March 2, 2015 | 1153 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG status! I got a small bottle of this as a gift and am so glad I did! I love this as a body wash and possibly even more as a shampoo! But first off, the smell! I LOVE it. Obviously if you have a hate-on for jasmine/honey you won't, but I find it so sexy and irresistible! The smell doesn't really linger on your skin, which for me is a bit of a shame, but it does stay in your shower to greet you in the morning! Also, this is one of those rare, *truly* unisex smells that would be sexy on a woman or a man. My boyfriend actually really likes it, and it reminds him of the bath beads his mom used to have when he was younger (come to think of that, it reminds ME of that too!).
As a body wash, I find it cleanses very well and is also one of the more hydrating washes I've ever used. My skin feels much softer and smoother than it did with the Softsoap I was using before, even after only one use. And it hasn't broken me out.
Now, as a shampoo: The bottle says you can wash your hair with this and I was hesitant, but I tried it a couple times and am LOVING the results. It is going to feel weird washing your hair with this, it doesn't really lather like other shampoos would. Just rub it into your scalp, comb through your hair with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb, trust that it's doing its thing, repeat if you want, and follow with a lightweight conditioner. Recently, I have been using a really cheap, crap conditioner and my hair was feeling pretty dry, but after one wash with this and the crap conditioner (and even moreso with two), my bleached, shoulder-length hair is shiny and incredibly soft! I can't stop touching it! Plus, the smell lingers a bit better in my hair, even when dry, which is a bonus. Actually, I don't think I'll be able to use this as a shampoo every day because it's so hydrating it may weigh my hair down- but it is a great product to alternate with something more clarifying (and DON'T follow with a heavy conditioner!).
Other pros: Ethical (eco-friendly, sustainable, not tested on animals), natural (if you're into that), easy, hygienic packaging.
Lastly, the cons:
-Pricey. I didn't buy this bottle, but it's almost $30 for the full-size bottle. If it wasn't so good on both hair and body I don't think I would think it was worth it, but since it does double duty, I'd be willing to fork out the cash.
-Doesn't really lather well- The LUSH website says a little goes a long way, but I have to disagree. I don't have to use TONS, but even as a body wash on a loofah I usually have to add more than what I started with. That said, I am due for a new loofah, so maybe that would make a difference.
-Smell doesn't linger on body. (Maybe this is a pro for you?)
-Can't use on hair everyday, but that's not much of a problem.
Overall, this is an amazing product! I have some other shower gels laying around to use up, but after that, I am DEFINITELY going to buy the full size, probably again and again!
UPDATE 10.31.12- This lathers WAY better in my hair if I rinse and repeat! NO idea why, but it does, I get WAY more bubbles the second time, moreso than with other shampoos. So, I recommend to just use a little bit the first time, to avoid wasting, then rinse/repeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Naughtymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff smells heavenly! It has such a rich, expensive
smell. I had an Elemis bath and shower gel that was hideously expensive and smelt like a diluted version of this. I apply it right before I get out of the shower and rub it onto my body for 2 minutes and then rinse. The smell is very strong but very luxurious. My boyfriend also uses it - it's a great unisex wash. Smells like something Tom
Ford would bring out but charge 4 times the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a small bottles of this to trial and although I am not raving over it I must say it is really quite good. Firstly the fragrance is strong and like honey and jasmine which I like. The formulation is quite runny and easily lathers, I also used it on my hair and it washed it fine. I would probably only buy a small size for holidays/ travelling and would not use this all the time as there are many cheaper gels which do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this as a sample size, and the first time I smelled it I was unsure as to whether I liked it or not. It smells really sweet, kind of like honey, but it's a really strange, complex scent. Anyway, I decided I liked it a lot. I probably will buy it eventually, if I ever see it, no idea as to how much it costs, but it was a very sexy, unique scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shower gel is really nice. Cleans well and not drying, does not leave a residue after like some of the lower end moisturizing shower foam. My skin feels nice after.

The scent however i don't quite like. It smells strongly of Jasmine, not a big fan. But the scent does not last... and that's good.

Go for it if you like Jasmine scented stuff, it is a really good shower gel.

* Update - after a week for so my skin started reacting to this and getting itchy, maybe its the fragrance. I have very sensitive skin when it comes to shower gels and strangely enough, soaps usually don't cause a reaction (except karma, again maybe its the fragrance. Been using rockstar for ages and its fine).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont think there is anything wrong with the texture of this but I dont like the smell even though I love other jasmine scented things. Maybe it is the sweetness of it that puts me off. I dont find it elegant enough. I particularly bought this asking for Jasmine, and thats fine, this just is not my cup of tea. I love my Bamford Jasmine soap though. The other thing with this is that when I go swimming and I use this after, the smell of pool water and this combined smells like poo. Yes, it has the same smell of ass which made me to hate Alexander Mac Queen Kingdom fragrance, which my boyfriend loved and he could not detect any ass smell at all. But I cant use it, even how aphrodisiac it is supposed to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The scent has been described my most reviewers as a jasmine and honey scent. I completely agree. That's what I smell. It's a very warm, sexy scent imo. I think this would be great for a woman or a man. My husband loves the smell and I like the way it smells on him. I tend to go for clean, fresh scents but I do enjoy this. It leaves the skin soft, the scent doesn't linger to long but overall it's nice. I think the price is ridiculous, $27 for 16oz is kind of steep but I love Lush and I had to have it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample to try as I'm a Lush newbie. I am more into fruity scents so I wasn't that amazed by how it smelt, the smell doesn't linger after you get out of the shower which is disappointing as I like it when shower gel scents stay with you.
Overall I wasn't blown away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such a GREAT scent. Amazing, just amazing.
Heavy, sweet jasmine and very intense honey. There is this hint of sigaret ashes as well. Not the kind that has been sitting in the ashtray for days, but fresh ashes, just ticked off the sigaret. I don't like sigarets and I don't smoke. But I do seem to like the smell of that fresh ashes.
Fortunately, the scent of ashes doesn't linger on my skin (it would be rather weird to smell like ashes an entire day).
The jasmine and honey do linger on my skin, and what a beautiful trail of scent I leave, especially when I have used Godiva shampoo as well.
My boyfriend loves Flying Fox as well, wich is great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by unicornlover

I am on my 4th bottle. I want to know where y'all are finding Moth Balls that smell this good, cause I want to buy some! LOL.

I guess this scent just isn't for everyone...for me, it is like Hawaii meets an orchid. Have you ever had fresh flowers open up next to your bed? That's how this smells. Oh, and men love it. They think it smells super sexy on your skin.