September 1, 2014 | 1946 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Alpha Beta Hydroxy Deep Pore Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i really love this! very gentle, left my skin smooth and glowy...bought @ sallys during their 2 for $10 sale! love cheap thrills :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tracy0021

I bought this after reading some of the reviews on this site because my regular scrub was discontinued. I had been using the Loreal Microdermabrasion twice a day for a couple years and was really nervous about trying a new product because my skin is so sensitive to just about everything. I've been using this for 2 weeks now and just had to write a review and thank all of you who convinced me to try it. I use it twice a day and the first couple of days my skin started peeling in places so I could tell the chemicals in the scrub were working. My skin is softer now and smoother than ever and I actually like this better than the Loreal I had been using all those years. I wish I would have tried this sooner, it would have saved me alot of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by FOiLED

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

edit 3/25/09: I retract my former statement about the ABH line breaking me out. I've been using this in conjunction with a 10% BP wash, and my skin is doing 98% better! As for the scrub, fabulous for exfoliating, and gentle enough to use every other day if you wanted. Ingredients that are only good for your skin as well. A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a really great AHA-BHA exfoliating treatment. Maybe the natural, slightly medicinal licorice smell of this is a love or hate thing, but I actually really love it. The granules are pretty good, but they are quite uneven, so it's a bit rough, but it removes any dead skin.

One thing to remember with this is that it isn't a cleanser, you're supposed to use it after your cleanser. I think this performs as well or better than the Olay Thermal Skin Polisher, which I used to use, and it is cheaper. There is one competing product that I think I like more than this, but it costs about twice as much per ounce. It's called Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser by Dermadoctor. I think that product does a better job of reducing inflammation and soothing the skin afterwards. But this is a great lower-cost option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beyond Belief's ABH [Alpha Beta Hydroxy] Pore Refining Exfoliating Scrub is a really nice product and one of my favorites that's available at Sally Beauty Supply. While it's not as gentle as Queen Helene's Mint Julep Natural Face Scrub (also available at Sally's), it's definitely a really good scrub for skin that isn't incredibly sensitive. The scrub is white with plenty of small white beads in it. I like the creamy, faintly black licorice scent. I like the feel of the beads even more, because they don't feel like they tear the skin when I massage my face with my fingers after applying the scrub. They do feel like they're effectively exfoliating my face manually, while the alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) in the scrub works more chemically. (Unless you're leaving this scrub on for a while, I'm not sure that you're getting all that much benefit from the AHAs.) If you're sensitive to AHAs, or need only the most gentle scrub on the market, I wouldn't recommend this product. However, if you find yourself at Sally Beauty and want a daily exfoliator for your not very sensitive skin, this is a nice product to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dee000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was hoping to find a more gentle alternative to my benzoyl peroxide regimen for my acne so I tried this along with the serum. I hate black licorice so the smell was awful, but it was tolerable. I loved the texture of the microbeads. I used it everyday for over a week, but I started getting quite a bit of acne so I had to start back on my bp. I was really hoping this would work, but it's not strong enough for my acne. I'm still undecided about the serum. I got a lot more black heads on my nose using these two products than with bp. I might keep it around as a once a week scrub or something because I liked the texture so much, but I can't use this by itself or else I start breaking out. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this specifically for trying to treat back acne though I did try it on my face. Using it on my face was a no go...the BHAs dont agree with my skin, but it does seem to be helping with the back acne. Im just not sure how much. Im still getting it, just not as bad as before. Im torn about buying another tube, as I would really like a product that actually works well...not just so so. I do like the smell, price and ease of use in the shower. I will probably hunt around for something that may work better though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. It has the perfect amount of graininess that I desire in a cream base. My skin feels and looks good after using it without much irritation. There is no residue left after washing my face. I wish it came in a bigger tube, but it is affordable and you can get it at Sallys. I use this once a week, since I have oily, but sensitive skin, and I have to avoid overexfoliating. I really recommend you give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by christinamariewright

this is a double review for the Beyond Belief ABH scrub and serum.
i'm am absolutely amazed and thrilled by this line of products. i picked up both of these products along w/ the mask and nose peel on sunday. today is tuesday and i can honestly say that my skin has done a complete 180 -- it has transformed!! i picked this stuff up after reading all the reviews, and i was somewhat hesitant. but for the price i figured 'wth'. i'm so so so glad i did. for reference, i have slightly oily skin, with some dryness. mostly my big gripe is large pores and unevenness. well, no more griping from me! after the first use of the scrub i noticed a dramatic difference in pore size and it just continues to get better. i use the scrub and serum at night only though i think it can easily be used twice a day. the scrub is the perfect consistancy as all the reviewers have already said. not too harsh; not too wimpy -- just right. the serum feels pretty watery but sinks into the skin very quickly and doesn't leave any film or residue behind which i really like. already my skin actually looks 'glowy'...it's the only way i can describe it. it looks/feels more youthful, supple, clean. i'm just amazed. i've already recommended this line to my mother and she requested i get it for her as part of her mothers day gift. we have very similar skin so i know she'll be thrilled as well. the only products in the line that i haven't tried yet are the cleanser and the moisturizer as i already have a ton of these in my bathroom that i feel guilty in not using up. but, with how remarkable the results of this have been with me, i may just have to do an overhaul on the bathroom supplies. i honestly don't think i'll be using anything else anymore. HG status for sure!! thanks MUA for turning me onto another wondeful product line!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is oily, but breaks out easily with anything but the gentlest treatment. Most scrubs are way too harsh for me, Sage Extra Gentle Grains being the one exception I have found (my HG really). I saw this on sale and thought I'd try it, since I'm running low on the Sage. The grains are very fine in a non-greasy creamy base, and as long as I use it with a gentle touch my skin is happy. It doesn't irritate or make my eyes burn, either. I was a little taken aback by the black licorice scent, it's an odd choice for a skin care product IMO, but it's subtle and doesn't linger. Not sure if I will repurchase, but I won't be tossing it either.