October 23, 2014 | 2201 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser (all skin types)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by oceansgurlie

I used to use this a while back a few times out of the week when I was too lazy to go through my whole proactiv regimen. Just a week ago, I stopped using proactiv and switched to this completely, thinking that I'll be able to save money this way but what a mistake! I'm now getting red bumps and pimples all over my face, even on my eyelids which is something that I never had before. I actually thought that this cleanser would be great because it's so gentle and I have a tendency to get dry and flaky near my jaw but I guess it wasn't good enough at cleaning off the other areas of my skin. Just like what most of the other people said, it did nothing in terms of taking my makeup off and I actually thought that every other facial product that I have used did a way better job than this one. I guess it's better to get a stronger cleanser that will actually clean out my pores and then pair it with a good moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 5:14:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Using eye makeup remover, I purchased this product to wash off foundation, concealer, & sunscreen. I put a little of foundation & concealer on my face, and I feel that this cleanser at least makes my face clean--but it leaves greasy residue on the face, which makes me question if this cleanser really washes off every single trace of my make-up. Its creamy texture is fine with me as I am familiar with using cold cream to take off heavy make-up (which only happens several times a year). Still this product perplexes me because the instruction says that I should "wash off" with warm water, NOT wipe off with tissue. The latter is the common method to clean the face when using thick-textured make up remover, like this product. Hmmm. The problem is no matter how many times I rinse my face off with VERY warm water, this greasy residue never goes away. I don't recommnd this product for serious make-up removing job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

My question is...what the hell is it? I bought it thinking that it's a facial cleanser but inside, there's thick white cream...So I'm supposed to use this to clean my face? It's got mineral oil in it! Also, it didn't do its job. When I was done 'washing' my face, I was left with panda eyes because this didn't take off my make up at all. My eyeliner and mascara was smudged all over the place and was really hard to remove. Never will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sharon517

It's just an "OKAY" face wash. I bought it because it was on sale, and I use St. Ives lotions occasionally and they work great. It didn't remove my maybelline xxl mascara with ease, as I thought it would. I wish it had more of a soapy lather, but it's more like a lotion-like consistency. The plus side is that it doesn't dry out my skin afterward, and leaves it very soft. Not the best face wash I've used but not bad either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Therese13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Using this cleanser made my skin feel like I had used lotion to cleanse my face. This might work for someone with dry skin. But certainly not for someone with acne-prone/oily skin, as the mineral oil will probably clog your pores.

I gave it two lippies because it DID remove my mascara well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jptyf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This takes off make-up and doesn't leave your face feeling tight, but instead smooth and soft. Great for dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I know it says Makeup Remover on the packaging, but it also says Facial Cleanser, right? I guess this was the test to prove to me that I really do have to buy a facial cleanser specifically for my skin as "for all skin types" is just a gimmick. Or maybe my skin type is just the exception? Anyway, yes this cleanser did remove my makeup, but then so would regular soap and water. Otherwise, it didn't do much for me, although I did like the feeling of the foam on my face. This cleanser is white in the package and comes out like a foam. Although I really like St. Ives and would recommend the brand to anyone, I don't think I'll be purchasing the Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Lacy007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! What can I say about this that the person below me hasn't already said? I really just wanted to rave about how wonderful this product is. I have been using it for years. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by elsieowner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. It is dirt cheap, and quite effective. I have pretty dry skin, so that might be past of why I love it. It takes off all my make up and doesn't leave my face feeling tight. It doesn't have a strong smell, either. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by anjel_kisses

horrible product! i went to cost cutters and decided to stray from my original clearasil routine since this was cheaper and decided to give it a try. just the texture of this made me cringe. it felt like applying lotion to my face instead of applying like a cleanser. also, you would think by the name that it did a superb job in makeup removing. WRONG. even clearasil does a better job removing my makeup than a product which is supposed to do the job, hence its title. on top of that, i started to break out and got 3 new pimples within 2 weeks of use. after that i immediately went back to the drugstore to get my HG cleanser, clearasil. i don't think ill ever stray from it again. the extra dollar is so worth it.