Dior Pure Poison

3.7

on 6/12/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Too indolic for me. I prefer Hypnotic Poison.

on 2/24/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells like the 80's.

on 2/5/2012 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the way this perfume smells on me, and my husband loves it even more than I do! I pick up gardenia, jasmine, mandarin and sandalwood. It is really sultry and unique. I tend to steer away from anything overly sweet, or fruity because it ends up making me feel sick. I like it for spring or summer.This just smells feminine, clean, and exotic. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars because it seems to fade after a couple hours, and for the price it should stick around longer.

on 1/19/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow this perfume smells like a shampoo at first ...then fades to something lighter and sexier! Smells great on me. Springy/summer scent! Gorgeous bottle!!! Give it a try at sephora or ulta!

on 1/15/2012 7:36:00 AM

While I really like this. I dont find that it wears well on me. It changes a bit and fades. Otherwise its pretty and I loved it from the first try. I think its a chemistry thing for sure. I love the bottle. I wore the original Poison back in the 80's. I like these new modern twists. I would say give this a try. If its goes well with your chemistry its lovely.

on 1/1/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've tried the entire poison range and I have to say that this is my absolute favorite. I've repurchased three times so far. It's very sexy and powerful. I think initially it can be overpowering, so less may be more with this one.

I think this is either a hit or miss perfume though. I've smelled it on some people and it just does not work with their chemistry. Definitely test before purchasing.

on 12/27/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this! Maybe not the best perfume ever so not a 5, but pretty close to it! HATED Hypnotic Poison so bad I literally got sick to my stomach so don't believe everything you see in reviews until you have a chance to see for yourself...use as a guide only...HA!

on 12/8/2011 8:43:00 PM

A pleasant perfume. Good for the 20-30 year-old bracket. Sweet, whilst having a slightly incense-y vibe. Fun to wear, a young perfume that isn't too innocent.The problems with it are:
- Fairly ubiquitous
- Using it every day, I began to find it slightly nauseating and cloying
- Extremely synthetic smelling
- I think this is one of those perfumes women enjoy wearing because they feel it expresses something, and yet somehow I don't think men generally appreciate it, perhaps because of the unnatural/cloying qualities.

Would rebuy as an occasional bit of fun.

This isn't the worst perfume once it settles. It's initially offensive however, and Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is WAY better! I strongly recommend that over Pure Poison.

on 11/25/2011 3:02:00 PM

This is my favorite of the Poison line that I have tried so far. It is clean and pleasant. Not a lot of sillage and disappeared off my skin quickly. I will continue to use up my sample, however am not a Dior convert.

Popular Fragrances