Revlon Brow Fantasy in Brunette

on 10/13/2011 10:39:00 PM

This pencil goes on really well and doesn't smear. I was using Maybelline's medium brown which is more of a reddish brown and looked totally fake, however this pencil matches my eyebrows perfectly and looks natural. I've been trying to grow my eyebrows back so the gel also really helps to even things out and add a little more fullness to the new growth coming in. I would recommend the gel if you have really sparse eyebrows to add some fullness.

on 9/8/2011 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this product and I find it last. I barely use the gel because if I put too much on, it feels weird. But other then that I like this.

on 8/19/2011 12:49:00 AM

My go-to brow pencil, though I really swear we need to start a petition asking Revlon to sell it as a crayon only, I'm not surprised to see I'm not the only one who hates the gel end. I'm not too crazy about paying $10 for essentially half a brow pencil, but it's the best formula I've found so far - not too chalky, not overly waxy, and the perfect color to match dark hair. The gel stinks in a nutshell, not natural looking at all and makes my brows stiff and glossy. Maybe if it was clear I'd like it better, but the pencil overall rocks.

on 8/15/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE the pencil. I love it. It matches my brows perfectly. Usually other brow pencils are too dark or light but this looks so natural on me. Butttttt, I can't stand the gel.. I thought it was my foundation making my browns look grey or something but it's the gel. Hopefully Revlon makes the brow pencil alone minus the gel because I'd hate to buy this again just to use only half the product, but it's the best match for me that I'd actually do it. :/

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this product the price is reasonable however the packaging is a disadvantage. The crayon is too short. It stays and doesnt run at all. I would buy it again. It's better if they have a darker brown shade.

It's my first brow pencil so I don't have a comparative review but I think it's a decent product because it gets its job done. I just don't like the brow gel because I don't really use that and the brow gel seems to have a strong staying power because I just swiped it on the back of my hand once to see how it would look like and it was so hard to get it off.
I use a light hand with it because it can make your eyebrows look overwhelming.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like the brow pencil on this product. Most pencil tug on my skin, or apply too dark or too light. This is a really smooth (but firm enough) pencil, so application is easy. The colour is a medium brown, so even though I have dark auburn hair atm, it still looks natural.
However, when I first bought this product the tinited gel side was great! Held brows in place all day, the tint wasnt unatural but still darkened my brows, and was a pretty good consistency. After about a week, though, the gel started to look clumpy, and "glued" my brows to face. So I don't use that side anymore.
The price is okay, but because one side didn't work for me, I feel like it's overpriced for just a pencil.
Thats why I gave it 3/5. Too expensive just for a pencil.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's an okay product, but didnt work that well for me. I have dark brown hair and coarse brows and this pencil wasnt pigmented enough to blend in with my dark brows, and the color was too golden/red toned as well. Its nice the other end of the pencil is a gel, but its pointless that its tinted. It goes on clear.. Not like MAC brow set that actually tints your brows. This is better suited for those with highlighted brown hair or brunettes with reddish tones in their hair. Also better for those with fine brows that mainly need darkening.. As its not pigmented or dark enough to "draw" brows that arent there.

on 2/3/2011 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I recently dyed my hair from medium golden brown to "soft auburn dark brown" (according to the hair dye box) and was looking for a brow product to help my brows match my new hair color a little better. After looking at reviews, I chose this as a few stated there was a red undertone to this shade. I don't use the pencil part as I already have full brows, but the tinted gel helps to groom my brows and add a bit of dark auburn/brunette color to them. Since I don't use the pencil, I just pulled it out (its just wedged in there, no glue) and it saves space.

on 1/2/2011 9:43:00 PM

I like this product...the pencil shows up well and and the gel is great too. However, the shade just wasn't right for me. My eyebrows are definitely brunette, but their color isn't nearly as rich as the color of this pencil/gel (which I would almost call reddish), so it looks a little strange. If not for that, I would definitely buy this again.

Popular Brows Products