December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooo as part of my seemingly never ending quest for a good foundation/tinted moisturiser, I decided to try out LM on account of all of the good reviews it's gotten on a number of websites. I paid a £33 for a tube, which was pretty steep in my opinion, but worthwhile if it worked. Unfortunately this isn't the tinted moisturiser for me for a number of reasons:

1) It provides extremely light coverage, too light for me without wearing concealer underneath. It looks like I have nothing on and I've noticed a distinct lack of compliments on my skin since wearing this. Hmm...

2) It transfers on to EVERYTHING. My clothes, fingers, paper, fiancé. I'm afraid to give hugs just in case the person I hug ends up a greasy, brown stained mess. Yikes.

3) It slides off my face after about an hour and leaves my skin looking extremely greasy. I may get less than an hour in the summer.

4) It's not a perfect match for my complexion and oxidises to a weird orange colour throughout the day.

5) Smells like sunscreen. I do like the texture though!

In all whilst this isn't really really awful it's bad enough for me to not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to be the odd one out here but here goes...

This tinted moisturiser does not provide me with any coverage whatsoever! I know it's a tinted moisturiser and it's not supposed to give you an amazing coverage, but this provides NONE.

It feels like I'm just applying a regular moisturiser as I cannot see the difference before and after application :/

I have only used it once so far, I'll give it another try later and see if my opinion changes but I doubt that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by dlmslp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As you age you find foundations of any kind (mineral or liquid) tend to settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Less is more to help with this. I love this TM and use it with LM secret camoflauge for imperfections when needed and Bobbi Brown's corrector and concealer for dark circles. All work together really well and I'm happy with the outcome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is flippin amazing!! It's exactly how a tinted moisturizer should be. It's moisturizing but dry to the touch, also dries quickly. Color is so evening and wonderful, it definitely looks like your skin but better...cannot even detect the makeup, but somehow evens up everything. Got soo many compliments on my skin when I wore this!! Best thing about it is it doesn't crease up on the undereye area, even without powder!! NO powder necessary (wow). Coverage is pretty light but like a second layer of skin. I love how it feels natural and not chemically, a very comfortable and longlasting wear. The new shade in Nude is PERFECT for my NC20-25 coloring. Would recommend for anyone, especially those who love no-hassle makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I found this to have a lovely, natural texture and a very light, moisturizing feel. However, as soon as I add some to a sponge or to the back of my hand, it oxidizes within about 60 seconds and turns a deep orange. Such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Hollykadwill

Great product for the summer months, very natural. I have acne prone skin which can be oily or dry. Either way it tends to look very dull, this brightens things up without it looking greasy. It is also looks like your own skin which i love. It isnt amazing coverage but it is a tinted moisturiser.. I think this is a great colour range for more yellow olive tones. I find most colours I try are too reddy for me so I love this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by esmdur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. But I HATE, HATE, HATE the packaging.

I am fortunate not to have many skin problems, so I really look for very minimal, very natural-looking coverage. This product is really great for that. I have been using it for several years and keep on going back to it even when I cheat on it with others from time to time just to check out what is out there.

I really, really dislike the packaging, however. I travel quite a bit and when I get on the airplane (my make-up always travels carry-on) it will inevitably spill with the pressure. It just makes a huge mess, it is incredibly gross, and you lose quite a bit of product. I would love it if it came in a sanitary dispenser.

I started wrapping it with tissues and tape when I travel, but I think that if I buy it again, I will have to look to transfer it to a more convenient dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by lovetolookgreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Brilliant!!! Lovely smooth consistency, really moisturising. It is sheer but still gives some coverage and evens out skin tone nicely. SPF 20 which is good for your daily dose of sun protection. Become my daily go to product! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own the OIL FREE version and was curious what the difference was between the REGULAR and OIL-FREE versions....so this is based off of a sample from Nordstroms. so here ya go!

--OIL-FREE--
1- More Coverage! awesome right?
2-Shade porcelain is peachier and darker than REGULAR (NOT awesome) because technically its too dark for my NC15/ porcelain ivory fair skin tone, YET I can wear the OIL FREE with some light colored setting powder and its and OK shade.
3- Makes me skin look flawless/pore free.
4-feels flexible
5- not as easy to move around on the skin when applying as REGULAR
6-better lasting power than REGULAR

REGULAR-
1- The Porcelain shade is lighter and better than the OIL FREE
2-More transparent
3-lighter weight
4- Greasier quicker, I have combo skin, this gets shiny fast, even with setting powder. Although i am not scared of oil products, i feel we all need more of that in our skin to keep hydrated.
5-thin texture
6-shows redness in my skin quicker, almost right after i apply it i can still see my pink areas, with the OIL FREE it covers better

At the end of the Day i like the OIL FREE better, even though i have to compromise the color difference in the Shade Porcelain.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it with the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Together they are better than they are apart. This is a medium coerrage duo that is my favorite and most comfortable to wear. Looks great, dose'nt enlarge or block pores or make fine lines look worse. I have not tried her powder yet but I want to, my Coty Airspun looks good on it though.