The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's good for removing everyday light eye makeup, but doesn't work too well for heavy makeup. U have to use it at least 3-4 times per eye to get off all the makeup. But if it's just the eye-liner and kajal, that it removes effortlessly. U have to work a bit hard to get off the eye shadows though. It's ok for me coz I dont use eye shadows too often so I'm fine with it.
Great packaging btw, (i,ve the smaller bottle), only a reasonable amount comes out, so it's easy to use.

I am so glad I just got this product as a sample. It burned the all living crap out of my eyes. Mind you, I have sensitive eyes, but this product was just harsh. It burned my eyes, the skin around my eyes and it was a burning that did not go away for quite some time. The packaging is also meh. Too much product would come out, so product control wasn't really that good, but the bottle didn't give me problems with leaks so that's a plus. It also took some scrubbing to get my makeup off, and I don't even use waterproof mascara/eyeliner. I really disliked this product, and would not recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin/eyes.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This did not irritate my eye area. Removed eye shadow and liner easily but did not remove my mascara at all. Contains parabens. Similar to the Simple brand eye makeup remover.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I loved this in the beginning, but now I don't care for it and will not repurchase it. It stings my eyes, and really does not remove eye makeup as well as the up brand does.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a water-based makeup remover so its consistency is like water. I personally prefer water-based makeup removers since I can just wipe rather than having to rinse it all of especially on nights where I'm tired and/or lazy. I haven't experienced any stinging or irritation in my eyes when removing makeup using this despite the many reviews I've seen. I first got the trial size for $2 before buying the full size one at $7.5 during the 50% off sale. It has a chemical-y scent to it that I'm not a big fan of though. I just read the ingredient list and there's a few parabens on it... so I guess its time to look for a new water-based makeup remover.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Seriously don't even consider this product! It burns and stings like CRAZY! Initially I thought it was just me cuz of my sensitive skin but no! My friends borrowed it and it stung their eyes and faces as well! NEVER repurchasing, NEVER recommending it to anyone ever and I have so much product left in the huge bottle.. Disappointing!

This burns and stings when I use it on my eyes, not even that great at removing all my makeup as well. I have found a use for it though, since its not oil based like most makeup removers, if you put a bit on a q-tip you can use to remove eye makeup mistakes/mascara smudges when you are doing your makeup. So I guess its not entirely useless but come on bodyshop there is nooo way this should be referred to as gentle..

Pros:

- Very gentle for sensitive skin. I have been using this makeup remover for years, and although it's supposed to be for only eye makeup, I use it for my entire face. It does great it removing everything off my face, and this means the full works (primer, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick and liner etc). It has never broken me out, and my skin is ridiculously sensitive.

- Non-oily remover, which means that my skin doesn't feel greasy or overly taut after that.

- Very reasonably priced. $18 for a bottle that will last me about 4-6 months depending on usage.

- No animal testing! While I do not strictly only buy products that do not animal test, this is a plus

Now on the the negatives...

- It's not the best makeup remover around. I could probably find better ones on the market, but as I said, they would probably break me out. It DOES NOT work for waterproof mascaras in one swipe (but granted, my mascaras are very stubborn), and it takes a while and a bit of patience to wait for the mascara to be removed.

All in all I think it's a fair trade-off though because I don't want pimples no thanks.

Crap. It doesn't remove makeup without having to rub alot. I might as well have used water. The bottle sucks, the cap broke after some use. I went again to the body shop and tried it in front of a sales associate and her excuse was because I didn't "let it soak". Really?

Since it listed chamomile as an ingredient and was by a brand I trusted I thought the product would be fine. I am taking it back today, my eyes have never stung so bad. It stung a bit while I was using it though it took everything off -however I woke up with burned, red eyes. I do not recommend this product to anyone!