October 31, 2014 | 924 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Grape

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I am NW15 with green eyes. This color is a permanent pro color. The color description is a deep purple shone with small pearl particle. The texture of the pigment is a sort of dusty matte purple, with pink and gold shimmer. The texture can be a little difficult to blend. The color is beautiful - it is definitely a deep juicy grape. It goes beautifully with purples, blues, and greens, and complements my green eyes well. It is identical to Entremauve pigment, so unless you are a pigment junkie you don't need both. Pigments are $19.50 each. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can we say, "HOLY ROYAL PURPLE BATMAN!!" This is a super-dark barney or grape jelly purple with some gold reflects. I made the mistake when I put it on for a daytime look, because this should really be worn at night, due to its intensity. It may be less obnoxious if you have medium-dark skintones, but for me being so pale, I stuck out like a sore thumb. It's not dark enough to look like a smoked purple, but it is quite bright.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by chocodcocoa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous grape purple colour EVER! Purples bring out my eyes so I wear them a lot... and this is the prettiest purple I've encountered since I started wearing makeup.
I bought the full size jar from the Queen St. pro store and am totally in love. I usually use this to darken my crease or to give my eyes more definition. It does worry me a bit that this pigment isn't lip nor eye safe... but I love it too much to get rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

Not only is this color good for contour, but it also works quite well as a eyeliner. When mixed with clear mascara, it's a nice pretty dark purple color that beautifully enhances both green and blue eyes.
Do not pass this up if you find this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by hollilocks

I received a sample of this in a swap. It took months before I finally tried it. It looked so very dark in the container, and I was afraid I'd look as if I had two black eyes. Well, I felt it calling to me one morning & I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! I love this pigment. It looked really pretty on. I didn't find it to be dull or difficult to blend. I started with MAC paint in Stilife, and then blended Grape over it. I have fair skin & blue eyes. I like the dark color it gave me, without looking dirty or scary. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2006 8:25:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nc30, I like grape Pigment! Looks a bit dull and dry, still really nice shade of dark purple with a few sparkles. I love pairing it with pink and purple shades. Also with golds. I would definately repurchase. I also really like the jars, if you want bad check out Bare Escentuals loose e/s. Those are horrible in my opinion especially if they don't have the sifters. I love pigments and the many uses they have. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think its very beautiful paired w/the right things. I love pairing it with violet pigment and other purple eyeshadows. But, even when applied wet, it doesnt look quite as good as other pigments. It kind of looks dull? I mean not terribly dull, but its not..quite what I was hoping for. I have the full sized jar, so It'll last me years and I wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like Grape. Its wonderful as a crease shade with Kitchmas over it, and works really nicely with Violet too. Not as shimmery as other pigments, it stays on a bit longer to. Not as matte as Rich Purple, but with the true blue undertones of a purple crayon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a 1/4 tsp. sample of this in a swap, and just swapped it away today. I tried it one time, and it looked horrible on me. It's got a tiny bit of shimmer, but not much, and it looks really matte and kind of blah blah bland on my eyes. I can usually wear purples really well with my pretty blue eyes, but this just made me look like I had a couple of black eyes. Really atrocious color on me. However, I will say that a couple good things about it are that a little goes a long way, and it does apply smoothly and easily and blends well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by artemisa

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. As much as I wanted this pigment to work on me, it didn't.
It is a beautiful purple color, with just a hint of shimmer. But it was *REALLY* hard to blend. I've tried it alone, with a brush lightly wet, with mixing medium... and I'm so impressed that it didn't go on as smooth or silky as many other pigments!

I'll stick to Deep Purple then. It's not the same color, but it easy to blend and will be a good substitute until MAC reformulates it or launches another color.