April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Misfit Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say I really only like the teal side of this. It's bright and smooth and very pigmented. The cream-colored side, by contrast, is unpigmented and chalky. When I finally did get it to show up after applying it wet it was this hideous shade of yellow, making me look jaundiced. I'd buy this duo again but only because I have yet to find a dupe of the teal side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by 8hourcream

I have become obsessed with Nars Shadows lately - this duo is a beautiful base cream shimmer with a true emerald on the other, I adore greens so my eye has always been drawn to this palette.

I love this - its quite an extreme duo in that you have light and dark, and you need to blend well to get the mid tones but I do LOVE it very much,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This NARS duo is so not me. Well the bright bluish emerald side of the duo is completely not typical of something that I would wear upon my eyelids. But I finally swapped for this after lemming over it for months and months. I finally wore it with the shimmery ecru color as the base and the bright emerald side on the outer lid. The ecru color is a snore! Pigmentation is poor – it hardly shows up on my skin and doesn’t take well to layering. Also the eyeshadow itself doesn’t seem all that shimmery upon closer inspection – it’s more of matte shade with a tiny bit of shimmer particles infused into it. Boo! The emerald side is a little bit more exciting. As vibrant and scary as it is in the pan, this slightly tinged blue green does go on quite sheer, but takes well to layering for more intensity. The shimmer content is a bit more promising too. As always I love the NARS packaging. Very sturdy and convenient. Unfortunately I think this duo, as well as some other NARS duos, could definitely use an improvement in the actual texture of the eyeshadows. They aren’t very pliable and for some reason, even with a use of a base, I have to more or less stab the crap out of my eyelids with a blending brush to get the color gradient to look halfway decent. I will keep this duo for now even though I feel a bit goofy wearing the bold green color, but would I repurchase/swap for it? Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2005 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

This was my first NARS eyeshadow purchase, and I am somewhat dissapointed. However, it is my fault. I just hate the color of the green shadow. It looks icky on my pale/yellow skin. Also, the cream color is very very sheer, and barely noticeable, but it does give off a nice shimmer. I played around with this eyeshadow duo, and found that the green shdow looks gorgeous when applied over eyeliner. I wouldn't buy this again, though, because I still can't use the eyshadow as an eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Carissa848

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this duo. This was the first NARS product I bought and I was suprised at how pigmented it was. The green is awesome and the lighter color is nice, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2005 6:14:00 PM More reviews by allThingsGirl

*EDIT: 3/17/07* I love the green side of this duo. The cream just doesn't show up on me at all. I gave the pan away as an extra in swap. I think this duo is severely overpriced for only the green color and I would not repurchase. The green is super pretty though and I haven't found something that is similar. Try swapping for it instead. NC40, dark hair/eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie5349

Love this duo! At first I was hesitant about purchasing it because the green looked too bright, but it's not at all. It looks very beautiful on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mkupjunkee

I haven't tried this on myself yet but tried it on my teenage niece and let me tell you, we love it. The emerald green color is just gorgeous and the ecru is meant to be a shimmery wash. I read the reviews and a lot of people are complaining that it hardly shows.Think about it if it showed too much it would kill the emerald, it's meant to just polish the eyebrow bone and let the emerald green stand out.If you still want more color wet the brush and make sure your wearing a base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mariam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

After owning Misfit for months, I finally decided to use it last night. really liked the effect, the cream colour as a wash (it was a LITTLE too light on me, but works) and I used the green in the crease and as a liner. I LOVE it as a liner. My only complaint was that in the crease, the colour looked a bit muddy on me, but I tried a heavier hand and the green showed up more vividly on my olive skin. The final effect was WOW - not too overpowering, just very pretty eyes! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Leonidas

Bought this on my wild shopping spree in Paris... Went into the Sephora and I just HAD to get something NARS or I was going to die...

Anyway I absolutely adore the green colour!! Okay I admit I have zillions of green eyeshadows of almost the same colour but all of them are totally matte... It actually made me think a bit of MAC's Teal piggie I got a sample of a while ago.
As for the ecru it's nice as a highlighter... slightly shimmery and perfect to just naturally highlight my brow...

Both easy to apply and to blend and I apprciate the ability to have either a slight touch of colour and a more dramatic touch both in the same shadow.

Not to mention that the first evening I put this on I got a couple of compliments...

I love this but to be honest I wouldn't buy it a second time... Because I already have other green eyeshadows and also because I love to try out new things. (The price doesn't help either)
I'll enjoy it while it lasts... :)