April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Treatments - Aphogee - Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have been using this once for about 2 years now. At first I did do it once a month for a while but after this and a few other changes got my hair got back into better condition I have tapered it off to every two months. This product has transformed my hair!!!! I am bi racial and I could never get my hair below my shoulders it would always shed break off ect. I stopped getting relaxers,doing this treatment,and mini trims every 8 wks and my hair is now down to about to the back of my bra no kidding.Yeah the girl that has never had hair past my shoulders even during pregnancy. My hair has never been so long in my life. I would recommend this to ANYONE that has had ANY kind of chemical service EVER done on their hair and esp to bi racial and or African American females that have a problem with their hair growing. I once fell asleep with the conditioner in my hair and was afraid that the alcohol would maybe dry it out but it turned out even better then it has before.It was sooo soft. I do recommend this used properly on conjunction with the conditioner suggested since I have used it with other conditioners when I ran out and I can say it does give you a more silky finish when used with their suggest conditioner. This is called a two-step for a reason people.This is one of my top products in my bathroom like seriously. Ladies also if you bleach/highlight your hair you need this. When blow drying this on my hair it does get really hard like I used a lot of mouse and my hair is scrunched. I blow dry it until it is dry do not let this air dry I did that once and thats a different story. Be careful when you rinse since your hair is so hard. But it's no big deal there is ladies complaining about that its seriously no big deal for what this does to your hair if used properly. So do it and toughen up.It is a litlle messy just be sure to have a towel handy and it's a little smell,it smells like soy sauce,but it's sooooooooo worth it.
EDIT...still useing this every two months with wonderful results. I can't stop raving about this product also make sure you rinse your hair VERY good for a while. If all of the product is not rinsed out you will get unmanageable hair and rough spots where the product remained. I just wanted to add that tip I feel thats very important and didnt want to leave that out I'm sure it will help a anyone who might have had a bad experiance and didnt know why.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I treat my hair very nicely. I use a seamless comb, I shampoo only a few times a year, and I don't use heat or chemical treatments like perms or dye. But I still get a ton of split ends, and the last couple inches of my hair start feeling crunchy about 4 months after a haircut. I have curly hair with medium-width strands that are somewhat porous but naturally shiny. Most of the reviews here seem to be from women who bleach their hair frequently, but I was curious to see if the Aphogee protein treatment would help my "virgin" hair. Well, after using this treatment, my hair is still a little snaggly at the ends, but otherwise I have more volume and curl, and less frizz. I moved recently to a very dry climate, and my hair had become pretty flat due to the lack of humidity. But this product restored my combination of 3b/2a (spiral curls/wavy), which had previous slipped into 3a/1 (mild curls/straight. So, I'm very satisfied with this product, and I will continue to use it as needed.

As for actually using this product... First off, I just used the "step 1" protein treatment, followed by my own conditioner. There's no need to buy the whole Aphogee line. The smell isn't great, but it's quite tolerable. It just smells like somewhat rotten fruit. So, it's unpleasant, but far from disgusting. Before using the product, I washed my hair and scalp thoroughly with a clarifying shampoo, and towel-dried my hair. To apply the product, I transferred the contents of the original 16 oz bottle to a 16 oz dye applicator. The product is pretty runny, so the small tip makes application easier. Still, I think it's best to apply this treatment in the shower, for easy clean up. I divided my hair into a few sections, and worked the product into one section at a time. I used a very wide-toothed comb to make sure that my hair was saturated with the product from roots to ends. Since the dye applicator ticks off volume like a measuring cup, I could tell that I used only 2 oz on my hair, which reaches my mid back when wet. After applying the product, I looped my hair into two half-pigtails (you know, when you don't pull the hair all the way through the ponytail holder, so the hair forms a loop). While your hair shouldn't be flying all over the place as the product dries, your hair won't break off or anything if it moves a little bit. I then used a hand-held hair dryer to dry my hair. I had to use low heat to keep from burning my ears, and it took about an hour to dry. I had to keep gently moving my hair in order to dry it thoroughly. When it was dry, I simply rinsed it out and applied my usual conditioner. The treatment rinsed out easily, although the smell lingered on. Fortunately, it dissipated completely overnight. While using this product has a lot of steps, each step is pretty easy. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sexziLadii

this is love. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by euphoropia

I'm a 52 year old with thin, very fine hair. I use single process hair color and treat my hair very gently. Before I used Aphogee, my hair was literally wearing away at the ends, breaking and splitting high up. I got regular trims, air dried, used supplements to no avail. I've been using the aphogee two step program for several months now and while my hair is still thin and fine like it's always been, it's growing and looks healthy. This stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

I have found the reconstructive treatment I have been searching for for years! This is seriously some great stuff.. I have used it twice now (about once a month) and with the second use this week I REALLY noticed a difference in my hair. I have not had a haircut since august (colored it multiple times, straighten, tease it, etc) and my hair still looks phenomenal.. No split ends. It has really stopped the breakage I have midway down my strands.. I really just cant say enough good things about this. I used to use Nexxus Emergencee but i felt that didnt do much so I stopped using it a few years ago.... Aphogee does everything I wished emergencee would do! I will admit, that Aphogee smells disgusting, like rotten eggs and does look "eggish" when it comes out the tube.. its also kind of liquidy and hard to apply.. and it's FREAKY when your hair gets rock hard.. but believe me... It's such a non-issue with how well this works. Once a month is all you really should need. I think everyone with damaged hair should try it. Miraculous! Im stocking up on this and also going to try more Aphogee products!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

So maybe I haven't given this a long enough chance but I read it was supposed to work the first time you tried it. I did the steps, rinsed my hair and...nothing changed. My hair is still breaking off. It feels dryer but other than that nothing. I have some more so i"ll try it again next month. The only thing good about this so far is the smell. It doesn't stink to me at all. I read that this product is supposed to stink. Maybe they changed the formula because I love the smell. It's very light and not horrible at all.

