September 21, 2014 | 2175 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by debbism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a pinch when I ran out of Sebastian Moulding Mud. It definitely was not what was expected. Even a very little bit makes me hair feel like it was styled with bacon grease. It stayed sticky in most spots and where it wasn't sticky, it was stiff and unpleasant to the touch. I have longer hair so I think that this stuff is more for shorter hair styles - at least when hair isn't going to touch your face, neck or shoulders.

The nice thing is that Garnier Fructis products are very reasonable priced so I wasn't out a ton of cash. I did save the tub, though, as it is great for packaging small amounts of hair gel for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by bluesyme

Used this stuff when my hair was short. I don't know if I'd recommend it for longer hair, since it is pretty sticky and kind of hard to work with. I would style my hair with this and follow up with extra strong hairspray. It made my limp, lifeless hair look thick and full of volume. Make sure to wash this stuff out of your hair (as with any other styling products) BEFORE going to bed; don't leave it till the morning, no matter how wasted you are.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by pyewaket

i use this to manipulate my short hair into a piecey style or into a faux hawk. My hair isn't very unruly, but I find this hard to work into my roots to get the faux hawk, it works, but it doen't hold very well. And yes, it's gooey and sticky and will leave your hair somewhat crunchy depending on how much you use. My hands feel gross after styling, but it works in a pinch and the scent is pleasant. I would like something with more holding power though. I might repurchase until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Nasty stuff! Would not buy again. Will return to Walmart today! Pantene Texture and Shine Pomade is so much better than this gunk!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by KMA1

I am trying to grow out side-swept bangs from cut-straight-across ones, and needed something to hold them off to the side while they are in this awkward phase. I happened to see this at Walgreens and got it because it was so cheap, this stuff is the bomb! It holds my bangs in place without being stiff or sticky, and I can also use it to tame the little unruly hairs that don't seem to cooperate with my straightening iron. Plus, it smells really good! I will definitely repurchase when I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I was looking for an alternative to my Alterna Molding creme and I DID! It actually works,,who knew for $3 bucks at CVS!!! I love the color of the container, ( as if that is of any importance!) Anyway, It is the same consistancy of the Alterna brand ..although I do still love my Alterna..this is waaaaaaaay cheaper and it works....so there, I just saved myself like another $17.00 bucks!! Horraayyy!!!I can scrunch my hair or slick it to the side...it does not leave my hair stiff or sticky!! I'll repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

My favorite drugstore hair product. I have long, layered, medium thick loose curls, and no matter how I style my hair, this works. Defines and holds the curls without weighing my hair down or feeling greasy. It is a little sticky, though, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2006 2:35:00 PM More reviews by vmathew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I use it when my hair is almost dry, after using the spray gel. It allows me to piece out strands or straighten out ones that have gotten a bit curly or out of whack. I like it much better than the Surf Style hair paste.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sassydaphne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this after my new cut -- went from long hair that I straightened to a tousled, layered do just below my shoulders with bangs. Anyway, this does exactly what I want it to do -- define my waves without giving me crunchy hair. That is, if I use the right amount. Too much, and my hair is 80s crunchy; too little and it doesn't do anything. The green apple smell is a little overpowering, but, as others have said, doesn't seem to linger. This does what I wanted FF's Luscious Curls to do. And it is CHEAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2006 12:43:00 AM More reviews by jdianne86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this stuff around last year or so to use on my layered chin-length hair. I was into the whole flipped-out hair style, which I never really successfully achieved b/c my hair is thin, flat, and very fine. However, I started using this recently for another purpose. Since my natural hair color has been growing, my hair has become thin and flat again, but I don't want to put chemicals in my hair again just to make it "thicker" or "course". The length is past my shoulders and it has a few layers. This year has been the only year I can actually "scrunch" my hair to where it looks decent. When I tried it before, people asked me why I messed my hair up not knowing I was actually trying to make it look "cute" lol! Anyway, I gave this product a try while trying to scrunch my hair and it worked very nicely. My hair wasn't as frizzy, it smelled nice, and my "scrunches" looked better than w/ just using gel, serum, and hairspray. I now use this in place of my gels. Another product I sometimes combine this w/ is the Aussie Sprunch Spray. I love the smell of that product, heh. You don't need to use a lot of product because it's very messy and it spreads. Never use it on one section of the hair, either. I learned that the hard way... =x I put a small size into my hand and rub my palms together, and then I turn my hair upside down and just start scrunching over and over until I throw my hair back and see if I need more product or not. Its works very nicely and if you're someone whose hair is really hard to scrunch using other products, I recommend this highly. I also recommend a hairstyle w/ lots of layers or some short pieces of hair. If not, your hair will probably look like a tangled mess! =]