in the word is that little puff thing it comes with? It's like paper with a bit of padding on it! You definitely NEED to use your brush/puff. Only sad thing is, I smashed it on the ground while breaking up a fight 2 weeks ago!! Lol! Am anxiously awaiting the end of the day when I can run to beauty supply store to purchase another one - or two just in case!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mischeriedior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder about a month or two ago and I honestly don't even know how I managed w/o it. Some ppl have complained that they look pale when they wear it but I'm have a deep complexion and no matter how much I put on, it never appears visible after it has settled. It is completely invisible but you have to put it on right if you are darker complected. I apply the powder right after my powder foundation with the pad that it comes with *patting on* then - just use a big powder brush *in a downward motion* to blend any excess... Although it doesn't keep the t-zone completely matte ALL day (but come on what powder does? especially if you're crazy oily. A quick dusting with a big brush will remove any midday shine) it does make your make-up stay fresh and gorgeous and in place.. I would recommend this to anyone, it does wonders for my oily skin. The price is great and it'll last forever because you never need alot. Couldn't do without it..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ncwclark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to 'touch up' after lunch. I am really impressed. Just a little and the shine is gone and it lasts. What's best is that if you are wearing foundation, you don't have to worry about matching. It is truly translucent and doesn't give off od shades or tones. Good stuff. May be my HG in powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Charlyn7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin, and this oil blocking powder definitely keeps my face matte for hours at a time. I definitely notice a very slight change in colour on my face when I apply this powder, it suddenly makes me look like I'm wearing foundation one shade too light for my skin! ...but this effect goes away after about fifteen-twenty minutes of wearing it and it really settles into my skin/foundation. Although this product does serve it's purpose, I probably will not repurchase because...I know this is going to sound weird but I don't like using it in public. I feel strange opening up a compact with a peachy-white coloured powder and applying it to my face. I've gotten strange looks from my sisters and friends and I feel the need to explain that it's a mattifying powder.

I eventually chucked it and purchased matte f/x from the cover f/x line. Matte f/x works great, is available in light, medium and DARK shades and doesn't leave a light coloured residue on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I like that this is a matte powder that will keep your face shine-free all day. As it really lives up to it's claims.

I sincerely wish that this product came in a slightly lighter shade to accommodate more fairer skin-toned women of color. As, it's one-fits all shade is a tad bit darker than my actual complexion.

This is actually the only product from the line that I used to buy, until my local Walmart stopped carrying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I don't know what the reviewer who said it leaves a white film on her face is talking about. I have very dark skin and I have never seen any color deposited on my face. I have extremely oily skin and don't think any powder can completely fix this so I wont rate this a 5 but it is pretty much as good as you are going to get. Especially for darker tones, this is even better than MAC which turns greenish/grayish on our skintones. I tend to use concealer to cover trouble spots and cover my whole face with this powder. It is hard to find but get it if u can.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product leaves a white residue, especailly around my nose. It is not equal to MAC in keeping away shine but it doesn't leave your face looking grey and dry like MAC does either, it has a slight sheen to it that in the hot weather turns to another greasy film so you constantly have to keep putting it on.

Instead try using those paper toilet seat covers .Cut some into small squares and carry them in your purse to blot your face and guaranteed you will have no shine and it's free. Tyra Banks also promoted this cheap beauty trick.