The Body Shop Grape seed glossing serum

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethiconol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Skin Conditioner), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient

Hm... So I read in magazine saying that friction from tossing n turning in bed may cause your hair to become weak n break.

Back to topic, I bought this serum cuz it smelt like grape candy, I use it on blow dried hair before bed and the next morning my hair is easy to brush. When I apply this in the morning, it smoothens out any knots and looks shiny. Ok, I doubt hany hair product can make ur hair look as good as a model in a hair commercial, they have lighting n Photoshop for that ;) So, when knots are smoothened, your hair defiantly looks more shiny no? There is one con though, it is kinda hard to wash off, but other than that, a very good product.

on 9/2/2012 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I finally bought it! It retails for 14$ in Canada and I find it is decent price for such a great product. It beats most of the high end serums I've tried before. The smell is very nice it makes me want to reapply this every time I go into my bathroom. However, what is most important - I love how it makes my long hair look so soft, healthy and shiny and it also defines my layers. I'm so happy with this product. Definitely will be repurchasing and recommend to my friends!

on 5/29/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My hair is fine and curly. If I don't use the right product it turns into a hot frizzy mess. This transforms frizzy into soft, pretty beach waves. It doesn't leave my hair greasy, and smells quite good. Packaging is functional and it isn't too expensive. Will definitely repurchase :)

on 5/25/2012 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

How much do I like this product? The answer is, a lot.

This wasn't my first impression though. The previous serum that I was using for my hair required me to use 3-4 pumps to get my hair coated. Being used to it, I took the same amount of this. BAD IDEA! My hair looked oily like it hadn't been washed in ages. I hated this right then.

Then, the second time I washed my hair, I was looking at it and thinking whether I should use it or not. I did, just that I used less than I did before. My hair was never this soft and glossy before! I daresay I'll never so much as glance at my old gloss again

on 5/20/2012 4:22:00 AM

This is the only serum I've ever used.. And I'm sure I won't be using any other since this stuff is everything my hair would ever ask for! Just 2 little pumps on damp hair and that's it - gorgeously silky and well behaved hair in a jiffy! Plus it smells absolutely divine and one bottle lasts for a decent time making it a reasonably priced product. Seriously, what else can you ask for?

on 5/11/2012 8:54:00 PM

I have tried a lot of hair serums...but this is amazing. I like it more than all the higher end stuff I've tried. I almost didn't buy it because I tried it on my hand and it felt really greasy but the reviews here made me go back and try it...It left my hair sooo soft but not in the too soft that you can't do anything with it way, the nice, no frizz, thick shiny soft way. It is a day later and my hair isn't a knotty mess like it normally is. <3333

on 4/16/2012 8:07:00 PM

I needed something to add shine to my dry hair without just coating it in stiff goo. This I bought at a shop in an airport as a test product. The packaging says "Helps prevent moisture loss and split ends" which sounded useful for my color-treated and dry hair. Now that I use the Conditioner Only method for washing my hair, my ends are the only bit that can dry out.

The feel of the product is a slippery gel with only a hint of stickiness. The telltale silicone slip and the slight waxiness of the oils work well to coat the hair. When it's in the hair, it soaks in and creates a slippery shaft that is shiny without being cartoony like some sprays I've tried. I use this after almost every shower, with or without conditioner depending on the environment, and I really like it. It's not a LOVE product as I can use a deep conditioner on the ends for the same or similar results without the amount of silicones.

on 4/16/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is a must buy!! I have long, dry, easily tangled, highlighted hair and use leave in treatments and serums on a daily basis; this is one of the best! I use 3-4 pumps and rub it between my hands and on the bottom 3/4 of my hair. I have applied this wet and dry and think applying it wet works better and then blow dry. Either way this serum increases shininess, smoothness, and doesn't make your hair feel like it has product on it. This product makes my hair more manageable and soft; it smells amazing too! Its $12 a bottle, but will last a very long time, and the body shop runs specials frequently so snag this next time you see one!

on 12/28/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is an excellent serum for frizzy hair. It smoothes quite easily and smells heavenly, but the complaints I have with it are that the bottle is much too small and the product doesn't spread very easily. However, this is fairly good to transform frizzy hair into wavy hair.

on 12/20/2011 5:18:00 AM

Like this, makes my hair glossy and smooth.

Popular Hair Products