April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Clothes - H & M - H&M clothing in general

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Kaleido

H & M is everywhere and is easy to access with simple clothes.
I remember buying a really popular dress (sold out in one day I got the last one) and it was like 10 or something like that.
The quality of their clothes are good, especially when it's cheap, I'm only a teenager and even I can afford to go shopping there several times. They have expensive stuff as well as cheap ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I lived in Manhattan I used to shop here often, it was less expensive while still having nice, trendy clothes. The NYC stores are always huge and loaded...always walked out with something, even if it was just jewelry...and their kids line is great! Now that i'm in the suburbs, their stores here suck! Whoever does the buying/product stocking is awful, but maybe that's why I never liked H&M until living in NYC. All their suburban stores don't carry anything interesting, are extremely limited in sizes/colors, have terrible jewelry sections, and I have yet to find a location around me that sells kids clothes. Since moving the only thing I ever walked out of the store with is leggings, even if I spend 2 hours in there trying stuff on. Nothing ever fits right. I still think they're the only place that makes the best cheap leggings, but those too wear out after 2-3 months.

Now I just shop at Marshalls (or sometimes Macys when they have sales), I always find good stuff, good quality, and decent prices.....but alas, none of it is as trendy or super chic looking as H&M has in the city.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that the UK H&M is a lot cheaper than the US H&M (even in exact currency conversions), so I guess the price varies on what country you're residing in. The quality isn't too bad overall, but you still have to watch out because some horribly made things can be sold there, too. The sizing seems to run weird. I don't know, I think they run a bit small? In comparison to other stores, the sizing appears to be different. I still fit into my regular clothing size there, it's just labeled oddly and the fit feels strange. I'm not sure what is going on with that. The clothing also seems to be really basic and plain, nothing too out there to explore. It's a steal when shopping in the UK, but overpriced when doing so in the US. Although, I do think the American H&M offers a bit more variety in style, and livens things up a bit more than its UK variant.

Basically, I'd have a higher opinion about H&M if it had more variety and if the prices were more suitable/stable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

H&M's ad campaigns are always beautiful and inspiring, however, when I browse around the store the quality seems to be hit and miss. Most of the clothes are affordable. I don't like their knit sweaters - I prefer Zara. However, some of their blouses are great and retain the stylish quality prevalent in Zara's blouses, while being $20 cheaper. Still, I rarely find that I absolutely LOVE anything in this store - however, I will continue to shop here for the occasional affordable clothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Kirs13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know if the quality differ in different countries, but I'm from Denmark and I found most of their clothes to be nice quality, in fact almost all my clothes are from H&M.
Here's a little pro's and con's list.
Pros:
It's cheap - Gotta say that is the biggest pro for me.

Medicore quality - Good for the price, last 2-3 years in my experience.

Lots to choose from - What more is there too say?

Perfect if you are in need of basics - They always have cheap tops, undies and t-shirts in very nice quality, which I find is often expensive in other stores.

Cons:
Bra's - Though I heard from a friend that their "Perfect bra's" are very, very nice. They don't carry my size, so if your boobs are on the bigger side you might have trouble finding anything that fits.

Sweater's: In my experience the sweaters (you know thoose made from wool or a cheap imitation of wool) are often itcy, it gets a little better after the first wash, but the sweaters I have from H&M I never wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although, in my opinion, H & M gears their marketing toward a younger demographic, I, at 56 years old, can find clothing items here every now and then. Before my vacation this summer, I picked up some extremely basic tube tops for--I'm pretty sure ---$5.99 each. Two white, one stripped. They can in handy for wearing under sweaters since I don't like a lot of "bulk". I also picked up a really cute navy and white stripped skirt and dress--both of which sufficed me well. I recently saw a nice trench coat for less than $60.00. For young women and men on a limited budget, I think this is a great place to shop for trendy clothing. I do have to say though, the H & M in Paris, France had far more nicer clothes than the one in King Of Prussia Mall. Since H & M is a global retailer, my assumption is that the European stores carry better stuff. That being said, for basics you cannot beat this store. My summer clothing is packed away, but I'm guessing that I'll be wearing the clothing I purchased at H & M for another summer or two.
I rated this a 4 lipstick store simply because you CAN get great buys here if you look. It is hit or miss, but still, it isn't bad. On price, I gave it a two rather than a one. There are other places that are cheaper,but you will get what you pay for. Packaging, three because--well---just because. I will purchase again from H & M--most likely more basics. I have to tell you right now though, I also have to research where these clothes are manufactured. As a personal promise to myself, and to all the American workers who are now out of work, I am no longer purchasing ANY items that are made in China, or Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Pakistan...or any other country in which workers are paid peanuts because manufacturers are too cheap to hire American. Don't bash me because of this. My decision has nothing to do with the people of those countries, but it is about time that we start taking care of an hiring our own.
That's all!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always swear to dont ever comeback in this store,but every time i comeback.I start getting things from them 3-4years ago,when i moved to Germany.In my first year i had the impression they have nice clothes and some quality stuff.But in time,after washing their t-shirts,pants,skirts ,etc,i've seen the color changed and turned in some bad looking trasy clothes.I get for myself very rare clothes,i still like the organic cotton line,for basic things but nothing else.I still go in this store becouse i love their kids line clothes,i like the colors and really funny design on most of their products.For myself i prefere Mango,Zara or other local brands then this .It is expensive all the time and avoid this shop.I will comeback for kids clothes but nothing else.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When this store first came to my mall, I was so excited.
Then I was let down horribly. The clothing is nothing special at all. It's pretty basic, though well priced.
And what isn't basic, is a bit too formal and I hate their sizing. Their clothes are so awkward fitting.

In theory, a good store...but doesn't work well in real life.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ashton

A good place to get trendy clothes without the high prices, although I agree it has gone downhill in the past few years. I find the quality better than Forever 21 and the clothes just over all cuter. I definitely stop in any chance I get to see what I can find. Sometimes a lot, sometimes nothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by majasarajevo

I find that H&M has gone down hill in the past few years. The quality of the clothing is getting worse and the prices are getting higher. I have stopped shopping there - have not purchased anything in over 2 years. The clothing just doesn't fit right, unless its some kind of a sack-type dress that is meant to look like a moomoo. I am unimpressed with the quality and the selection.