Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 1/8/2015 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I quite like this foundation. I have alright skin so I never really use foundation, at most it is usually concealer + powder. I recently purchased this thinking it would be horrible but for it's price it was pretty good. It comes out quite airy and thin, hence the name. It is not great for people with spots since it does not seem to conceal marks fully, however if you want a light coverage, this is good for you. In terms of application, it is a bit awkward. At first I would scoop it with my fingers like one would with body butter, however it got messy. In the end I resorted to using a stippling brush and it worked wonders. I am not saying this product is a miracle product, it is just good/handy for those who don't have many marks. I would purchase it again as it is good for it's price. It does not make your face oily/dry/breakout either. I usually do not use Maybelline, this though is an exception.

on 1/6/2015 11:37:00 PM

I have used this for years. I got hooked when I ran out of Mac liquid foundation. It's a full coverage foundation. Best when used with a light primer and allowed to dry and set before bronzed or blush. Dries to a wonderful matte finish. It's great on my combo skin, does not become cakey or powdery.

on 1/2/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I know some people like this foundation but please stop using it if you see this. This foundation contains parabens which can cause breast cancer... Not worth to risk it. Besides this foundation is a nightmare. This looks perfectly fine just after application with fingers, but after an hour this looks super cakey and dries my skin out while leaving a weird layer of grease on top of my skin. I have used this using a brush and everyone knows brushes are a big nay nay for this crap. I was trying to like this because I liked the mousse texture so I used it for 3-4 times and one third of the product has gone... It's actually very expensive for the price. I chucked this away after reading reviews saying about the parbens.

on 12/30/2014 1:16:00 PM

This is the foundation, that gave me nightmares about liquid/creamy foundations. Used this when I was really inexperienced with makeup. I've used it over some months, as it had thick texture. I had a lot of acne so I just wanted to cover it. It looked terrible. Cheap and not recommended.

on 12/30/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I find it very awkward to apply this foundation because it comes in a small pot and has a very soft mousse texture. Its easier for me to apply it using my fingers and I don't like doing this because its very messy. I tried using a brush but it made me look like I had just smeared it all over. It has light to medium coverage and it leaves a smooth matte finish.It made me break out horribly when I used it twice. My skin is extremely sensitive so I immediately stopped using it after the break outs. On the positive, it is very light and airy and it feels like you have nothing on your skin and the price is reasonable as well.

on 12/28/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after wearing liquid foundation for years. i'm 65. tried it yesterday and HATE it. it's flaky and dry, looks like I immersed my face in powder after applying moisturizer. had to rub most off w tissue before leaving the house.

its dry and flakey, turns orange. gross

on 12/23/2014 10:34:00 PM

At first, I was in love with this product because it's easy to apply and has a nice airbrushed look but after a few days, I noticed that it clogs my pores and makes my skin flaky and makes my nose super oily. And I had to keep on reapplying it because it doesn't last long. Now I'm having a hard time finishing this pot

on 12/22/2014 3:45:00 AM

I have been wearing this foundation, on and off, for a few years. At the beginning I absolutely loved it, as it evened out and mattified my skin beautifully. But as I am getting older, my skin type is changing. Now, it is dry around the edges, especially in the winter. I still really like the consistency and the feel of this foundation, but I avoid it in the winter as it shows up my dry patches and IMO makes them worse. My preferred method of wear: over a moisturiser and a primer, applied with fingers (I find if I use a foundation brush, I end up smoothing it over with my fingers anyway).

on 12/19/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate this foundation. It clogs your poors and oxidizes like whoa.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera