October 1, 2014 | 1878 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thank goodness i never bought this product, but i received a sample in a swap, and i didnt use that either ;) because im an avid ingredient reader, i had to make sure this didnt have some bad stuff before i used it... and guess what... it does!

That said, the

3rd ingredient: Myristyl Alcohol
4th ingredient: Isopropyl Isostearate
7th ingredient: ceteareth-20
9th ingredient: PEG 8 Stearate

is what is breaking you all out.

Shame, shame, SHAME on kiehls for putting together this awful product and marketing it for 'oily skin'.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kfulmer

I don't particularly care about how great it looks on the outside as long as it does the job. It initially made my face feel very soft, but then it made my face break out terribly. It sort of defeats the purpose of buying an oil-free when you have oily skin already.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

I was good and waited a nice long time before rushing and reviewing. Well, I'm on my second LARGE jar of this product and, for such a product wh--e as myself, that's saying something. Basically this moisturizer is the antithesis to the sexy product. Packaging is blah, it smells like nothing and doesn't feel especially good. I have spent an embarassing amount of money in the past for the highest end facial creams from Chanel, La Mer, Guerlain etc. I am a huge sucker for the siren songs of ceramides or some new-fangled seaweed derivative, or the long-lost orchids of Amazonia grown only for my slathering pleasure.... you get the picture. So the fact that this product looked and smelled completely blah, meant it REALLY had to vow me. And it did. I have oily/starting-to-wrinkle-skin (don't I paint a pretty picture?) and my products need to cater to both. This one works perfectly. I can slather it on right after I wash my face, a few minutes later it is absorbed. My makeup goes on perfectly over this. Best of all, there is no more oily forehead by 10 AM, or breakouts. In fact, my pores are looking smaller. This is definitely not for someone who needs a lot of lipid in their moisturizer or with really dry skin. However, if you break out easily and find yourself reaching for blotting paper starting mid-morning, this product is amazing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by vivalavida88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Having experimented with so many moisturizers I really hoped for a miracle from Kiehl's but this moisturiser turned out to be the worst of all and after 2 weeks it really made my skin so dry, sensitive and red. I also started to have breakouts on my cheeks (which is quite unusual). I found the packaging a bit inconvenient as well because I always had to spoon it out of the tub!

She said it would be good for my "oily texture" but my skin is totally ruined now, I've switched to another moisturiser from Sisley - Ecological Compound and it's calmed down my skin and restored some suppleness :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by hybridlola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this moisturizer from a Kiehl's rep who said it was good for combination skin. I was a bit turned off by the unappealing consistency, but it felt nice on my skin and did not contribute to oily skin throughout the day. Unfortunately after using this cream for three days I developed small red bumps all over my face. I stopped using it yesterday and my skin has cleared up already. I guess I am allergic to something in the product. It could work for someone else as it does have a nice finish throughout the day even for someone with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by nana_JustInCase

I bought Sodium PCA on January till' now, but for somehow I think I can use this product untill the next June 555.

It gives my combination skin a hydration balance but not for all season.

I have to add some more moisture when the weather get cold.

It's not that great, but It's something I must have for being my some kind of stand by-cream for emergency.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by chocsoup

This moisturiser has definitely impressed me. I have a combination skin, and currently having breakouts on my cheek area. I am in desperate need of an oil-free moisturiser and this one stays true to its name. I was a bit skeptical at first knowing that most oil-free moisturisers have not lasted through the day and this managed to keep off the "oily-face" all day long. I am very pleased with this product, and would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Pros: No scent. Leaves my skin feeling like skin, not an oil slick. Doesn't break me out.
Cons: Doesn't really do anything. Thankfully, I got this as a sample - so no rush to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer was recommended to me by a Kiehl's rep as a good product for oily skin. While I didn't experience breakouts or rashes while using this, as some other reviewers have, I found it far from ideal for my skin. This sat on my skin and balled up if I rubbed my face even a bit, so wearing it under makeup is out for me. I also found this to be a bit greasy despite the fact that it's oil free. It moisturizes decently and works fine over a serum before bed, but I have no use for it otherwise and won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Trunks

As many of the reviewers have noted, this product didn't really do much. The packaging is just a plastic tub and there is no nice smelling scent to the cream. It didn't feel nice on my skin after application and ended up irritating it. Fortunately I got a refund but won't be buying again.