April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Treatments - Nail Magic

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ekluker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.
IF I COULD GIVE IT A 0 AS A RATING, THAT IS WHAT IT WOULD GET.
I began using this product hoping to achieve the long nails I had right after I removed my acrylics, because my nails have been very thin as of late. They would not grow, broke very easily, etc. I put this on the first night, and it BURNED. My nail beds actually burned, not a tingly feeling, a BURNING feeling. It was very unpleasant, but bearable. I left it on though, and after about forty-five minutes it subsided. The stuff actually chipped THAT NIGHT and looked horrible, mainly because it's a very light pink color, so it was obvious it had chipped, and it really just made it look like I had some sort of nail disease. But other than that, it was fine after the burning.
A couple of days later I decide to take it off and repaint it, since the box says to apply two times a week, I decided that this would be my second time. BIG MISTAKE. I removed it and put another coat on. The burning happened again, only this time it became unbearable. I had to remove it. When I did, my nails were STILL burning. They were weak, thin, and there had been no improvement, but how could there be if the stuff was too painful to even leave on??
It's been about five days since the first time I applied Nail Magic to my nails. It has been off since last night. My nail beds are RED. The end of one of my nails is way way way too far down past the skin. It doesn't look like a nail, it looks like skin. It hurts to touch things/ apply pressure to things with my fingers. My nails are continuing to break. I'm really worried about the red nail beds, though. I don't know what to do about any of this, and am going to see my manicurist tomorrow to see if he knows what it is/ how to remedy it/ if I should go see a doctor.
PLEASE, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can honestly say that this is the only product that has every worked for my nails; it is also one of VERY few products that I will continue to repurchase.

This product is amazing. My nails are really weak; they always chip, peel, break off - especially if I use nail polish. I have not had long nails in years since I always have to cut them almost as short as possible without experiencing discomfort.
I have tried probably a dozen of products (mostly Sally Hansen hardeners) but none worked at all. I saw good reviews for this so I decided to give it a try mostly because of the color. Soooo glad that I bought it because this really works! I typically use it by itself according to directions - two thin coats and change it every few days after it starts to peel. I also use it as a base coat because it dries so quick. It makes my nails super shiny and the color is beautiful on the nail. I've used it for about two weeks and my nails are growing! I haven't cut them in nearly a week and it's awesome to see them grow; no chipping or breakage so far. I think I will reduce to using this once a week from now on just so my nails don't become too thick and strong to the point of breakage.

Best product ever. Definitely worth the money and it only cost $5.99!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sunnygirl10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this product my nails were in great shape thanks to using another nail hardener treatment. I did not experience any burning, peeling or chipping.

I've only been using Nail Magic for the last month and I use 1 small thin coat as a base coat about 2 times per month (ever other manicure). I use it for added strength/protection and it seems like it helps my nails to grow. I might even just use it just once per month because I don't want to make my nails so strong that they break off.

Because of the fumes when I apply it I use it another room with a window cracked and I wear a mask. I find the chemically smell very strong! I also apply with care and use a cuticle balm before applying so I do not get any on my cuticles or skin.

I do not like using this product as a top coat because I like a lot of shine and this does not provide it for me, but I will continue using this as a base coat once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by teriyakirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this as a bottom and top coat on my nails after removing acrylics. My nails were very thin and damaged, but I've definitely seen a difference in my nails while faithfully using the product. My nails and growing fast and are quite strong! I did notice some throbbing and slight pain/burning on my nails sometimes while applying this product, but it was only minor - nothing excruciating. I bought this from a drug store for around $6, definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. My friend recommended it to me when I was having so much trouble with weak, splitting nails this past winter. I put on one or two coats about once a week and then forget about my nails and have had tremendous results. My nails are definitely stronger and I only have one nail that is stubborn and still has one peeling spot at the tip, however I can't actually peel it - I don't know how to describe it very well. The point is this stuff works, it has made my nails strong and I would highly recommend it. I had no trouble with any burning, either. Give it a try if you have weak, peeling nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by melou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 3 weeks and it's great. My only complaint is as a base coat it caused my nail polish to completely come off with in a few hours. I would suggest using it by itself for the first month.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by joylenay

For the people that have a burning pain from this product, it's because you nails are in worse shape than you thought. This product stregthens your nails... If you nail is very thin or lacking something from your diet then you feel the burning pain because it goes through your nail to your skin.

I have bad nails that peel and crack so you do not need great nails to use this but if your nails are extremely soft from fake nails or something else then you need to let your nails grow out to use this.

It will be worth it because this is the only thing that has actually let me have nails again. It's wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by LaChilena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I been using this product for two weeks now & I haven't seen growth yet & my nails still peel & flake but its also because my old nails are growing out. So I cannot at the moment say if it works or not, when it comes to nail growth. However, I hope I can help people who are experiencing burning sensation.

This lacquer was made only for nails which is made up of dead cells. However, once this product touches the skin, it'll burn the living cells. When you paint your nails, always some of the lacquer will touch the skin around your nails and cuticles, thus giving you the burning sensation. Also, there will be the a percentage of the population that will be naturally allergic to some ingredients so if you find yourself to be one of those people, stop use immediately.

So now my suggestion that I used as I too have sensitive skin: put tape around your nails. I just used regular clear tape, cut strips with scissors & covered my cuticle, sides of my nails & the skin under the tip. Make sure the tape is adhering to your skin so there's not any space for the solution to get into. Then shake the bottle for 30 seconds to completely mix the polish. Then put a thin coat onto your nails. After 10 minutes, you can either put another coat of nail magic (wait another 10 minutes to dry then take of tape) or you can remove the tape and put on a top coat & then nail polish
I hope this helps anybody else out there! I will update if my nails have grown so then I can review on how this will help with growth.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by joph7355

After reading many reviews, I decided to try this product. I have been using for a week, after taking off my acyrlic nails myself and so far I am happy. My nails have always been week and break easily. I have NOT experienced the burning sensation or peeling that others have talked about. I apply 2 coats and then seal it with a top coat for extra protection. Another way I also have learned to keep your nails strong, is to moisturize your hands and cuticles . I apply lotion every half hour or immediately after washing my hands. I have high hopes and I am going to give it a couple of months to show me its stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by glwalker3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG, seriously, ive been sat with my fingers in COLD WATER, SO PAINFUL. never ever ever again, i dont care if had could have long nails, acrylics dont give me EXTREME PAIN! dont bother, my step mum recommened it to me, i find it bizare that some other girls deal with this pain just for longer nails, even taking pills to deal with the pain. INSTANT PAIN. BURNING ACHING HORRIBLE! im a beauty addict, but i draw the line here.