1 WEEK UPDATE:
I rewashed my hiar today and noticed that the breakage has stopped completely in the places where I let the Aphogee dry completely hard. The top parts where I couldn't get the hairdryer to dry my hair properly was still breaking off. I guess the lesson here is that this product DOES work but you have to dry your hair completely hair ALL OVER. I'll be using it again at the next wash.

1 MONTH UPDATE
This stuff is like WOW! If you sae how badly my hair was damaged you would have thought I'd have had to cut it all off. Not so. Aphoghee has stopped the brekage completely and my hair is great. I did the treatment then deep conditioned, then washed with a moisturizing shampoo (creme of Nature - the geen bottle discontinued version) and WOW! WOW! WOW!.
I also learned recently that to get your hair to maximum growth it's a good idea to use a protein treatment to halt any breakage before it starts so this will be the one I'll be using from now on until my hair grows down my back again

4 MONTH UPDATE
It was really interesting using this product but alas, it strengthened my hair but after washing 3 or 4 times it would wear off and my hair would still be damaged underneath it all so I cut a lot of it off and am starting again. Ultimately if your hair needs this it's time to cut off the damaged parts. It's easier to do that than to keep paying out money for this product which isn't cheap at all. Also it was hell not to put on but to dry my hair once it was on with a hair dryer. No matter what I did it never got completely dry or I couldn;t get it all over my hair before parts of it would dry out and it would get stiff and unmanageable.
Interesting trying it but I wouldn;t buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by electrolier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has saved my hair on many occasions. After bleaching, coloring, heat-damaging, etc. my poor hair had become quite damaged. Hair is made of protein, and when protein is chipped away from the hair shaft (through styling and chemical processing) it is damaged. Protein treatments fill in those gaps (kinda like spackle), making your hair stronger and smoother.

The important thing to remember is to always deep condition afterward! Protein is not conditioning. Another note: if your hair is not damaged, you probably don't need to use a protein treatment, as it could make the hair brittle and coarse by adding too much protein to it. Also, it is best to do a protein treatment before you color your hair, rather than afterward; you should wait at least two weeks after coloring to do a protein treatment if necessary.

It is inconvenient to use - it's liquid, sticky, drips everywhere. But it works, so I can put up with it. Apply it all through your hair until it is completely saturated, and loosely pile it back. (I wouldn't put any clips in it, but gather in a shower cap.) When it turns rock hard (and believe me, it will) it's time to rinse it. You don't want to manipulate it, just let warm water run over your hair at first, then as it starts to soften you can rinse it through. Don't forget to deep condition afterward!

continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Aphogee Two-Step Treatment is one of those rare, very rare, products which deserves all the hype it receives for it does works, but it smells like a sewer and it literally is one of the most unpleasant smells I have had the displeasure to endure. The smell literally made me sick to my stomach and I am not easily grossed out by malodorous, rank smells but this product brought me to my knees so I could pay tribute to the porcelain goddess -- it smelled that bad. However, this product did strengthen the hair and it stop my hair from shedding after the first treatment. I would highly recommend putting this product in a spray bottle when applying it to the hair since you only get a couple of minutes to work the product in prior to your hair getting hard. Here are the directions from the bottle on how to use this product.

SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE!!!
1. Gently cleanse hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot dry.
2. Apply enough ApHogee Treatment to thoroughly saturate hair and comb blend through with wide toothed comb for even distribution.
3. Leave hair uncovered. DO NOT use with a plastic cap. (NOTE: When ApHogee Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried and in the hair).
4. Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Remove all excess dried protein. Towel dry.
5. Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp. Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
6. Proceed to next service or style as usual.

Again, this is one of those rare products that does EXACTLY what it is advertised to do and I did use it a few times but because of the smell, I personally can not use this miracle product anymore. I now use Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor which works just as well but it costs more and smells substantially better, and IMO paying more for less product is a good deal in this case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, it stinks like rotten eggs. But.......this is the BEST treatment I have ever used. I am 41 yrs old, dry, color and flat iron my hair and have for YEARS. Recently it got to the point it looked horrible. No shine, no body and looked lifeless. It was also shedding terrible when I would dry & flat iron and it was so bad it was really beginning to concern me that my hair would really thin out if I didn't do something. I stumbled across this on the reviews for hair treatments and it has TOTALLY changed my hair. My shine is back, I may lose 3 or 4 hairs now versus 40+ while drying/flat ironing prior to using Aphogee and I couldn't be happier. I have completed my 2nd treatment (8 weeks apart) and my hair is 100% healthier. I had also switched from "volumizing" shampoo/conditioner which I later read are terrible for hair because they open the hair shaft & it's more prone to breakage. Now I use Aveeno Nourish + Moisture or Root Awakenings for dry hair. Both have worked great and are not all that expensive. Follow the directions and you will be amazed. Will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by barbarella10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

from meh to yea....
I expected a miracle. Did I get one? No. But after 20-odd years of coloring my hair, this was close. At first I was like: "what's the big deal.. it's ok...".My hair didn't look or even feel different. I was disappoined. But things changed; I reconsidered. Before aphogee, my hair had started to shed big time, and frankly, I don't know if it's the supplements I started to take, or what, but the day I did the apphoge treatment, my hair stopped breaking off. Immediately. Now I'm hooked on aphogee and the supplements... whatever it takes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No