Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

I have thick, short, and very frizzy hair. I bought a bottle of this based on MUA's wonderful reviews and I was severely disappointed. Before I get to the disappointing part, I'll start with what I like. The thing I liked the most about this product is the smell. It has a sweet, fruity smell that isn't too strong but still lingers for a while and I really love it. I also like the packaging. It comes in a really cute little bell-shaped pump bottle that's tinted a light green.
The plastic is thick and the top is screwed on really tight, so I don't think you'd have any problems carrying a bottle around with you. Concerning the product itself, I was very let down. I tried a few different methods of application. First, I applied it to wet hair, which had no effect at all. After that, I applied it to damp hair and then blow dried, which had a nice softening effect but did nothing for my frizz. Since I had good results with the blow dryer, I decided to put a little bit on before my heat protectant and then flat iron. No results once again. On dry hair, it give me a nice boost of shine, but didn't do much else. It didn't have any negative effects either, it just didn't really do anything. It softens a little bit, but for about the same price as a bottle of this you can get a bottle of FX Silk Drops which not only makes your hair far softer but does a better job at taming frizz. I would strongly advise against this product.

on 8/2/2013 8:28:00 PM

I really love this product because I have EXTREMELY FRIZZY HAIR. I have been using this product for over a year and have not been dissatisfied with it once. I have been being more "natural" on my hair AKA using less heat (no straightener, no blow-dryer) so my hair is just in it's natural state which is frizzy-city. If you are growing out your hair this product is perffeccct for you! It really moisturizes as well as keeps your hair looking healthy! It CAN look greasy if you overdose on it but it really will be fine if you apply slowly and build it up instead of applying pumploads at a time. I lightly press on the pump to get about half a pump or so and then apply to dry hair to sleek down my ponytale or other hairstyle. I do agree that it will be easier to look less greasy if you apply to wet hair but, if you apply it carefully and gradually to dry hair you will love it! Makes my hair last for 4-5 days without washing without look greasy or itching. (It is totally fine to not wash your hair for that long BTW, it helps restore natural oils and let's your hair "breathe") really, if you have six bucks to spare BUY this product. It is truly a miracle worker. xx (:

on 7/8/2013 2:49:00 PM

Really cheap and does the job well but does not hold all day...I had to keep reapplying every few hours! It smells great but can make hair look greasy and the oils stayed on my hands for a while after...might work for mildly frizzy hair but not on FRIZZY hair like mine...

on 6/9/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this stuff every day and it works great for keeping my hair under control. I put it in when my hair is wet, then brush it and let it air dry. When it dries my hair is soft smooth and not greasy at all. On the other hand if you put this in your hair when it is dry you have made a terrible mistake and you better wash that out of your hair and start over or you will look like you dipped your hair into a bucket of bacon grease. So I repeat, apply when your hair is wet, and you'll love it.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is alright. I put this in my hair when it is wet or damp because i want smooth waves and curls. However the bottle's directions on the back are right; you should probably blow dry it after you put it in your hair. It doesn't really make a huge noticeable difference, it just maybe makes my hair a little bit softer but doesn't really fight frizz. I use my John frieda leave in conditioning spray with it and I honestly think that does a better job of controlling frizz. But it's not greasy if you know how much to put in, and it doesn't make your hair greasy. It smells soooo good though!

on 6/3/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate this crap! It made my hair greasy, then sticky, then dry and kind of dry and yucky. It had a nice smell, but overall terrible product! Towards the end, I used it for a foot moisturizer... Lol. I truly dislike all garnier products. They need to start over.

on 6/3/2013 2:25:00 AM

I'm pretty satisfied with this serum. It's easy to use, does what it claims, and it smells pretty. I use 2 pumps and smooth through my ends, comb through, and then just blow dry my hair while bending over and brushing my hair with a vent brush. The results are smooth with very little frizz, nothing that a flat iron/curling iron wouldn't take care of. It leaves my hair soft and very touchable. Doesn't weigh it down at all. I would repurchase. My hair feels "clean" and that is so important when it comes to hair serums for me. It's so irritating to put a serum on and watch your just washed hair turn to a heavy greasy mess that doesn't want to style. This will make your hair silky and keep that just washed "clean" feeling. Not every serum does that.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say I was pretty hesitant when first purchasing this. I'm a L'Oreal girl personally, but the Everpure shampoo & conditioner just doesn't cut it in the spring & summer. I have used this twice a week for the last 3 weeks and my hair has never looked this good. With the shampoo and this my hair is shiny and smooth. It also has a really nice bounce to it now, I have no problems with it looking greasy, it just looks awesome. I would totally suggest this to someone else. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product makes my damaged ends look smooth, sleek, and glossy once again. I have thick curly hair, and less than one pump is all I need for gorgeous results! I highly recommend this hair product to anyone with dry ends or hair that has lost some of its shine. Garnier has me addicted to this stuff! I can actually get a comb through my thick hair because of this great hair product. This is something I could never do until I tried Sleek & Shine. Believe me, that's saying something. If you're on the fence about buying this styling serum, I suggest you give it a chance. Just make sure you don't put it on your roots, or your hair will look oily.

on 3/1/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use this stuff in wintertime twice a week when I need to dry my hair during the winter when it's too cold to let my hair even partially air dry. It's sleek and shiny and NOT weightless. This stuff is mostly non-water soluble silicones and oil. My hair easily can get heavy and greasy from buildup from this stuff so I follow specific rules: Use only twice a week. Any more and it builds up. Use only silicone-free shampoo and conditioners. This stuff has enough silicone already. Apply to only wet hair and blow dry. This stuff is too heavy for dry hair. When I follow those rules I'm happy with the stuff. It makes my hair shiny and manageable in dry winter air. If I use more than twice a week or use more silicone added products I get an itchy and greasy scalp and dry ends. One pump bottle has lasted me for months and I'm still nowhere near the end of it, but once it's gone I'll look for something that not so finicky in its use.

Video Reviews & Tutorials