October 23, 2014 | 1474 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately for me, my skin is very light and I have a very hard time finding foundations that not only match my skin tone but work well. I was using L'Oreal's True Match liquid foundation, as I had been since the True Match line came out and I actually found a foundation light enough for me. But it's heavy, cakey, and a pain to apply. So I finally went shopping for something new.

Initially, this felt wonderful on my skin; it applied smoothly and very easily, and unlike my old foundation, it felt very light and perfect for summer. The porcelain wasn't really porcelain, however, and it was too dark for my skin, but it blended so well that I tried sticking with it as it wasn't obvious to people unless I pointed it out. It does tend to sink into fine lines after a while and make them more prominent (and I'm 19 so that really shouldn't be a problem, but alas). The real problem with this is that it made my skin, which is dry and not even remotely acne-prone, break out, and it really didn't look so great after what it did to my skin. For that reason, I really wouldn't recommend using this unless they change their formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Looks wonderful when you initially apply the foundation, and remains OK throughout the day IF you are careful.

Does tend to wear off around the chin area (for me), so beware if you have oily skin. I find this sits on top of the skin and tends to slip off easily if you aren't careful.

I cannot be one hundred percent certain, but I am pretty sure this has worsened my acne-prone skin!

I like the tub it comes in. You don't need heaps of product and you can just dip your brush in. It is also fairly cheap.

I love the idea of this product being a mousse, but it needs improvements - needs to stay on the skin better and less chemicals which cause breakouts would be lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by taylor5841

I can't say enough good things about this foundation. It is the only foundation I have used that even after an entire night of wear, looked the same way as it did when I put it on. I used the elf mineral infused primer underneath, which also may have had something do with it. I also am a fan of the packaging because it is very difficult to take out too much product. I was previously using the rimmel stay matte foundation and on occasion the squeeze tube would let out way too much product which would result in a lot wasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by HildurK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With the right brush I really like this product. I use a dense, round top foundation brush. I have acne-prone and oily skin and this covers it very vell. It stays on for a long time and when/if it weara off it wears off quite nicely, not patchy.

Just to be clear, at first I hated it. That was when I used my fingertips or a softer foundation- brush to apply it, BUT with the right brush I LOVE it! :)

Will definetly recomend it and I will buy it again when I run out. The price is also good and the packaging is neat :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the texture of this foundation. I found that this foundation sits on top of the skin causing it to smear around even with setting powder. I find it very heavy too. I do like how it kept me matte for a good 4 hours and the coverage is medium. If you hate the feeling of heavy make up; you won't like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by blissfulbeachbum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging and price were both fine, but I would sadly not buy this again. I say "sadly" because it looks beautiful when you apply it. The texture is gorgeous, but it makes your skin look terrible within 24 hours of using it. I normally have very clear skin and rarely break out. Within 24 hours of putting this one, even if only for a couple of hours before washing my face, I know without a doubt I will wake up with large, painful bumps under my skin. It has left my skin so bad that I have giant, red, bleeding spots on my face. Not worth the temporary gorgeousness.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Bad foundation. Offers very little coverage and goes on very dry. i have combo skin and so find that my tzone is oily but even that oil did not come through this dry foundation. bought it because of so many rave reviews. this would suit people who don't want any real coverage on their face, i have good skin, no acne or pock marks but i do like coverage, this just didn't give me that. the jar its in is actually deceptively small, so for the price, its not a great bargain. i found the colour to be quite orange, which was not a good look for my pale skin. i purchased the lightest shade but it really did nothing for me, jus made me look orange instead of pale and dried out instead of hydrated, do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Napkep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Light and Fluffy but provides no real coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My go-to foundation. Hides acne scars, imperfections and definitely evens out the skin tone. Looks flawless. Been wearing this foundation for years now. Don't even want to try anything else. Recommend to anyone with fairly oily skin like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Hollylolly123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good but a little pricey