April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Treatments - Aussie - New 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my bottle it says it's a new formula with aloe vera? It smells like pink bubblegum and makes my hair really soft. I like that you only have to leave it in for 3 minutes and it does it's job. I also really like the bottle, no cap just squeeze it and the product will come out, very convenient in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by vikavi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is the only treatment that makes my hair so soft, unbelievable! I tried Redken (soft), Kerastase, L'oreal Pro, Tigi (dumb blond), ok like million drug store conditioners and masks, nothing ever made my hair so soft to touch and manageable and nourished, and also my main problem is frizzy hair, so this mask really does the miracle, my hair never looked that good!!!! shiny and healthy! I use this mask everytime i wash my hair with Aussie moist shampoo! By the way the shampoo by itself is nothing really special, but also good for cleansing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

LOVE THIS BABY!
My hair is asian,long and thick and I always color it so it needs a bit of maintenance. After I wash my hair with shampoo I love to use this afterwards and leave it in while I'm showering my body.. it helps my hair detangle while I work it in and I can feel the result in an instant, thats what I love about it.
It has a refreshing smell to it and really gives me smoother,softer hair. It has like a waxy texture to it and you really need to work it into your hair.
Highly recommended for those with thick and dry hair!
UPDATE: They changed the formula and scent and is not as thick and rich anymore. So I minused 2 lippies for that since it doens't work as well for my hair anymore. And I wouldn't repurchase it anymore either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually buy higher quality hair treatments but the Aussie reconstructive treatment leaves my hair feeling lovely and soft and the delicious peachy smells it leaves is amazing.
I usually leave all hair treatments on for about 10 minutes and section my hair and apply it roots to tips to get the best coverage and rinse with warm water.
This is a great substitute for a salon treatment if you dont have the sort of money to spend on one, and unlike a real protein treatment you can use this every time you wash but your hair may feel a little heavy if the texture is fine, in that case i would recommend the 'light' version of this treatment that aussi bought out a while back, I've personally tried it and it works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by starlette17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product! I'm so happy I picked this up, this is the new (?) version of the 3 Minute Miracle conditioner. This with the combination of Macadamia oil has made my hair 10 times softer and more manageable! I don't have extremely dry hair but my hair has been through alot of coloring and thermal usage, A lot of shampoos/conditioners don't seem to provide enough conditioning for me, even the expensive salon formulas! First off this smells amazing - WOW, and once I rinsed it out after 3 minutes, my hair felt so much better! After using some macadamia oil and Aveda's volumizing tonic , I blow dried my hair and I was so impressed with the softness and bounce my hair had! I love this product and I will probably continue to use a few times a week.. and by the way I got this on sale @ Target for under $3! Can't beat it. Highly recommend, and if you hate it - you only wasted a few dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Florettaxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product - it makes my frizz prone hair soft and managable. I am completely in love with the smell, which is totally lush and will continue to buy this fab product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ChaarlieKatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have given this a 4 as it think this is such a good product for the price you pay. i usualy buy professional products alternating between joico k-pak and redken all soft and treatments of the same quality obviously this doesnt compaire to the more expensive products but its still a good product for a good price! i will apply this to damp hair theen sleep with it on over night (wear a shower cap) to give it more chance to penertrate then i will wash it out the next day and it does make my hair feel very soft and conditioned!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by AliciaHT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is dry and damaged to the point of breakage (due to being a bleach blonde!) so, obviously, nourishing it and keeping it soft and smooth is a tough job. I wasn't expecting wonders from this product, but I did expect it to be more effective than my usual conditioner.

It's a nice enough product, I loved the smell and the convenient packaging, but as a treatment it didn't do much and made no difference to my problems with dryness and damage.

I have now moved onto using a Pureology masque, which I feel is better suited to treating my hair woes, and am extremely pleased with the results. I believe that it's worth paying more for a better quality product if you need it. However, my hair is an extreme case so I think that people with less dry and damaged hair may get on well with this product, I just have reservations about how much of a 'miracle' it is!

NB: I second the review below about using a conditioner after rinsing this off. This is a reconstructing treatment and if used on it's own, instead of a conditioner, is likely to leave your hair feeling dry. I also agree that 3 minutes is not enough time for the product to penetrate the hair. It would be helpful if Aussie gave more detailed usage instructions!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a weekly deep conditioning treatment I rather like this, but as a three minute miracle cure? Not so much.

If you have hair that is about as dry as Sahara, do pick up a bottle of this on your way home and the moment you step through that front door wet your hair and apply a generous amount of this and wrap it up in a towel or something. Let it be for an hour or two like that, then wash it out and follow with your ordinary conditioner. Used like this, it is a marvel in a bottle. It leaves my hair so soft, and moisturised, and well behaved, and easy to style. Oh, and so shiny and healthy and bouncy and full of volume. The problem is, you really do need to follow it up with some kind of conditioner that gives a bit of slip to your hair or you will end up with hair that is sort of...not dry, nor exactly sticky, but more like...rubbery. I guess that is the best way to describe it. Rubbery. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does. Mainly when I use lukewarm water to wash it out with. With warm water, it seems to give better results.

As a three minute cure? Worthless. Literally. The oils in it does not have time to do their magic in so little time. Nor does it coat your hair in slippery goodness, to at least fake it. No. It is just washing money down the drain using it like this, especially on tailbone length, fine hair that needs a lot of it.

So, as a deep treatment to give back shine and moisture I do recommend this. Just remember to wash it out with warm, almost hot water, and to follow up with a lighter conditioner afterwards to give your hair some slip so you can brush it. Don't buy it as a three minute miracle cure...for that, you generally do need something that is very heavy on the silicones instead.

Price wise it is on the expensive side for what it is and the result. Some pure safflower and jojoba oil pretty much works the same, put a few drops of your favourite oil based perfume into the oil mixture and voila. Much cheaper. Though, I find this does not weigh my hair down as much as a real deep oil treatment can.

As for the packaging, I find it annoying it does not have a proper cap, but rather a rubber lined hole through which the product is squeezed. Since I use this only once a week, if even that, I would like something that really shuts securely. Plus, I tend to prefer tubs of some reason for deep hair treatments. Mainly because it is easier to get every last ounce out of them.

On a parting sidenote, this smells SO NICE. Really nice and sweet. And the scent lingers and lingers and lingers until I wash my hair again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I absolutely adore this product -
1) It smells divince
2) The consistency is nice and creamy without too much water which makes application a dream
3) After using this, my hair feels incredible. Absolutely incredible - my hair feels bouncy because it's incredibly clean at the roots, and the roots of my hair are nicely covered.

I will continue to repurchase this over and over. For the price? It's ridiculously worth it!