December 21, 2014 | 859 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tuckyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this sucks and did nothing for my acne, never mind "unclogging pores"
do not buy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first drugstore exfoliator in at least a dozen years, so I purchased a 1 oz. travel size first. It came in a blue and white tube. I should also mention that I do not have acne, but do have very stubborn blackheads on my nose. What I like about this exfoliator is that it is mild enough to be used frequently, as opposed to others that can be used 2-3 times per week. I find that the more frequent use helps keep my blackheads at bay a lot better. The beads of the Biore exfoliator are considerably bigger than the other ones I have tried; it is not as luxurious either. That said, it leaves my skin softer and brighter, and most importantly, deals with the blackheads, so I am happy with it. I have already repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I bought this product along with the Acne Clearing Scrub at CVS on a BOGO deal. There was also a coupon attached to one of them. Firstly, I do not suffer from acne. I get an occasional breakout due to poor diet, exercise, and heavy makeup and hair product use. Therefore, I figure a super cleanser is the way to go.

I liked this product a lot for a few reasons. Firstly, it did its job. I felt it cleaned my skin very thoroughly. It's a bit of a thick crème with exfoliating beads in it, so it does take a few rinses to wash off (I noticed another review mentioned this.). I wash my face on average about twice daily. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I did not find it to be irritating, although I do not have particularly sensitive skin. The tube lasted approximately two months or so. I'm not running out to buy another one, but I would definitely pick some up if I came across it again for a good price. (Average cost without sale is about $7ish.)

The only negative I thought was the smell. It smells like chemicals and clay. After a few weeks I did get used to it and it did not bother me anymore. But at first it was pretty gross.

Overall, it's a pretty decent product! Would buy again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic scrub!!!! I use it every day with no problem at all. It helps with my acne, it won't completely clear it up but it gets it so close that I really can't complain. You do need to moisturize after it because it will leave your skin feeling a little tight but thats a small price to pay for clear skin! It is a scrub but the beads in it seem to be rounded so maybe that's why its not so harsh. The price is great, like 8 dollars or something. The only reason why I took a lip off of it was because the beads are difficult to get off. Nothing horrible but just enough to notice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought the newer pore unclogging scrub in the blue and white tube. I didn't know it had 2% salicylic acid or else I would have not bought this. I cannot use products with salicylic acid in them. It does not help my skin yet instead I get oily skin and acne. It has been two days since I've used this and I'm still getting the pimples under wraps. So upset I didn't catch that. I'll be throwing this away and never using it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

I was pretty disappointed with this scrub especially after seeing the generally good reviews it had. I did not see this product doing anything for my skin besides leaving it dry and tight. I tried it a few more times to make sure and give it a fair try but I could not wait to get back to my nuetrogena cream wash! Was hoping this would work and usually I finish a product if I paid for it before I buy another one but this is one that I did not want to keep putting on my face :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by avisonaboire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of frustration that my previous cleanser/scrub was just not doing the job. Previously I had been using St.Ives Green Tea Scrub. And even though it was a very fine and gentle scrub, I found it to not really purge my skin of blackheads and bumps. I don't have acne, I just get the occasional breakout, but I have acne scarring, and I have clogged pores (blackheads, little skin colored bumps/closed comedones) and you can't see them unless you're up close, but my skin NEVER was smooth, always felt bumpy/rough.

I've been using this pore unclogging scrub for .. 3 days now? I ONLY USE IT IN THE MORNINGS (I use Noxzema's Triple Action Anti-bacterial cleanser at night- it melts makeup off) and let me tell you... Biore finally made a good SLS-free scrub!! My skin is almost completely smooth, makeup looks better on, my scars arent' as noticeable anymore cause their not surrounded by bumps, and my cheek blackheads are disappearing! I will continue to use this for another 3 months and see if it clears me uo completely! Only reason I'm not giving it a 5/5 is because i've only used it like 3 times.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by chalaynay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a teenager with moderate acne but I've been breaking out like crazy lately. My face was irritated, itchy, bumps were popping out of nowhere! I had stopped using this because I had bought another cleaner. I went back to it because I remembered how clear it made my skin. I used for about 2 nights are saw results already! This feels good, its creamy, not too drying, and its a scrub! I don't feel like my face is clean unless I'm using a scrub. I will buy this over and over again until I die! Even when my acne is cleared, I will still use this for a scrub and the feel. This got rid of my stubborn blackheads in my nose too! I love this! My is clearing wonderfully and I just ordered a Clarisonic so I'll see clear skin in no time. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

I have combination skin that is mildly acne-prone. I have tried everything under the sun for products from inexpensive drug stores to high quality expensive beauty shops. Barely if anything has shown any type of result. Everything that contains salicylic acid and/or contains a scrub is too drying and makes my skin flakey and tight! I do understand that your skin has to get worse before it gets better but the side effects that occurred from the other products were NOT normal and made my acne-prone skin WORSE! Nonetheless, after watching a Top Skincare Product Fav's video and hearing how much the girl raved about this product, I had to go on a whim and try it out! And OMG!!! She was right! Surprisingly, something so cheap and simple had done wonders for my skin. The soft rounded beads are great little exfoliators for daily use and the smooth cream really makes my face feel clean without dryness and irritation. I love the tingly cool sensation that really opens up my pores! The scent is very light and delicate, definitely not "chemical-ly" or harsh floral (which I very much hate!). My acne had gone down and my breakouts that I had before starting were dried up and visibly smaller in just a few days after using it! My pores have shrunk and my blackheads around my nose and chin have disappeared little by little! I have been using it twice a day everyday, which might have made a difference, but thankfully has not dried out my skin. I do use a makeup remover towelette before I use this cleanser too, just to make sure I get ALL my long wear makeup off, as well as using my toner after I cleanse. So I'm not sure if that entire combo has helped too. But anyways, I definitely would recommend it and have to two other people! My fiancé started using it recently and he loves it! He says it skin doesn't feel so "leathery" anymore and his acne has subsided (I have also noticed his MAJOR blackheads around his nose/cheeks/chin have gone down tremendously!!). Needless to say, if you're skeptical, I understand, but definitely just give it a try! Literally under $10 and worth every penny!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry cheeks) that is very sensitive and eczema-prone (but not on my face), with occasional breakouts. I have been using this scrub for about 4 years now and it's definitely HG for me. I saw a definite improvement in my skin not long after first trying it- it's clear and my acne subsided, with infrequent breakouts. Unfortunately, this did not help get rid of blackheads (but I wasn't expecting it to). My skin feels clean and soft, but not dried out. It has a pleasant scent. I use it twice a day, it's not harsh because the beads are small and smooth. Even after Biore reformulated their entire line this scrub still worked fine for me, if not even better than before. Recommended!