October 25, 2014 | 1953 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Sun Protection Compact Foundation [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

RE-FORMULATED. Please find reviews for the new formula here:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by DropDeadDiva

AWSOME!!!! I loved this product because it adds a very nice glow to my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had it for around a year and recently started using it and found it work great, one reason may be my skin is a lot smooth lately. Before I am always on a foundation and loose powder rather than powder foundation.

This is my HG powder foundation and also the one with the best coverage. The coverage is better than MAC studio Fix and any liquid foundation I have right now(MUF HD, Dior Extreme, Clinique SuperFit & SuperBalance, EL double wear). This compact and Shishedo sun protection cream SPF55 are perfectly match to work together for great sun protection. I do feel the sun protection cream SPF 55 works great as a base for this powder foundation. This powder foundation leaves a super flawless texture on my face, covers my red spots and even acne scars. I like to use it with a very slightly damp sponge and use dry sponge for a touch up during the day. I use shade #SP30 which is slightly lighter than NC25 but SP30 is very yellow tone base so it doesn't make me look unnatural. I may need to go a shade darker because it is just the beginning of summer and the shade is already slightly lighter than my skin.

I only purchased the refill and use the previous Sephora compact case.

The lasting power is great I only need to blot maybe once during the day. It is one of my can't live without product so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by clayalle

Amazing! I got the lightest shade and it feels like it was made for my skin. No breakups whatsoever. Excellent texture. Perfect for long-wears. Nice for those days when you feel too lazy to apply the sunscreen.

The price is quite expensive but it's fine, the quality is as high as the price.

The only downturn is the packaging: bright blue with yellow button. Seriously? Sure the color makes it easier to look for it, but it's also makes it embarrassing to do some touch-ups in public. I prefer neutral colors like black or white.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is NOT a product I will ever be buying again.

Pros: High SPF sun protection and doesn't break me out. Lasts on my face for a long time.

Cons: Oxidizes after a few hours, very powdery and unnatural looking even with a light hand and fix+, accentuates dry spots, needs a lot of product to get heavier coverage.

i have no idea how this got some of the high reviews that it has. I like it when my powders are either light coverage yet natural looking for daytime or heavier coverage for night and this powder is neither. If I use it lightly as a day powder, it still looks makeupy and powdery and it doesn't give enough coverage for nighttime. To be fair, I have very sensitive skin and this hasn't made my skin react at all, lasts a long time, and love the high spf for summer. I think i'm going to use it up for when i'm outside and not really trying to impress anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by aerislina

I've bought three times over the last six years. That's how amazing it is!

PROS: Takes away the shine. Even when you're dripping sweat at the club. I don't understand how, but it does.
    -Has SPF.

CONS: The spf screws you over with the flash. Makes you look ghostly white on camera. But I've learned to just use this product when I know I'm not going to be under the camera, so this really doesn't bother me anymore.

Overall, amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by thelondongirl

love all shiseido products.i dont know why i even try other brands i always come back to shiseido.Great for asian skin!this product is brilliant like all shiseido products.covers all acne n scars without looking too cakey.lovve

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by k7ho

I have asian skin with a pink undertone. Got this because it had good reviews and I REALLY needed a facial product with high SFP. The price is not cheap, about $45 CAD with the case + Tax...
    Coverage is quite good, but it does look powdery on my face with a light application using my make up brush. I have dry skin to begin with and it would accentuate the dry patches. My skin looks even from afar but not so much close up. After a day of work (about 10 hrs from first application) it does oil up on my face and definitely to break me out.
    Therefore I can't use this as often as I'd like. Won't be able to count on this product as my daily routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As a foundation, it's very buildable, and I love it for the high spf. However, I find that it looks a bit too powdery on my face, but I can make it work if I moisturize and blend very well. You have to buy the blue case separately from the actual foundation, so that was a little weird, but if I ever repurchase I will save some money I guess. The sponge that comes with it is good, but I still don't really use it because...I just prefer my kabuki. I find that it also keeps my T-zone from getting too shiny, so overall, I like it very much for summer because 1. no need for more sunscreen! I hate putting sunscreen on my face. and 2. controls oil!! =)

EDIT/UPDATE: NOOOOOOO!!! this breaks me out...I used it for about two weeks and now my face is worse than it has been in like ten months. Yikes, be careful if you're prone to breakouts! Sigh...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by xt73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe it took me this long to write a review for this. I wore this exclusively as my sunscreen on a trip to the Cayman Islands last year and it was fabulous. First of all, I didn't get sunburned. Second of all, it gave me a natural matte (yet still dewy) look. The compact is easy to take to the beach, and easy to reapply. It isn't going to spill in your beach bag, and even has a mirror. I actually like that the sponge is in a separate compartment. Seems more hygienic. Also keeps the mirror from getting schmutz on it. This is a great one step product when you are on vacation. You don't have to bother with sunscreen AND foundation. (May I also recommends Tarte's 24/7 lip sheers...Also great for same reason. Sun protection + color in one step. I also used this on my vacation.)
    It tends to do really well in hot humid climates. I did notice that I get a bit oily on my nose near the end of the day, but that happens with just about anything I put on my face. Didn't seem to cause acne/breakouts though.
    Feels very soft when applied.
    It matches my color perfectly, but I have yellow undertones. Has a relatively limited color selection, so you might have some difficulty if you are really pink.
    Also may look flaky if you are really dry, but also would be try for any powder foundation. Also can transfer if you brush your face with clothing.
    Overall though, I do love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by beibeilei

I LOVE this powder foundation!! I have been using it for a few years now and nothing can compare. Every time I use this, I get many compliments on my porcelain and flawless skin. It's so natural most people don't know I am using foundation. A one step finish for high SPF sunscreen and foundation! The finishing look is beautiful~ once the foundation sets in with the natural oils on your skin, it looks even better! The bright blue case is small and very convenient. It has a mirror and a separate compartment for the sponge that comes with the refill foundation. The sponge is great for both application and touch up. This is a great product!! For the few years I've been using this..I have not had one complaint.