Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/22/2015 2:35:00 PM

Great product. Easy to apply with small brush or finger. Works great with any eye shadow as it really brings out the pigment in the shadow and holds it. I have come home from nights out and have left it on overnight and it will be perfect the next morning(I don't recommend leaving makeup on🙈!). It just shows the power this base has and I love it!

on 7/21/2015 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product works, it definitely does.
I have gone through a lot of hormonal changes so my skin has been oily, dry, flaky, and sensitive. This primer keeps ANY eyeshadow on all day, no creasing, no smudging, no fading. It is awesome! The only reason I took a lippie off is because of the price. I now use Wet N Wild Fergie take on the day e/s primer and it works JUST as well, at a fraction of the price.

on 7/21/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product!! It is so light and easy to apply. It does exactly what it says.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I first bought this primer five years ago for an event I was going to - I needed my eyeshadow to be creaseless and long-lasting. The UD Primer Potion did exactly that. Although the applicator (bottle version) was a bit unsanitary and annoying to use, this product was and still is my HG primer. Creamy in texture, not fragranced so as to irritate my sensitive skin, and it actually does the job!

I have slightly oily lids, but a dry skin type. I apply a very VERY small amount of primer on my finger and apply across my lid up to my brow bone, and on my lower lash line - a little goes a long way. For the tube (which is a huge improvement, but is still a tad unsanitary), I suggest shaking it a bit because it does separate if you don't use it every day; this does make a noticeable difference in the performance of this product. I do this after priming my face, and once my face is done the eye primer is ready to work.

If you use your fingers when applying eyeshadows, beware! Once this primer dries, it is very difficult to blend with fingers. If you are just applying a wash of colour, fingers still work great. I use a blending brush on my crease, and eyeshadow over this primer is still very blendable if you use a brush.

This primer is fantastic, the tube has lasted me just over a year! I would prefer if it was cheaper, which is why I took one lippie off. But this is a staple in my makeup bag for sure!

I have been using the original formula for a long time now. My most recent purchase of this caused my eyelids to hurt and burn. When I took the primer off of my eyelids were swollen. Thankfully I haven't had to wear eye makeup for 2 days so the swelling has gone down. I am throwing this primer away and looking for something else.

on 7/18/2015 11:51:00 AM

love the tube packaging way better than the bottle. does not separate in an oily film like the shadow insurance from too faced. reliable, efficient product and leaves my thick oily lids slick free. will repurchase.

on 7/18/2015 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I use this off and on its not my top choice but its also not bad! I like how it goes on and believe it works very well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i started with this eye primer and at first it was hard to smear the eye shadow and to blend then once you get use to it and knowing that your eye shadow will stay on all day .

on 7/11/2015 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Omg this is so drying on my lids. Maybe itīs good for young people, but it just totally wrinkled the skin om my lids, making them look like alligator skin omg it was so ugly.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I don't know what went wrong. I really thought I would enjoy this product as everyone in the beauty community seems to love it but my eyeshadows really did crease over this! I tried applying it in multiple ways (putting eyeshadow on straight after/waiting a short while, fingers/brushes) I can't seem to make it work, and it wasn't exactly cheap! Surprisingly, the elf eyeshadow primer works great on me which is good as it's dirt cheap, I'm upset this didn't work out for me :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials