November 28, 2014 | 875 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in a black shade (dont remember the exact name) a few years ago, and I was not impressed. I used it up and decided I would not bother purchasing again. It smudged and crept downward and I have plenty of other eyeliners that do that for me. Then, I went to the Clinique counter a few months ago wanting to try a Lid Smoothie and in the process of doing a simple eye look for me with that product, the (very professional, knowledgeable & skilled) SA used a purple Quickliner. I explained that I had very oily eye lids and that eyeliners smudge on me. She explained how I need to use a lighter hand with it and even applied it under my eyes which I avoid because that just gives the "racoon eyes" effect a headstart! I liked the purple a lot and figured I would use the Quickliner on a limited basis because I am no make up professional, so of course when I apply it at home it will smudge and look awful. I walked around all day with my eye makeup applied by a professional and it did not smudge and made my brown eyes look really pretty and my whole look was more "pulled together." I was very surprised that there was not even the slightest smudge or creeping down of the eyeliner when I looked in the mirror as I was preparing to remove all my makeup before bed. The old formula I used to have DID NOT wear like this! I have had no problem making this liner look as nice as when the SA applied it. It is so easy to use and lasts all day on my oily eyelids. It applies fairly smoothly and has got me believing I can wear eyeliners! I even wear it when I go running in 90 F weather and this stuff stays put!! I bought another in a black shade and I absolutely love it. I have had no success with Urban Decay, Smashbox, anything with 'kohl' in the name & Buxom. They all give me the crazy halo of black that settles into the fine lines under my eyes and smudges onto the side of my eyes to drag my eyes downward. Thank goodness I gave Quickliners a second chance. The pencil lasts a long time and has a handy little smudge tip for creating a diffused look. I use this on just my lid not my waterline. I always apply TF Shadow insurance, and sometimes use MAC rubenesque paint pot for extra crisp definition of this eyeliner.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

Always one of my faves. It doesn't bleed, the wear is decent and never needs sharpened. It applies very well, doesn't get dry and drag against my lid. On the flip side it is not so creamy that I can't control exact placement. For me, it is an excellent formula, the perfect consistency. I would not try a super thick line with it - this liner is more about subtlety. The color payoff is good, which is why I have several. I wish there were more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got into makeup, I gravitated towards liquid eyeliners. But a couple of years later, I learned to appreciate the natural, minimalistic and fresh Parisian kind of look, and started to delve into traditional pencil eyeliners. I tried a few drugstore ones, and could not find a perfect one - the formula all tended to be quite dry and really tugged on my gentle eyelids. I decided to look into better quality high end lines, and looked into Clinique, as they tend to be on the more affordable end of high end makeup. Roast coffee, a natural medium brown, caught my eye. I was impressed to say the least. It is creamy smooth, opaque in color, easy to maneuver, does not smudge, and you can make it as natural as you like. I was sold - and this is HG status for me to this date.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Ashlaylay

This eyeliner lasted me about 6 months, and that's with me using it almost every day! It glides on super easily and has great color. Doesn't smudge or smear. My favorite color of it is black(:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

This is the best eyeliner i have ever tried! I have this in the color grape. It's retractable which i like alot because you never have to sharpen it but what i don't like is that after you bring the product up, you can't bring it back down. Other then that it's a great product. This is the first eyeliner that I've ever used that actually stayed in it's place ALL day long. Not once did i have to retouch or wipe away eyeliner that is smudging under my eyes. I will definitly buy this in other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by blinkyuk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used some eyeliners in my time and this is by far the best i've come across. I'm not a product snob at all and have tried all different brands over the years. I've just recently finished using MAC's kohl eyeliner 11.00 which I personally thought was one of the worst eyeliners I've ever used! So it just shows money doesn't always buy quality but I can highly recommend Clinique. Mainly because of ease of use (retractable), its staying power is second to none and the colours are a great range and quality. I also like the smudging brush on the opposite end if you wanted to quickly change to a smokey eye. Try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rileyceleste

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this product based on mostly good reviews. I bought the slate color. I like the color but the product does not go on easily. I have to stretch my eyelid and press hard. It really tugs on your eyelids. I have tried smoothing it on my hand before applying which makes no difference.
I would not recommend this for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by facegal

HG. HG. HG.
I have been using this liner for years and can't find anything that beats it. Every once in a while, I venture out there and try other eyeliners, but nothing is ever as good as this.
It applies easily....no pulling or tugging. It stays put all day until I remove it (I do use Urban Decay Primer Potion on my lids). It is self-sharpening. It has a smudger tip for when you want a softer line. And the colors are beautiful. I think I've tried most colors...my favorites are Slate, Smoky Brown (I use under lower lashes because it's a bit lighter), and New Black.
The only negatives I would say are that the clear cap sometimes cracks, and that some of the colors have different textures than others. I had a hard time applying the Navy...it sort of skipped and clumped a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by GiselaMiller

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have used this eyeliner for years ... highly recommend it. It's easy to apply and stays on all day. Can be worn for day time look or add a little bit extra for more dramatic look to go out at night. The product and ingredients are not tested on animals. I use mine every day - can't remember when I purchased it ... it lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ari496

everyone loves mac eyeliner, and personally, i dont. mac is way too hyped up. i really like this eye liners beacuse theyre so creamy, and they dont flake or fade. they dont require any tugging on the eye because they glide on so easily. they come with a smudging thing which is convinient. so far, dark chocolate is the only shade i have, but i will def be going back for more.