MAC Pigment in Naked

4.2

on 5/31/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

At first after reading the other reviews here, I was skeptical. Finally the ther nite, I just figured to let a SA try it on me so I could see for myself. I was wearing eye makeup with the Too Faced " the naked eye " palette. I figured it was a good time to try it. What better time to see if you could even notice the pigment and did it really add anything to the combo I was weaing. Well, it showed up beautifully, and paired with the naked eye palette it really looked good. If you are afraid of buying this, thinking it won't show up or even make a difference in the appearance of my FOTD, think again. It really gave my eye look an appearance of sophistication with a touch of glamour. Try it, I think really really be surprised on how beautiful it is, and how many ways to wear it. I never use pigments on my cheekbones or lips. On me it looks garish. Not with naked. I used it on my cheekbones and it really illuminated them instead of making it seem like I was trying to look 18 again. Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised!

on 5/21/2011 9:50:00 PM

Reading the reviews on here I decided to make the plunge. I really wish I hadn't now. I'm NC30 and on me this doesn't show. It's so boring and blah. There are other nudes that have a much better colour payoff than this. I don't even know why it is called pigment to be honest. The formula generally is really boring. You could get cheaper dupes for this easily. If you're going to do a pigment though then it should be done right - Golden Olive or something would be much more worth your hard earned cash than this. Disappointed :(.
Update: Ok, I realised I was unduly harsh. It looked boring in daylight and I still think it doesn't
show up on NC30 and the likes. However it makes an excellent cheek highlighter....though it has big glittery particles in it so if you're not into glitter this wouldn't work for you. I also think applied wet this pigment looks lovely. I've used it on top of a frosty white eyeshadow and it looked lovely. Therefore I increased my lippies and would purchase again though I doubt I'd need to x

on 4/26/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this pigment!!! I got it a couple Xmas's ago in a sample pack and used that little vial up in about a year. As soon as it was done I HAD to go out and purchase another (which I was able to buy just before they made the jars smaller) and have kept the original small vial to help with transporting it. I mix this pigment with universal mix and wear them everyday! I will continue to buy this product over and over again!

on 4/12/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

MAC hit it 0n the n0se when they made this pigment:)) I use it f0r an everyday neutral l00k. Just swipe all 0ver my lid w/ MAC`s soba in my crease & were ready to gO!!! I will definitely keep buying this pigment over&over=)

on 3/19/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Naked pigment, I actually prefer it to Vanilla as it is less frosty and more subtle. I am about NW15 for reference. It is a beigey-nude shot through with subtle gold shimmer. Very versatile, I can wear it on the lid or as a browbone or cheek highlight. I like wearing it over Brule to give a great sheen effect on the lid. I managed to get a jar of this in the larger size from my counter *just* before they changed them, and needless to say I've barely made a dent in it.

I put a small amount in a 5g jar so that it's more portable and I won't run the risk of spilling or losing the full jar, and I haven't even finished it yet! Naked is one of the few MAC pigments that is worth investing in, it would suit most skintones and it's very pretty for everyday.

I really adore Naked. It's a soft, warm, fleshy peach. (I think "fleshy" is a disturbing word, but it's a good description.) It's very soft and easy to work with. It's not shimmery, but I would say it gives a lovely healthy luster to the lid. It's got some "golden" undertones, but I don't look at it and say, "GOLD!" I say, "Hey, that's a warm goldISH hint in there." That's what I say. It's beautiful for a neutral day looks, but paired with deeper colors can be a great striking and dramatic night look. It also works great as a highlighter for the ole cheeks. It's multifunctional, so you feel like you're getting more for your money since MAC pigments are pricey. You get so much product, though! Bottom line: Love it. I always want to have this on hand.

on 2/12/2011 9:11:00 PM

I have a sample jar of this pigment, and it is very pretty. It basically has no colour (on me) but has a subtle shimmer. I think this is a nice pigment to wear, as the name suggests, when you do a 'naked' eye look with liner etc. I dont reach for it often because I am not generally a pigment person, but i do think this is very pretty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my first MAC Pigment and I really love it. The colour is a pale nude beige with micro shimmer all throughout...and a lot of it! So steer clear if you don't like shimmer. I would compare this to UD Virgin in the Naked palette, they are almost identical in color except Virgin is more frosty and Naked is more shimmery. I've been using it every day over my entire lid and inner corner. It works great with any colour and really brightens up the eye area. I love how it gives that sexy "wet" look. If you use it with other matte colours they will all end up looking shimmery, but it blends everything together very nicely to give a beautiful sheen so I like it for this reason. I took a lippie off because there is glitter fall out with this. MAC prices are very reasonable and even though they are now giving less product it's still worth it in the end because you will NEVER finish this! Overall this is a gorgeous versatile product to have in your collection.

on 2/10/2011 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this product. I got it with a holiday pigment collection and just finally got the full size, even though it'd still take me an age to get through the smaller vial. I love this as a wash of colour all over the lid, I'm an NC40 so it does show up nicely against my skin. It's nothing dramatic, but it does a wonderful job of brightening the eye area and is my go-to everyday look.

I was a bit peeved at MAC for the price increase/product size decrease, but honestly it'll take me so long to get through all this that it doesn't matter much in the end. Plus that wouldn't stop me from repurchasing this if I did run out. It's a HG product in my book!

on 2/7/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think that this is my second fave pigment (Vanilla being the first) It's really just such a beautiful wash of colour. I love using it to blend in my other eye-shadows together. It really gives you that well blended effect. I've never tried it as a highlighter but I plan on doing so soon. The only thing that angers me is how MAC downsized the pigments by 2 oz and still charges the same amount. What's up with that??

Top Rated MAC Products