April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

A LONG list of chemicals / ingredients in this cream scares me but it feels so luxurious on my eye area. I am pretty oily so i don't use it on other part of my face. I only use it as eye cream and it feels REALLY good because it's so creamy and thick. But i am a bit turned off by a long list of preservatives and alcohols in this.... so i don't think i'll be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a night cream. My skin became severely dry with the coming of this winter, so I bought this stuff. This is a very heavy cream, I feel it is VERY moisturizing. So I only use this as night. In the morning my skin feels nice and soft. It hasn't made my combo skin break out.

My recommendation would be not to use this during the day. It is very heavy and if you wear make-up it is not a good mix. One day I used this as my daily moisturizer and when I came home at 5 in the evening after a full day of make-up wear, my MU looked bad. I think that the heaviness of this cream made my skin oily in the MU areas, causing make-up to slide around.

4 lippies because it's only good for night cream. But I will repurchase if it runs out before summer time. The amount of cream supplied and the small amount you actually need for the face makes the product last!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MaiBritt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the beginning I really liked the cream for my normal skin with dry/flaky nose & nosecorners. But then after I had used it for a few weeks, I felt like it had lost it powers, I didn't feel moisturized enough. For the price it is good, th jar is kinda cute, but could have been cuter since it's from Benefit. I wouldn't buy this again. For normal skin without any dry areas this would be great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by colleenh86

Well, it got rid of my HORRIBLE dry patches in 48 hours, so it is definitely effective. However, it may have made me break out in my t-zone (I was using it as a night cream). It is pretty heavy, and looks too shiny for day wear. Fairly pleasant smell.
    If you aren't obsessed with your skincare being organic (like me, haha), this would probably make a great night cream for those with dry skin.
    Ingredients: Water (Aqua); Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Glyceryl Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Glycerin; PEG-40 Stearate; Cyclopentasiloxane; Cetearyl Alcohol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Phenoxyethanol; Octyldodecanol;
    Chlorphenesin; Methylparaben; Panthenol; Sodium PCA;
    Cyclohexasiloxane; Propylparaben; Fragrance (Parfum);
    Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Sodium Hyaluronate; Linalool; Butylene Glycol; Propylene Glycol;
    Butylphenyl Methylpropional; Citric Acid; Althaea Officinalis Root Extract; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract;
    Citronellol; Hexyl Cinnamal; Geraniol; Sodium Hydroxide

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product and used it for a while, but I'm a product junkie and it wasn't long before Dear John got relegated to the back of the drawer. But some months later I decided to reform myself and use up what I had before I went and bought something new.

It turned out that Dear John is a great daytime moisturizer for the dry winter-to-spring weather of Michigan. Emollient enough without being greasy; a great base for makeup without having too much "presence."

The packaging is fine, perhaps less cute than many other Benefit products. The price ($32 for 2 oz.) is better than many things I've bought! I used up the jar and I plan to repurchase when (1) the weather calls for it and (2) I can afford it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loved it when I used it, but somehow when I finished the jar, I didn't feel like buying it again, usually I keep buying the same things over and over again if I really like it, but this one is not the case...........

Hmm, maybe I will give it another try when the winter comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by shoppingjohnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, Love, Love this moisturizer! It has been one of the only moisturizers to help my severe dry patchy skin. I have tried everything-high and low end and all natural, but I always come back to this. It just does the job. It is my day and night cream. And it smells heavenly. The reviewer that stated it broke her out in hives and white heads must of had a RARE allergic reaction to the cream. The ingreidents are stated on the box when you buy. I know many others that use this cream and have never heard of a reaction like that.
    Anyhoo--love it, use it, buy it! It's great! Can't say enough good things about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by katieelixa

I swear by this product! I've always had trouble with finding the right moisturiser for my skin, but i think ive found it! My skin can be very oily at times so i was worried when i first opened the jar because it is very thick and creamy, so i was expecting to break-out after using this, But i didn't ! It left my skin feeling sooo soft and helped the little dry patches i had due to my acne.

It is a little pricey but i feel it is worth it, the amount was just right as it is so rich you do not need to apply alot, so lasts for a long time!

very happy with this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by laneez

I wouldnt buy this product again because my skin is no longer as dry and flaky as it used to be. but when it was, dear john worked great. it may feel thick at first, but it's rich and creaminess feels light when on your face, but dont use too much of it. a bit on ur finger tips is enough. it did not cause me to break out, because they use 2 oils in there that do not cause acne. i bought this after my face cleared up from all the acne treatments and left my skin very dry. its perfect for that

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 5:10:00 AM More reviews by annsuya

Smells divine and yes after using it you see a kind of radiance but i think it's just temp effect. No long term benefit I guess