August 29, 2014 | 1836 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the good reviews about this product I decided to give it a go. The sales assistant recommended shade Nude, which did look a good match for my skin tone. Whe I first tried it alone, it didn't moisturise my dry skin at all, so I had to apply it over my usual moisturiser (which defeats the object really). Using it this way, it gave my skin a soft dewy look and was a great colour match at first. However, it soon oxidised and the colour changed and didn't match my skin tone at all. I took it back and the sales assistant reluctantly swapped it for the Porcelain shade which is a little on the light side but a fairly good match. I wouldn't recommend this as a use alone product for anyone with dry skin, I found it to be more of a light/medium coverage foundation. The packaging is also quite messy, you tend to find more cream in the lid than in the tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lilaee

Just to give you some background about my skin type - I have normal-combination skin, with an oily t-zone (forehead & nose) with occasionally some dry spots on my cheeks, with occasional breakouts (nothing major). I have a love/hate relationship with the product. I used Bisque in the normal line (light pink bottle). It made me breakout so maybe if I used the oil-free line that would have been better. LM has a great selection of colours and bisque matched perfectly to my skin. I was looking for more coverage and I found that this TM is build-able and easy for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MissMatchedSocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I was like "what the hype is all about ?" But then I found that this is what I keep reaching for, I have a very dry skin that alot of times I cannot use any foundation, I repurchased this several times, the coverage is better than any drugstore tinted moisturizer but still not a foundation, i think the smashbox BB cream has more coverage but is heavier than this TM, so this is my go to product in winter

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by icebabe86

Do not buy this unless you have skin drier than the sahara desert!
On my quest to find the perfect tinted moisturser I visited the laura mercier counter and parted with £33 for the pleasure of making my face look like I had smeared it with chip fat.
I have skin that can get oily quickly but if I use products designed for oily skin it gets really dry and tight. I also suffer breakouts of cystic acne around my jawline which I believe to be hormonal rather than product related. Im around nc20 colour wise.
The lady on the counter assured me if I used this with the matching primer I would not get oily and the make up would last all day. None of the shades looked particularly yellow toned to me (I hate pink toned make up on my skin it doesnt match at all) but again I was assured that 'nude' would be perfect for me. To be fair the shade wasnt bad, more pink and pale than I would have liked but I persisted with it and I had heard such good things about the product.
I didnt use any moisturiser before using the product, then applied primer and this on top followed by powder and bronzer. Literally 5 minutes later my face looked greasy, the product was bunching in facial lines and by the end of a shift at work I had no make up left! Plus to top it off I started breaking out in places of my face where I never get spots such as my forehead and cheeks! I kept using it for a few days as I had paid so much money for it but I looked so awful I had to stop.
I ended up giving this to a friend who has very dry skin and she seems to quite like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I got a generous sample of this, and used it for a week or so. I liked it, but it caused me to break out. On the upside, the coverage was better than most tinted moisturizers I've tried, and it left my skin feeling nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for several months. I prefer a light coverage and this is exactly what that does. I either use my fingers to apply or RT expert face brush. I sometimes put an extra layer on red areas for more coverage. This doesn't cake. It evens my skin out. I still need to spot conceal tho. There are some other brands (Nars, Sonia Kashuk) that I'd like to try but until then -- this is perfect for me. I use Nude and it is perfect for my light complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample mini-tube, and I honestly don't understand the point of this product. It is not very pigmented, so you wouldn't use it as a foundation. I suppose it may even out skin tone a bit, and it gives a decent dewy finish for a while, but coverage isn't heavy enough to hide any redness or under-eye shadows. At the same time, if it's only a facial moisturiser with SPF 20 sunscreen, then you can get products just as good or better for a tiny fraction of the price at the supermarket! Also, it smells absolutely terrible, like cheap sunscreen and chemicals. I don't understand how they can justify putting a massive pricetag on a nasty-smelling plain old moisturiser that doesn't really do anything special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by levie

This tinted mosturizer feels very light and it has a really light weight coverage. Its good for those people who doesnt have many blemishes which need to be covered. it doesnt stay for a long time and need to be re applied after around 3 hours. its a great tinted mosturizer overall tho

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a NC30 with dry/combo skin. The colour sand is perfect for me. Overall this is a very lightweight tinted moisturiser that I believe would be great for those with oily or combination skin like me.

The price is a little high in my opinion for something so lightweight, meaning the coverage is very minimal. I believe this is best for those who want an extreme natural look and already have pretty good skin. I have decent skin but felt this did not really make a difference except slightly evening my skintone out. It definitely does not cover blemishes and is not buildable. At $43, I'm a little torn at whether or not it is worth it because I like how it does not make me oily after a long day AND works amazing with my skin, but the coverage is too little (I prefer light to medium coverage).

Pros:
- Did not break me out... I have sensitive skin
- Did not make me oily after 8+ hours of wear
- My face looked more radiant after putting it on
- SPF included
- Did not emphasise my dry patches but also did not make me super oily... this is quite perfect in terms of staying power, oil control, etc.
- Loose powder helps it stay, but I find I do not need it and do not need touch ups throughout my 8-hour workdays! Amazing.

Cons:
- The price
- Coverage is TOO light... made for someone with already great skin
- Not buildable

In the end, I suppose if I can't find another TM with SPF in it, I will be repurchasing it. For now I will be on a hunt for a slightly heavier coverage that reacts the same to my face in terms of oil control and staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Reneestamboom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is overpriced. It is okay and nothing more. It gives a very sheer look which I can appreciate but it feels cheap and I don't like that it contains parabens. It also makes my pores look a lot bigger, which I then have to correct. That's not good of course. Also no coverage at all unless you put a lot of layers on. I expected light coverage. This tm only illuminates really.

I regret paying this much and will only use it as a highlighter.

If I tested this blind I would probably guess this to be a very cheap BB cream. It reminds me of that horrible BB cream from Garnier.