Too Faced Lip Injection

3.1

Mineral Oil, Polyisobutene, Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer, (and) Butylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Benzyl Nicotinate, Capsicum Fruitescens Extract, Flavor. (+/-): Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) Net Weight: 4.5 g/ 0.16 Oz Country of Origin: USA Lip Injection Techno Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Mica, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Benzyl Nicotinate, Capsicum Frutescens Extract, Flavor( Aroma). (+/-): Red 6 lake (CI 15850:2), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. The packaging is great, because unlike other glosses it doesn't smear the content on the outside of the tube, and the color is tinted with a subtle pink color. I don't think I would have bought this for full price seeing as lip plumpers feel a bit... gimmicky to me. But I saw this on sale for like half the price and thought "aw, what the hell."

When I first applied it on my lips I noticed that it had a nice feel to it. Not sticky like all the other glosses out there, but you definitely notice it, the smell was pleasant too. But then it became tingly, and then it became uncomfortable, and then it became... well, it burned a bit. I had it on for like 5 minutes, and removed it after that. Smart move, woman, because I could see that my lips had had enough. They were red and felt somewhat sensitive. But the effect? Well, something definitely happened. My already pigmented lips looked enviable snow white red against my pale skin, and the contour around my lips looked more defined. I already have semi full lips, not tin, but not all plump and sensual either, and this stuff clearly made them stand out more. I don't think it plumped my lips like it should have, but it made a difference, so I'll give the product a good 3 just because it did something with my lips.

PSST: Did you know that the lip gloss's plumping properties is thanks to the cinnamon extract...? So you can actually make your own lip plumper by using things like cinnamon extract, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, wintergreen and peppermint oil mixed with an old lip gloss. These ingredients will increase your blood flow and work as a semi irritant that makes the lips swell. Just don't swallow it or something, like lip injection it burns like a b*tch once it hits your throat. Mix and match your favorite concoction until you have found something that works, and transfer the recipe to a lip gloss of higher quality if you'd like. Just remember to be carefull about essential oils, that's some concentrated stuff.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought two of these lip plumpers in a sale for 25p each. I had read great reviews about them and was very excited when I found them for 25p when they usually retail between 13-14.50. I have found that on application it smells fantastic, glides on very easily and gives a fantastic colour. After a minute it starts to tingle which I love personally, then it turns your lips red and plumped. Sometimes too red but the instructions state that you should remove it after 5 mins and put something else on. I tried to layer the product but it didn't do anything extra. I only have one complaint and that is you have to be careful when applying make sure its in the right place. Otherwise you could end up with wonky lips!! Other than that for the price I paid I was not expecting miracles yet it works reasonably well. I would recommend this product and I would buy it again however not at the original retail price.

on 7/9/2012 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This just didn't work for me - granted I have very thin lips, so I was being overly optimistic. It does sting, and then about 10 minutes later the whole area outside of my lips was red - like I'd been sucking on a raspberry lollipop. Not quite the look I was going for, and I don't have sensitive skin.
It was also $50 from Kit Cosmetics in Australia - expensive mistake.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my very first produict from Too-Faced, I baught in Sephora. It does have a powerfull tingle for about 15 minutes after I apply. I have the large one in a light pink colour, the extreme one and even techno pink.. It's worth it I spent major bucks on it. I'm so used to Urban Decay and Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals), but I decided to give this lipgloss a try. It does an great job at plumping an dit works. It is a high shine gloss that lats for many hours on end, I was surprised. The smell, scent, taste, and staying power are excellent and phenomenal. It takes several hours to see the results. The lipgloss has a high shine wwitha mirror finish. Lip injection does what it promises. There are many time I put this over lipstick. This is my favorite plumper, the longest lasting, I got my moneys worth, and i think this is one o fthe best plumpers if not the best.....

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Eh. Bought this on a whim on a recent vacation and returned it the day I got home. Read some of the reviews on it and the SA at Sephora recommended it over the DuWop, so I figured it was worth a shot. Unfortunate waste of $19. The cinnamon smell and tingle was nice, but it did absolutely nothing to plump my lips, it just made them red (which is terrible in and of itself because red lips are awful on me). I tested it out for the three days I was on vacation and I could just never get over the gluey texture...the formula just made me feel almost dirty because it's so thick and sticky. Just overall not a fan at all.

on 9/30/2011 10:19:00 PM

I have thin lips and this gave a burning feeling in a gloss format. You could rub some hot sauce on your lips and put some gloss over it and achieve the same effect.

on 9/29/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

it does what it says it will do. but i dont find it great for all day application considering the SERIOUS sensation it generates when applyed. i think this makes a good "lip mask" before apply color and gloss. it plumps by aggitation and it does work, but its sticky and best if worn for 10 mins while apply other makeups, then tissued off just before lip color application, follow with a different gloss.

on 9/6/2011 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Slight tingling which I don't mind, makes me feel like the product is working. It really plumps after a minute of application, my lips get flushed pink, and is good out of the door for a casual day. May not purchase again due to small size for the price. Would love to try other brands.

on 8/7/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a product that you have to try to see if it works for you. I reccomend trying it on the store then buy it if it works. I love it! It tingles my lips but its not an "ow!" tingle its a good tingle! My bottom lip look so good as well as my top! It brings out the natural color in your lips but it doesn't look "fake" it is a natural plump. xox ~A

on 8/3/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For me, this worked.
It plumped in minutes. It did make my lips go quick red and was tingling for a small time but totally worth it. Hasn't dried my lips or damaged them. I recommend this.

Popular Lip Treatments