December 22, 2014 | 1379 users online

Clothes - H & M - H&M Clothing (General)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I go back and forth with H&M. I don't have a store locally, so I am always excited to get to shop there when I go to Monterey or San Francisco. However, my anticipation is usually met with disappointment in the end. I've had some really great purchases there - a few bras, a black trench, jewelry - that I love and are staples for me. The prices are great, along the lines of Forever 21, but the clothing is higher quality and more mature in general than F21. However, the sizing is always sort of off for me. I am somewhere between a size 4 and a size 6 generally in junior's and most things don't fit me there in a flattering way. I swim in medium sized dresses or shirts but the smalls seem a little too small for my taste, because I don't like to wear things tight, but rather more figure skimming. I can never find pants in my size, either, I feel like the waistbands/rise are always so high. I've got one really cute dress from there but otherwise I rarely find actual clothing that fits properly and looks good on. I feel like the way things are put/sewn together is sort of haphazard and accounts for the poor fit; maybe it has to be that way because it's so inexpensive. So much of their clothing is just...shapeless. I still usually find it worth going in when I'm near a store but I don't expect to walk out with a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I prefer H&M to F21 by far for trendy clothes that don't break a budget. H&M is just better quality and have better sizing and selections. I love their winter coats and summer tops and bikinis. I'm so glad one opened in the mall close to my house.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love H&M, especially their trend line, if you see a white-silverish tag on the clothing you know it is from TREND. The trend line is only available in bigger cities, but the quality is NOTICEABLY better, but more expensive, but will last you a while! The trend line from H&M is the same quality as other shopping mall stores (Guess, Express, Zara) but about 15% cheaper!!! That's what I found out!

I don't really care much for divided, or the other lines as the quality is poor (only slightly better than F21).

I love H&M.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think H&M has a variety of items for a variety of people. What some reviewers are saying that each H&M is different and unique to their own locale is probably true. Every department store has buyers that purchase merchandise that they think will sell in their own local market. So it only makes sense that each H&M will follow the same marketing strategy.
With that in mind, it's unfortunate that H&M doesn't follow strict policies for their standards. In America, we don't have the luxury of shopping from their catalogs, and can only shop from their stores. The one store that is near me stocks decent merchandise and it basically flies out the door. What is good to stock up on are the tank tops in colors. I've had quite a few of them that I wear constantly, wash constantly and they've held their shape and color. I also own a few pairs of their jeans and they've also held up excellently. I've purchased a few of their unique type blazers/blouses/hats and also been happy with them. I guess my H&M is a good one. Like I said, if you like it, you'd better buy it, 'cos it won't be there next time you go in. I'm just waiting to see what happens if they ever go online here.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like H&M. I buy most of my clothes there and I had no problems with most of them. I know the quality isn't great usually, but you can find good items if you search well. I must disagree with the idea that it looks cheap; at least the clothes we have in Europe don't. I think that if you know how to search for the good stuff and accesorize it nicely, you can look stunning. A simple dress can change its appearance if you put a nice belt on and add a hair flower worn as a brooch. Or a statement necklace and a colorful bag. You can play with it, you don't have to wear the clothes exactly the way they are exposed in the store. To tell the truth, I saw people wearing expensive clothes who looked like they got out of the trash in spite of the quality and price.

However, traveling across the world, I saw the clothes were different from store to store, from city to city, from country to country, from continent to continent. I guess they base their decisions on the customers or the fashion of the place. In Paris the store has a more elegant and preppy-style, while in Barcelona it has an urban-style.

I bought a pair of pumps and they lasted forever, like 5 years or so. I bought bags, coats, accesories, underwear, clothes... I only had problems with a cotton dress: it lost its colours after 3 washings and it looked like it had been used for 10 years... The rest of the things I bought were ok. It's cheap, so I wouldn't mind if the clothes didn't last a lifetime; I mean, it's obvious they're meant to last a season, until new fashion trends arrive. This is why it's so affordable. But I have many things I bought years ago and they are still good, so I wouldn't say you get what you pay for, since my experience is positive. Just be careful what you chose, how you wash them and if you respect the label advice it should be fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ainoinkeri

I wouldn't say that everything from H&M is bad quality, but most of it actually is. I wouldn't never buy any of their shoes, jackets, jeans or the worst of them all - cosmetics. I have some nice cardigans from H&M which I'm happy with, but many of their clothes have shrank in the first wash or the material has just gone bad in such a sort time. Nowadays I don't even go to their shops, I think the clothes are way too cheap and they also look very cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty basic clothing store. I only shop there when I look for some daily basics, like plain t-shirts, jeans or sweaters, The prices are ok (sometimes way too expensive for the quality they offer) and they often offer discounts and bargains. Their underwear collection is also pretty impressive and in fact it is the only mainstream brand where I can find bras my size. Their shoes and accessory section is also worth to check.
The only (and main) downside is that their clothes are everything but pretty. Almost 90% of the stuff they sell is pretty dull and has a quite basic design. But I don't think H&M aims to be a store known for their designs. They are more focused on selling cheap clothes while trying to keep some decent quality in them. And that has proved to be quite popular.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i go to hm when i need an outfit for a gno or dont want to spend much on simple items. the items are great if you dont re-wear your clothes for multiple seasons.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

Many good basic clothes when quality compared to price, but I rate this 1 for now because H&M pay their workers an insanely low amount of money for their work, if anyone have read about it. Young children have to stop going to school and work instead because they can't afford school with the payment they get. I do not support slavery and such abuse of workers and will likely not buy clothes from H&M before they fix this problem.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by brideie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think there is some matching the products in the stores to the location. The H&M in Paris I visited had lots of "urban basic" clothes with lots of trendy stuff. In my suburban mall in the USA, there is a section here that looks like a clone of American Eagle with the pseudo-athletic clothes that are popular with teenagers here. Overall H&M is a place I go to find something new and cheap to zip up my basic wardrobe. The small sizes are a plus since true extra-small sizes are hard to find.