September 15, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- feels very nice and smooth
- blends easily

Cons:
- after blending, it makes my eyelids feel greasy
- does nothing in terms of making shadows more intense and making them stay on longer
- the packaging doesn't allow you to get the most out of it

I got a sample of this primer when I bought the Naked palette; the packaging was the purple bottle with the silver top. I'm glad it was a sample because I am never going to use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Bellefat

This product is amazing i use it every day and my eye shadow aways stays for the whole day long. However it is pretty pricy for the amount you get. Currently i only have the mini size for half the price but i defiantly want to buy the full size. If u are unsure about this product i would recommend buying the mini first. I have sensitive skin most would say, and this product did not irritate my skin. Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail primer! I went swimming today for 4 hours and my eyeshadow still looked flawless. I was very surprised and I cannot tell you how much this primer is amazing. Only downside: the price. You don't get a ton of product but you do get a decent amount. I wish they would either lower the price or add more product! Anyways amazing and will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received several of these primers with various Urban Decay purchases. I don't have very oily lids and don't usually have an issue with staying power of my eye makeup or creasing. I thought I would give this a try anyway, to see what the fuss was about. It smooths on nicely and doesn't irritate my eyelids, it helped intensify the color, but it did not help the longevity of my eyeshadow. It even made my eyeshadow crease, which it does not do on a normal basis. I was very disappointed in this product, especially for the price. I have tested this out using several shadows and it only helped minimally with keeping my eyeshadow looking fresh. I have actually had much better luck with Stila Prime Pots and NYX eyeshadow primer, which are much more inexpensive than the UD primer potion. I would not waste my money on this primer again when I can purchase an eyelid primer with much more staying power and crease-proofing than the UD. Unfortunate, because I own and love many of Urban Decay's other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by HsienLim

I cant live without this primer before put my eye make up on. This is my 1st must buy purchased product when malaysia launched at Sephora. This is to replace my MAC paintpot which the product dried out quickly. Overall, i never stop purchase once I started. Love it so much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this via 'Ulta' online looking for an eyeshadow primer to help my eyeshadow pigment last. When this came it was tinted - I would have preferred a clear finish but I overlooked it. I first used this on my hand and noted the texture was off but after a few minutes the color seemed to fade and texture seemed to settle or something. I wasn't sure exactly what happend and I figured maybe it was just a one time experence..........................
WRONG!
About 2 days later I tried this on my eyes before applying my eyeshadow. I think I poured to much into my palm as I was uncertain of how much I should use. This went on silky but it did not blend well and the pigment in this did not seem to fade this time. The product blended and collected at the outer corner of my eyebrow making it look like I had a dry skin patch. When I attempted to blend it out the color dragged and smeared down a line and pooled up to enlarge my pores. I went to fix the area of my eyebrow next and the patch it gathered in was stubborn and could not be reduced in appearance even when I rubbed some off the small gathering stayed there and the rest of the makeup just rolled up.
I don't know what caused this as the ingredients seemed okay and there was not any excess acylates. My guess was that it was a silicone base with talcum powder or maybe a bad batch that made my scenario. So sad it didn't work for me so I will return it and alas my search for an eyeshadow primer will continue.
On the plus side it did make help prolong my eyemakeup and the packing is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Serves its purpose could be less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyeshadow would look terrible without this primer, it makes my eyeshadow last HOURS, I like the fact that it comes in a tube and that I can control the amount that comes out of it. I'm not very fond of the price even though you get a TON of product in there, you can ask the sales lady for a sample as urban decay is very generous with their samples and they actually come with a lot more product than you think.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by enr34id

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The ULTIMATE summer survival must-have. And it lasts forever despite its .37 oz packaging.

I don't use this much in winter because I don't have oily lids that run my makeup, but in the summer when I feel my face pulsating from the heat, this is a definite staple in my routine. It locks all the shadow, liner (liquid and pencil), and concealer in place. Even after a day my makeup still looks acceptable and I can easily go from day to night without having to redo my eyes. A little goes a long way!

The squeeze tube is a VAST improvement from the old wand packaging. Definitely worth its money :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by JezebelTruant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not having this in a makeup bag is just not an option for anyone beyond a novice skill level.

If you are going to wear eyeshadow, UDPP is a *requirement.* Sure, you can apply eye makeup without it-- but in the same way you can make a cup of instant coffee when you could have made a French Press. Why even bother?

It keeps makeup in place until you work to get it off. It makes even the most translucent, weak pigmented shadow pop boldly. It prevents creasing.

The only thing I dislike about it is that I can feel that I am wearing it. It feels a bit like tissue paper. It's a minor, minor thing that gets forgotten about after a bit on wear and so very worth it for the benefits.