September 22, 2014 | 1901 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Dove - Essential nutrients protective tinted moisturizer SPF15

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by vicxon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i tested this product on a few of my acne spots to see if it doesn't cause any break-outs or make them worse....so i waited about an hour and then "BOOOOWWWW!!!" MY ZITS TURNED INTO GIANTS!!! THEY LIKE DOUBLED OR EVEN MORE IN LESS THAN AN HOUR...OMG THATS JUST STUPID!...SO I QUICKLI WASHED IT OF AND RETURNED THE PRODUCT STRAIGHT AWAY....I AM VERY DISAPOINTED BUT IM NOT GOING TO STOP SEARCHING FOR MY TM!!!!

not re-buying and do not recommend to oily or acne-prone skin!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This tinted moisturiser is really good. I have tried a few different ones (Benefit, Elizabeth Arden, Clinique) and this one just seems to suit my skin. I would recommend it only for normal - very dry skin as when it goes on it can feel very moisturising and make the face appear shiny. This usually dissipates after 10 minutes and the result is even skin tone and a dewy look. I am very pale with freckles, and thought this would be too dark for me but it seems to adjust to my skin tone while it's soaking in. I have very dry skin at the moment so it is not moisturising enough on it's own, but I solve the problem by applying my regular moisturiser beforehand. It's cheap and for the price far outranks the other brands I have tried.
EDIT: at the time of this review my skin was dry and this product was great. I no longer use it as my skin has become more oily and sensitive to fragrance. I have bumped off a couple of stars as it has started stinging my skin. Not suitable for those with sensitive skin after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by abbi3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG tinted moisturizer! I've been using this product since I was in high school and whilst I've tried other tinted moisturizers, I always find myself coming back to this one! For days when I don't feel like wearing foundation, but still don't to leave the house with a bare face, this is the product I reach for when I get ready in the morning. Its easy to apply, i just use my hand, and it evens out my skin tone, leaving me with a beautiful dewy/ healthy glow. I also mix this with my foundation as well. During the summer, I often tan really easily so my foundation usually end up being way too light for me. So rather than going out and spending money on a new foundation, I just add some of this product and voila! Beautiful, flawless skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first had this a few years ago before they had changed the formula and it was very greasy. Now, it is like a normal moisturiser with some added benefits:
*evens out skintone
*hydrates and moisturises skin
*good base product if you don't like the heaviness of foundation
*allows under eye concealer to glide on and adhere to the skin
* comes with SPF

Cons:
* squeeze tube pack makes it easy to squeeze too much out OR of you're a messy person,like myself, not good to put on the floor and accidentally stand on because this will make the tube explode and cover the walls and floor with tinted moisturiser(haha).

Other than that, this is a daily staple for me. It provides a very sheer to almost no coverage, but evens out the skintone and is a great replacement for foundation, especially knowing your skin can breathe and is also being moisturised!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pailbluesea

The first couple of times I used this product I was mega stoked to find something that evened out my skintone, had SPF and was a good way to polish my look for school and whatnot without going overboard. A couple of years later, I try using it again, and lo and behold, every single time I'm left with a oily broken-out mess of a face. I really didn't want it to be Dove, but after a lengthy process of elimination, this was the culprit. Beware...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by QweenB

I agree with Kyoko - huge cystic chin acne, it was so embarrasingly ugly!

I used this product in my late teens when I already had bad skin but I never even thought it was making it worse.

I stopped using it less than a week ago and I have no new breakouts. It is such an oily nasty product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jessamine20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was ok, much better than the nivea one, but my skin doesn't like this type of product. Breakouts again, but not as bad as the nivea one, and the colour was better as was the texture. I haven't used this type of product since I found my HG. And I never will again. Not overly moisturizing, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as an extra in a swap with a really sweet Asian MUAer, if you're reading this thanks loads! Such a pity it isn't sold outside of Asia and Australia! If they sold it here I'd definitely buy it! Gives a good sheer look for no-makeup days, coverage is very sheer (= almost nil!), doesn't really cover anything or even out skin tone that much, I haven't got much to cover (very fortunate to have no blemishes or imperfections, just crater sized pores!) but I do have about 50 colours on my skin and I would have liked it to even out these colours a bit more, after putting this on you could still see maybe about 35-40 of the 50 face colours I have! It's also slightly too dark for me (NC30 more or less and I got it in Beige) but that's ok especially now at the end of summer. What I really disliked most about this was that it was really really greasy! I have combo/oily skin though so probably wouldn't look so oil-ball on someone drier than me. I just apply it like a moisturizer with fingers, I tried a sponge but it didn't work and applied streaky and uneven with a sponge, this really doesn't have a liquid foundation texture at all, it's thick and creamy. Setting/blotting powder is really a necessity for me with this TM. If they sold it here I'd still buy it again to use on casual days but such a bummer, they don't have it here! I wish Dove would spread this product out to the rest of the world! =UPDATE = Changed my rating for this because I don't know why but it works much better for me now, perhaps it's the season? Or maybe I've perfected my application, I just spread it on like moisturizer, it's fast and easy to slap on (as another reviewer said), it gives me beautiful skin and it's not really so greasy after all, at least nothing a little blotting tissue can't solve. It makes me look so good now that I could even wear it to work (even though I don't, I like to look great on weekends too!). Just such a pain they don't sell this outside of Australia!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Squinkey

Cheap, good SPF, gives a nice glow & easy to slap on. I swirl it on lightly with my beloved MAC 187 brush for a lovely finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Idony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! Gives great results at such a cheap price. I don't wear foundation because i find it too gluggy and i don't really need it, i have no blemishes, just needed to even out skin tone and this is the perfect product! Light coverage and evens out really well, also moisturising and contains SPF. The beige shade is just right for my skin tone unlike some TMs which come in one shade and claim to be able to adapt to skin tone but don't (*cough* nivea). Atm, this is my HG, i will probably stray once in a while for some variety and the hope to find a better one but i have a feeling i will probably run back to this one. Value for money, great product!