September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by melimae

I had really high hopes for this product.. I'm on a constant search for good volume shampoos and was really excited to see such great reviews on a natural volume shampoo, but I was severely let down by this product. I've been using it for a week and can't get myself to use it again. Extremely disappointed.

CONS:
- dried hair and scalp out like crazy
- NO volume for my limp, fine hair
- left my hair feeling filmy after styling
- Expensive

PROS:
- smells great

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yet another lush product I bought online without ever smelling before, and not being able to use because of the STRONG smell. It smells like chemical floor cleaner! I thought it'd smell slightly salty, ocean-y and fresh but nope not even close. I don't think I have a very sensitive nose but this gave me an instant headache. I can't imagine how strong it smells IN the shower?! Yuck. Smell in person before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like Seanik. I get a very creamy, thick lather from it and the scent is really nice. A bit like Rub Rub Rub, but without the household cleaning product vibe. It's too bad the scent doesn't last in the hair. It cleanses my hair very well and leaves it soft and voluminous. It's a bit like a solid form of Big shampoo.
The only downside to this shampoo is that it leaves my scalp and the skin on my forehead quite dry and flaky.
I did say that I would buy it again, but first I think I will try another one of Lush's shampoo bars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Favorite shampoo in the world! My hair is always so soft and CLEAN after use! The fragrance is amazing and fresh, and I can't get enough of Seanik. It took me about 3 months to get through one bar, but it definitely would have lasted longer had I took better care of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I think I've used this solid shampoo enough times to tell you all how this was to my hair. My hair is very long coarse and really thick that is straight. My scalp is very oily and my ends are very dry I do tend to get split ends too but a trim will fix that. Now on to the review! I really wanted to like this bar I love the ocean and anything related to the sea. Unfortunately I didn't really like this bar. I thought it lathered great and the scent was okay it kinda reminds me of laundry detergent. When I use this bar I feel it cleans very well and it's harsh on my hair I feel like this dries my hair so bad that I get more split ends and my hair tangles more when I use this. Then this dries my scalp to the point I get dry patches and I can't help but pick at them thus causing dandruff which I normally don't get. I do like that my scalp feels very clean and I get great volume from using this product. Now I just use this when I need some deep cleansing to remove build up which I'm happy about but it's too harsh, maybe if lush lowered to SLS content in this it would be great. I don't like this product and I won't repurchase:(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kurtsblainey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is amazeballs!My hair was really damaged and quite flat and now my hairs' softer and fluffier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way it made my hair feel but hated the packaging. Left a mess in my bathtub even when I kept it in a soap dish.

PROS
- hair was soft & clean & shiny
- amazing scent
- perfect amount of sud
- did not strip hair dry

CONS
- did not last long
- expensive $10/pop
- packaging - groopy and melted away in no time
- sulfate

I like how it made my hair feel, might consider buying it again even though the package sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Dianashh

My favorite solid shampoo bar from Lush! I absolutely love the scent, makes lots of foam and dried the hair because my hair is kind of greasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

agreed with the person below, they use sodium laureth sulphate when they could have used lauryl (or the other way around?? theres one that is more gentle, the sulcate-free one)
it feels like i have used a clarifying shampoo and itsnt moisturising at all. The girl told me it would be mildly moisturising but it isn't, im guessing from the harsh sulphate content.
It smells so lovely and is blue with little seaweed bits in there.
it volumises my hair because it is so drying. I have dry ends, oily scalp so it doesnt help with my dry end situation. even if i condition with a heavy conditioner, theres no nice, shiny, slippery, moistursed feeling. I wouldnt purchase this one again, i would rather purchase another solid shampoo. its a cute little invention.
$13.95AUD for the puck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Why Lush does not start using milder sulphates like Sodium Laureth Sulphate instead of Sodium Laurel Sulphate (much, much harsher) is beyond me.

Pros:
Great Scent
Economical and ecological.

Cons:
Drying, color stripping shampoo. If you want to de grease your driveway, give it a shot. For those with oily and non-color treated hair this would work.