Stila Puppy Eyeshadow

4.5

on 7/6/2004 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Puppy, sadly, has been put to sleep by Stila in favor of other new eyeshadows. Below is my original review. For a similar color in Stila, they have a mineral matte shadow called Champara.

I love Puppy. It is not sparkling or dazzling, but it's a true and faithful medium brown that makes my blue eyes look bluer, and I wear it a lot. If it were an exciting color, you would notice the shadow, and not my blue eyes.

Dry it goes on softly and blends easily. I have also tried it wet and it goes on deeper and more taupey. But most of the time I use it dry.

I wasn't sure how to rate the packaging on this since I bought it as a pan and inserted it into a palette. I mean, it came without packaging. :-)

on 2/6/2004 1:35:00 PM

go figure - puppy and kitten work well together, unlike their namesakes. when you wear a light coat of kitten over puppy - beautiful combo!

on 1/25/2004 11:14:00 PM

Puppy should be a staple in every green or blue eyed girl's wardrobe. A light to medium matte golden brown, it gives a polished but not overly made up look. Use it with Stila's Indigo as a liner, and it really makes blue or green eyes stand out beautifully. This is a color to use when you want to draw attention to your eyes and not your eyeshadow!

on 1/14/2004 10:53:00 PM

a little too dark for me to use as a base and a little to blah for a wash. still has a nice texture and finish though.

on 1/4/2004 12:20:00 AM

Light, matte, neutral to warm brown, like everyone else has said. It's the same depth as Eden, and can be layered for intensity. I like to do Bouquet as a base, Eden in the crease, and Puppy in the outer V and smudged over a dark brown eyeliner, like Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Sepia. Makes for a very natural yet polished, day look. Also good for filling in my dark brows in a pinch, though it's a touch too warm.

on 12/25/2003 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love how everyone here all said that this is a perfect everyday type color, because that's exactly what I've always thought of it as well. I wear it to work when I want to be wearing eyeshadow but not look too done up, it's a perfect neutral shade.

on 12/23/2003 11:42:00 PM

Puppy is a matte light brown eyeshadow. So similar to Jane rock star and Laura Mercier Whisky that there is no need to have all three of them. Take it from me, I have all three of them.

on 11/23/2003 3:35:00 PM

Puppy is one of my staples - a great matte medium beige. Perfect for a work look, but can be jazzed up with a more shimmery liner, or a bit of highlighter. I often wear it when I don't feel like wearing makeup, but need a bit of a lift. Alternatively, I wear it when I want to be wearing makeup, but need to be conservative! For the longest time I thought it was called Puddy, but Puppy sure makes for a cuter name!

on 6/2/2003 6:24:00 AM

Yeah- I agree that this shade is a litle dull- and I do prefer a little shimmer but as a neutral all purpose light beige colour- you can't go wrong. D.xx

on 5/30/2003 1:03:00 AM

I put Puppy in my special 8 pan palette, reserved for only my favorite Stila e/s. It's a soft, light brown shade that's so beautiful in the crease or from lash to brow. It blends nicely & I like to pair is with other Stila crease colors for a variety of looks. Get it!