Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 2/10/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder! When I want lighter coverage I wear this alone & when I want fuller coverage I use this on top of a foundation. This is definitely a product that needs a few minutes to "melt" into your skin. It looks okay at first but after 4/5 minutes it looks amazing. It really sinks into your skin and looks flawless yet natural. The finish is really beautiful especially if you give it some time. I get dry patches on my skin and this never clings to them or makes them more noticeable. I highly recommend this!!!

on 1/21/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i used this as my usual daily foundation. Its easy to use, quick application and travels well in the compact. It lasts all day on my 50+ skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. Good coverage when set with her baked powder. Its not as messy as some of the loose mineral foundations I had been using. Its also easy to remove at the end of the day, and doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts to my sensitive skin.

I have it on auto delivery, because I think its a good value, lasts a long time and the color and ease of use are my favorite foundation.

on 1/6/2014 2:18:00 PM

I had desperately been searching for a powder foundation that would mask red marks (hyperpigmentation from acne ages ago), and my sometimes blotchy skin. I've tried everything, and finally found this product - As soon as it goes on, it immediately masks imperfections. It has a smooth feel, not greasy, and lasts all day. Only complaint would be that it highlights enlarged pores, but I suppose I should find a good primer that minimizes those! All in all, a great product. A little pricey, but definitely worth it.

Rosacea sufferers: used over a primer, dewy-finish medium to full coverage liquid foundation or bb cream (such as Smashbox) and a creamy concealer (I use Maybelline Fit Me) this covers mild to moderate rosacea on my oily/combo/dehydrated skin perfectly! The trick is in the application. Use a light hand to dab the concealer on in just the areas you need it most. It stays put for most of the day with minimal touch-ups. To make it look extra fresh, I also use a setting spray. I can't just use any old powder nowadays as my skin tends to be acneic, sensitive and oily yet dehydrated; I normally use this over my liquid foundation and it provides full coverage, yet you can add more (and more!) without it looking powdery or cakey. It has that lovely creamy, luminous look without being too glowy; it is by far the best powder foundation I've tried so far and is so much more practical than a loose powder. I always have the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil in the mini pressed version with me for touch-ups (my HG finishing powder) as it does not add colour - B&B is just too large to carry around. I find both the Fair and the Medium B&B quite colour-adaptable and the Fair in particular flattering to my NC25-NC30 skin, although the Medium is much more neutral and slightly less flattering to my golden/olive complexion; far better when I have a tan. Recently my skin has been very clear so I've been using B&B as my only foundation with just a touch of concealer and coverage is still excellent. No oxidising or fading on me whatsoever. In the UK, at around 30 pounds inc. delivery for just 9 grams it's expensive but it's definitely worth it.

on 12/21/2013 8:13:00 PM

I got this Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten in Medium as part of the QVC Ultimate Holiday Train Case. I had been looking for a finishing powder but was impressed by the on-air demo of this product as a foundation. Since my skin is typically clear and I have minor imperfections to cover I thought this was worth a try. My skin tone is in the MAC NW23-25, Guerlain Beige Natural, MUFE HD 125 range.

Balance-n-Brighten is a baked foundation which starts out as a cream. The medium shade is very pretty in the pan. It has swirls of cream, beige, pink and gold in it. When the shades are combined the powder gives a neutral matte finish with a silky feel.

I apply this powder over my moisturizer with either a kabuki or large powder brush. I love that I can build the coverage in areas where I need it. The finish looks and feels creamy and smooth plus does not emphasize any of my dry areas or enlarged pores. It gives a soft focus effect. Also, this product does make my skin itchy like powder mineral foundations do. This is a definite plus. Since this is a pressed powder it's perfect for travel too.

