September 21, 2014 | 1213 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Almond Castille Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by rebslo

Just about the best true soap you can buy. Economical. Remember to dilute, dilute and dilute. Will purchase Dr. B's again and again. I will never go back to SLS based soaps again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought a 32 oz container of this stuff more than 3 months ago ($13, Vitacost), and I just recently ran out (and it was being used by both my boyfriend and me twice a day each in the shower). Don't let the runny consistency fool you, a little goes a LONG way, and it lathers like a dream. The scent is delicious - probably the best smelling soap I've ever used. Even my boyfriend is obsessed with this stuff, and he has very sensitive skin. I'm not sure how effective this would be as a household cleaning agent, but as a body wash, I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far I've only used this to clean my makeup brushes, and it worked splendidly. The smell is pleasant. I'd buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

I so wanted to like this line because of the total lack of chemicals.
However I think it's a horrible house cleaner (and I only clean with homemade products like olive oil soap, vinegar and soda). I only use it to clean the tile floor in the kitchen. And I don't think it does a great job, too!
I also find it very drying as a handsoap, even dilluted.
I think I'm going to use it a shampoo on my boy's hair and as body shower because I always moisturize afterwards anyway

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the most versatile product ever. I went to clean my make up brushes today and ran out of my Sephoria brush cleanser, so I used my Castille instead. What a fabulous job it did cleaning my brushes. It works better than the regular cleansers or sprays. The all rinsed nicely and their shape remained the same. It's crazy that I can use this as a house cleaner or as a body wash. I love the almond sent, although it doesn't linger to long. I found that Castilles removes unwanted spray tan on those places where no one wants it.... Like your ankles and in between my fingers. It leaves my hands so soft, even after long exposure. This is a staple in my cleaning routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

I'm kind of a soap freak. I usually have an entire drawer full of soaps at any one time. I keep around seven bars in my bath, one for each day of the week. I've used soaps made from all kinds of animal milks, fruit, veg and nut oils. I've ordered soaps from other countries and paid more for shipping than for the soap, just to try something different. I've collected soaps from my various travels. I've used soaps of all colors, shapes and scents. Yes, I am a self-proclaimed soap-a-holic. My favorite soap of all time was an obscure soap made by a Mormon company in Utah called Stevens soap. It was really, really amazing and I had friends send me dozens of the bars, even after I'd moved away. They discontinued it (boo) and since then I've been in search of a new favorite soap. After all the hundreds of bar soaps I've used I think I've finally found my holy grail of soap. It's this one! I especially love sweet smelling, creamy, moisturizing soaps that have quirky packaging and this one fits the bill to a tee. I couldn't ask for more in a soap. Perfection!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this liquid soap for showering. I use it w/a bath brush & it lathers up beautifully. (I got sick of bar soaps that wouldn't lather in hard NYC water & left a sticky tight-feeling residue on my skin.)

I have used this in Citrus but the scent was a bit off to me. I like Peppermint a great deal better but don't always want to feel freezing cold after a shower (good for a cool-off in the hot summer!), so as a non-cooling alternative I purchased Almond. LOVE the smooth creamy scent. Was hard to choose between this and Lavender but Almond won out. Next time I may buy Lavender, as my mom loves the relaxing scent of lavender.

I love that these soap products are organic, pure, fair trade, very reasonably priced, readily available in healthfood stores & now even in drugstores, & most of all I never have the feeling of scummy residue on my skin after showering. These soaps leave me feeling fresh & clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Dr. Bronner's soaps. This one smells wonderful and cleans well without over-stripping my skin. Over the years, I found these soaps to be very good at controlling body breakouts and always keep a bottle in the shower and a small one for travel. Another trick I learned is to wet your hands first with a little water and then pour a bit of the soap, rub your palms together to get a creamy lather, then rub over your skin. I want to try the rose one next. This is organic and has coconut oil as a base ingredient. You can even find these at Target which is convenient for me. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Melissa19f

If you want to be squeeky clean, than this is the soap for you. I love the Almond scent and find that it is less drying than the more popular peppermint. I always swear I won't buy anymore of this soap, but it does guarantee that I feel absolutely clean. You do need to follow with lotion in the winter, but not as much in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mggimcg

ohhh Dr. Bronner. How I love thee. I use this daily on my face while I shower, and has been the only soap gentle enough for my skin. Lovely natural oils and no harmful chemicals. Wouldn't recommend as a shampoo because it has a tendency to tangle, but if you have dreads you should totally check this out! I will continue buying this, I may look into the unscented baby and lavender types as well. Hilarious retro packaging. ranges from 6-12 bucks. Awesome.