Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 5/28/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The one and only moisturizer that has coped with my severely oily skin and active breakouts. Firstly, the price isn't too bad, and the packaging just becomes a pain when you're down to the last dregs. However, this gel moisturizer truly gives me relief whenever my skin is congested and calms down any flaky/dehydrated patches. It truly does clarify my skin and it's a treat to rub on. It does reduce shine slightly.
However, this is not moisturizing enough for any significantly dry patches and when I do have phases of severely dry skin, this moisturizer stings and burns my face.
The lotion version of this is way too heavy for me and made me greasier and also caused a breakout.
I have tried Garnier's moisture renew night cream that was said to be kind of a dupe for this, and that is pleasant to put on and also quite moisturizing. However, the intense fragrance of that put me off and also caused a pimple or two.
Would repurchase this moisturizer as so far, it's the only one that hasn't caused me any breakouts and hasn't made me oilier.

on 5/20/2015 2:16:00 PM

I've always wanted to purchase this moisturizer for years and always neglected it. Overall, its a good moisturizer that does good for my skin which is ideal! I purchased the travel sized squeeze tube for $18CAD at my local sephora. Sidenote: I am oily skin in my t-zone with larger pores.

pros:
- size variations: this product is available in 3 sizes. I purchased the smallest one since its my first time trying it out.
- the consistency is what it says: gel. Its not as drying as other gels Ive used (like Shisiedo's blue line. too powdery). My makeup doesn't flake on top of this moisturizer. I was afraid of that.
- the amount of moisture it provides me is just right! I would only use this in the spring-fall seasons. its a great base for primer and foundations.

cons:
- although its very faint, the smell isnt my favourite. it smells like sweet lemons, which i dont mind but i prefer unscented skincare products.
- the color. again, very faint but I dont like the yellow tint.

I would recommend this for oily skinned people, and would repurchase in the larger bottle with a pump!

on 5/8/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily combination acne-prone skin, and this is my holy grail daily moisturiser! Where I live it's humid for most parts of the year so this is more than enough. My skin drinks this stuff up. During colder months though I slather on another layer or temporarily use something slightly heavier. But this is great if you have oily skin and want something lightweight.

It is also fantastic because it doesn't clog my pores. I don't mind the price as it does the job, so I will buy this again and again! Unless I change skin types or find something better, that is.

on 5/1/2015 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is nice and still one of my go-to moisturizers. It feels nice on the skin and sinks in quickly. Doesn't make my combo skin oily. The only bad thing is there is no SPF.

on 4/27/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Yet another product that I don't understand the hype over. If you have dry skin, save your money. I have been trying this out for over a week and every time I wear it, my skin feels hydrated for the first few seconds I apply it, but that quickly goes away. Any time I wear it under make up, my make up separates so badly in dry patches all over my face. And I know this is due to the moisturizer. I have also tried the dramatically different lotion, and was not impressed by either formula. I should've known this wasn't worth the money because just by looking at the ingredients you can see it's a boring formula for the amount of money you spend. You can definitely get a better bang for your buck.

on 4/26/2015 11:02:00 PM

a good moisturizer that doesnt leave you feeling oily. absorbes really easily into skin, but i dont think its anything so special

on 4/26/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love it! My skin is normal to dry, this is an excellent moisturizer . Emollient, it gives moisture and hydration to the skin..without being heavy or thick.I use it before makeup and it is just fine.,one of the best I have tried, fragrance free, Clinique has wonderful products and this is one of them.
I use the plus formula for dry skin. My skin is at times reactive l didn't react to that nice moisturizer

on 4/9/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Very expensive, overrated and irritated my (admittedly very sensitive) skin. ugh. Never again. Fool me twice...you know how it goes.

on 4/6/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 years now and it is absolutely my Holy Grail! My skintype is quite normalish, but dehydrated and very sensitive and acne prone. I've been looking for the one moisturizer for years and I've found it in this product.
DDMG sinks right into the skin, it's lightweight, hydrates my skin well enough all throughout the year, doesn't irritate my skin or cause any patches, it doesn't clog my pores, and it's spreads like a dream. I also looove the packaging with the pump and it lasts me about 6 months (cca 3 pumps each time twice a day). Ever since I've strarted washing my face with very cold water only, spraying Avene thermal water right after washing and applying DDMG on slightly damp face my skin has seriously gotten SO MUCH BETTER.
The only downside is the price but honestly - who cares for such an amazing product? I will keep and keep using this forever.

on 4/5/2015 11:07:00 PM

I liked this at first..it was good. it left my combo skin feeling plump and soft..this gel didn't leave a sticky after feel, which iv tried other gels that do that. I will not repurchase this bc after several uses its like the goodness that it does wares off and this actually started breaking me out...I think it was clogging my pores. I notice if I switch off w something else and then come back to it its ok but then I have to switch off again before it breaks me out again. like said will not repurchase because its not a stable product for me.