November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

I'm pretty satisfied with this serum. It's easy to use, does what it claims, and it smells pretty. I use 2 pumps and smooth through my ends, comb through, and then just blow dry my hair while bending over and brushing my hair with a vent brush. The results are smooth with very little frizz, nothing that a flat iron/curling iron wouldn't take care of. It leaves my hair soft and very touchable. Doesn't weigh it down at all. I would repurchase. My hair feels "clean" and that is so important when it comes to hair serums for me. It's so irritating to put a serum on and watch your just washed hair turn to a heavy greasy mess that doesn't want to style. This will make your hair silky and keep that just washed "clean" feeling. Not every serum does that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by PenelopePaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say I was pretty hesitant when first purchasing this. I'm a L'Oreal girl personally, but the Everpure shampoo & conditioner just doesn't cut it in the spring & summer. I have used this twice a week for the last 3 weeks and my hair has never looked this good. With the shampoo and this my hair is shiny and smooth. It also has a really nice bounce to it now, I have no problems with it looking greasy, it just looks awesome. I would totally suggest this to someone else. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product makes my damaged ends look smooth, sleek, and glossy once again. I have thick curly hair, and less than one pump is all I need for gorgeous results! I highly recommend this hair product to anyone with dry ends or hair that has lost some of its shine. Garnier has me addicted to this stuff! I can actually get a comb through my thick hair because of this great hair product. This is something I could never do until I tried Sleek & Shine. Believe me, that's saying something. If you're on the fence about buying this styling serum, I suggest you give it a chance. Just make sure you don't put it on your roots, or your hair will look oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this stuff in wintertime twice a week when I need to dry my hair during the winter when it's too cold to let my hair even partially air dry. It's sleek and shiny and NOT weightless. This stuff is mostly non-water soluble silicones and oil. My hair easily can get heavy and greasy from buildup from this stuff so I follow specific rules: Use only twice a week. Any more and it builds up. Use only silicone-free shampoo and conditioners. This stuff has enough silicone already. Apply to only wet hair and blow dry. This stuff is too heavy for dry hair. When I follow those rules I'm happy with the stuff. It makes my hair shiny and manageable in dry winter air. If I use more than twice a week or use more silicone added products I get an itchy and greasy scalp and dry ends. One pump bottle has lasted me for months and I'm still nowhere near the end of it, but once it's gone I'll look for something that not so finicky in its use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by PNyako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVED this stuff for my heat trained natural hair. When I would heat style...one pump of this would leave my hair shiny, frizz free, not weighed down and beautiful....it looked even better when I waved my hair. NOW the problem with this product? It causes seborrheic dermatitis....BAD. My scalp itches so bad and flakes so much from this product that it caused me to not be able to use it unless I am dry combing before I wash my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product every time I shower. After I shower, I use one pump of this and just spread it all over my damp hair. When it dries, it really is silky and shiny. It smells amazing as well. I've already gone through 2 bottles. I will always repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Garnier's Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum says it will weighlessly make your hair shinier, sleeker, and control the frizz. It actually does do this; HOWEVER, the reason it does so it because this stuff is the greasiest product I have ever used. This might as well be vegetable oil! It will make your hair shiny (from the greasiness) and sleek (from the greasiness), and less frizzy (because it'll be so greasy that NOTHING will be frizzing. The only good thing I can say about this is that I like the look of the packaging (although even that is countered by the fact that the pump dispenses too much product). If I could give this product 0 stars I would. Two thumbs way down on this one and it's going right back to Wal-Mart!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by CamiBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could describe this in one word, it would be "meh." I mean yeah, it's cheap, but it did virtually nothing for my hair. At all.

Actually, that's not entirely true. See, there's really no control of how much product comes out of the pump, so upon my first attempt at using this, it basically flooded into my hands and left them greasy, left my hair greasy, and resulted in my hair smelling like some weird green apple. The circular shape of the bottle is cute, that is, until you try to store it next to other products and it drastically reduces the amount of space you have left for other storage.

It did add some shine to my hair, and the frizz became rather calm, though I'm not entirely sure if that's because the serum was actually working, or because my hair was so greasy there was shine resulting from that and lack of frizz because my hair was weighed down.

I will not be repurchasing, unless I find some way to control how much product is dispensed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly, for the price, you get more than you pay for! It makes my hair look shiny and healthy, as for frizz-free...it doesn't eliminate ALL frizz, but it definitely helps out. I apply this after applying heat and it makes my hair look strong, healthy, and shiny. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by unabellavida

This product is a [hair] life saver!

I've been using this product for years as I've constantly blow dried, straightened or curled and coloured my hair and my hair still looks and feels super healthy! I have thick, long, wavy hair and I usually apply a small amount before i blow dry my hair, or if I'm skipping the dryer, after straightening. It makes your hair soft, gives it a nice natural shine and it smells good too. It helps with breakage and split ends as well, as I found that in the short period of time I got lazy and stopped using it, I developed split ends a bit on my hair.

I recently coloured my hair red which seems to have dried my hair out on the ends a bit. I used some of this after straightening my hair and it felt fine, and no one could tell how my ends really were.

BOTTOM LINE: I recommend this product for everyday use. It keeps your hair healthy and looking good.

xx