I'm really impressed by Balance-n-Brighten and this has now made it's way into my daily makeup basket.

on 11/23/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As my partner said, makes my (dry) skin which has no apparent lines look much older and wrinkly, shows off every incipient flaw in the texture of my skin. I used porcelain which is an excellent colour match for my snow white skin, very unusually. This is, I would think, excellent for young fresh ultra smooth skin. I imagine spots and any bumps, lumps like lines are magnified by the very pretty lustre of this powder foundation. My partner looked at me with distaste whilst I tried this on so I would use it primarily when wanting to play old crones in pantomimes. This also made my very dry skin actually feel dry, taut and uncomfy so I could;t wait to wash it off and soothe my skin with lashings of moisturiser. I would try this if you are very young and have oily skin with a very smooth texture then I expect you'll love it as it's so foolproof and quick to apply and the lustre is lovely.

on 11/15/2013 4:34:00 AM

I cannot express how much I love this stuff! Most of the time my skin is too light to find a color that actually matched my tone, but this powder in porcelain was perfect! It covers up my red spots or the occasional blemish with no problem. Also I have very sensitive skin and this is the first foundation that hasn't made me break out. It is so light and looks natural, not cakey like other powders. Using a fluffy brush helps blend it in incredibly. Will continue to buy this for as long as Laura makes it!

on 10/23/2013 5:35:00 PM

I love this. I put it on over my moisturizer, and it DOES NOT CHANGE color. I have the medium, which I find very flattering and forgiving. I find it a neutral tone, balancing my sallow and red areas, and and sort of glazing over my flaws. Very pretty finish, and does not accentuate my wrinkles, etc. I use this, then put a little concealer where needed ( nyx hi def in medium). add my blush, lip etc , then lightly dust on my Femme Couture - Get A Glow- finishing powder (another thing I LOVE, from Sally beauty). Finish with UD All nighter. It is a very good look-clean, polished and soft, very pretty. I have used a TON of powder foundations. I am hyper critical, and I love it if my skin looks good, but I am really buying this stuff to make me look prettier, you know? And this does. I would strongly recommend giving this a try if you oxidize, need neutral shades, or love a Soft Focus finish.

I got this in Porcelain, since my general skintone is "Casper". I was kicking around Ulta after having run out of foundation several days prior, and I explained to one of their makeup artists what I needed. My skin gets very dry very easily, to the point sometimes where I feel like I should be using dandruff shampoo on my face. (Sorry for the visual there.) I somehow also, in spots, have enough oil for the Beverly Hillbillies to drill and get rich on. On top of that, it seems that my doctors and I have finally figured out my overall medical problem, and it involves somewhat benign rashes that sometimes reach my face and look like rosacea.

So, I'm pretty much usually screwed when it comes to buying foundation, especially that of the drugstore type where there is no expert around and I cannot try it before I buy it.

I was very skeptical when the Ulta makeup artist told me she had just the thing and brought out a powder. Powders generally just make my drier skin look flakier and my oilier skin look like a pale version of some swamp in Dagobah, but, hey. She's a pro and the test is free, right? Whatever.

I was absolutely shocked to find that the powder disappeared into my skin (and I was having a BAD skin day), calmed the oil, smoothed over the Sahara areas, and completely covered the rosacea-like redness.

I was told to buy a good kabuki brush to apply with and that it was not only blendable but buildable (which I have found is definitely true), but that I could use latex wedges in a pinch. The product does not come with an applicator. I personally found the wedges with an occasional brush usage to make sure that it my oily skin doesn't make the surface get gross and coagulate to work just fine, as long as I toss the wedge I'm using weekly at the very most. The wedges, on bad skin days, seem to make building the makeup up easier and better.

Before the makeup artist started (she did one half of my face first to show the difference), she saw my skepticism, and told me that Geller's product was all she used, and that her makeup had been on without the need to freshen it since 8AM. It was now 3, on a nearly 3-digit, very swampy day. I found out myself very quickly that the powder's staying power is impressive.

She also told me that other bonuses were that, since it's not a liquid, traveling with it is easier. It also had a longer shelf life, 2 years, than other liquid foundation. I found that lnfo posted clearly on the back of the compact.

It ended up being about $35 with tax. For what I received, I would have paid more. My roommate thought I'd gotten conned, but I handed her the compact and a new wedge and told her to try it. 5 minutes later she was in shock and totally got why I'd spent that.

TL;DR: This stuff is amazing. I would never have expected such power, control, and staying power from a powder. I highly recommend it to anyone, no matter your skin problems or type. It's definitely worth the money.

I absolutely love this powder! I love that it is multi-tonal and that it feels light on the skin! I got it in a set that I bought at ULTA and have just recently started using almost daily. I usually like more of a medium to full coverage. I like to use this powder with a light tinted moisturizer or BB cream. I think it give just the perfect amount of coverage and almost gives an airbrushed look. My skin is normal so I am not sure how it will hold up on oily or dry skin.