Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 3/20/2015 3:41:00 AM

I have been struggling to find the right foundation. Never thought it would be Maybelline. But, so far, this seems to be working just fine!! Even better is the price sticker!!

PROS- This shade blends into my skin pretty flawlessly. I am NC15-NC20 and I got the shade Creamy Natural (Light 5). Blends really well and feels so nice on my skin, makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom!! Seems to cover blemishes really well and smooths out pores. Does not "erase" pores (nothing really does, does it..?) but definitely smooths them out and makes them look 'less' in appearance. For me, this does not 'break down' or turn funny colors (oxidize) or make me look oily nor dry. If there is any scent, I do not detect it, and my nose (and skin) can be pretty sensitive. So far, no breakouts with this, either. YAY!!!

CONS-The packaging. While this does feel nice in the hands and is compact, I am just not a fan of dipping my fingers or brush into the product itself. I guess it might be hard to put this into a pump bottle..? I don't know, just not a fan of the foundation-pot-application. Also, I did have some very slight itching in a couple of spots the first day I wore this. Again, my skin is very sensitive, so there is that. But I have not had any breakouts yet from this (and will certainly update if I do, or if anything changes).

As always, when I test a product, I test it on it's own. I tested this for 3 days, each day wearing this alone, no blush, no powder, no primer, nothing. I like to see how my skin will truly react to a product and how well it performs on it's own. All in all, I quite like this. I never would have thought to try Maybelline, but my mom used to use Maybelline, and being sentimental, and had been hearing some good reviews on this (from friends and local people here, not online), I figured why not give it a shot..? So far I have been pleasantly surprised!! The past few months have been a a bit of a struggle trying to find the 'right' foundation, as I have been told by many that I have oily or oily/combo skin, yet about 8 foundations (both HE and DS) I have tried give me alligator-scale nose and cling to my dry patches yet still would often make my forehead a shiny oily mess mid-day. This seems to, so far, keep my skin 'in-check' and not do any of that 'bad' stuff. I do want to investigate to see if there is some recommended way to store these, as I have a bit of a feeling these might dry out fast. So, there again, the packaging comes into play. I am okay enough completely washing my hands before and after using this, but there is just that one little 'quirk'. Still, so far this has been 5-stars. Will definitely post back with any updates. Which, for me, will just be personal, as my skin has just been wonky lately. But so far, very pleased and very pleasantly surprised by this!!!

on 3/11/2015 4:32:00 AM

This is my favorite drugstore foundation I've used so far. I apply it with my real techniques complexion sponge and they work great together! It feels light but still covers what I need covered.

on 3/9/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation for my graduation since I wanted to do my own makeup. When applied initially, the shade I got matched my skin. But as the event went by, it oxidized on me and turned too dark. I didn't mind it at all since it gave me a flawless finish hence my blemishes and break outs. But then I got oily for after 4-5 hrs. As to not waste the product, I tried using it everyday and boy, was that the wrong decision I made. My blemishes and break outs got worse so I stopped using it.

on 3/5/2015 8:35:00 AM

I am on the fence with this mousse. I am approaching 50 and I love mousse makeup mainly due to the texture and buildable coverage ability. My favorite brand was discontinued and I came upon this one. The package is deceiving. The jar seems to contain enough for about a week but there is plenty in the little jar to justify the price. I am very fair so I chose the lightest color available. Most of the available shades have pink undertones but this works well for me. If you have no pink undertones, stay away from this. YOU MUST HAVE EXFOLIATED SKIN TO USE THIS PRODUCT SUCCESSFULLY!! This is a must because the mousse formula will show every flake and dry patch you have. It will also settle into any line or crease. I exfoliate twice a week and have regular spa facials. If I did not there is no way I could use this. I also use moisturizer about a half hour before I use it in the morning so using it to dash out the door may be risky. Overall, it performs well. It lasts all day for me when I use translucent powder and setting spray on top of it. It does have a funny smell but that may just be noticeable to me. I will repurchase this but I also have other foundations to use when I am in a hurry or when my skin is a little darker in the summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

One word: BUH-BYE. first of all, this is about as matte as a foundation could get. I don't enjoy having to do a full face for everyday, just some foundation, powder, blush and some mascara. WITH THIS, you look like a corpse. It literally makes the colour and dimension in ones face disappear, so if you wear this you're gonna have to contour, highlight ... Etc. Colours are deceiving, they're a lot more orange / pink and dark then they look like based on the cap. In my opinion, this product is awful. It has good coverage but I mean that's what masks do. It will cling to ANY dry spots, dry spots you didn't know you had, it cakes up around the nose (I even exfoliated) AND it accentuates your pours... Awful. Needless to say if Maybelline discontinues this I will not be depressed at all.

on 2/27/2015 4:49:00 AM

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it!
It's so thick, it felt like I was spreading peanut butter on my face. I tried applying it with a foundation brush, a stippling brush, a fluffy brush, a sponge, a beauty blender and my fingers...nothing made a difference. No matter how little product I used or how well I blended it, it always ended up looking like I was wearing a mask. Which again, I think is down to how thick the product is. It's not a "breathable" foundation either. Once it's on, it feels very heavy and sluggish and gross. It transfers onto everything it touches too...I set it with powder and a setting spray, and it still ended up on my clothes, in my hair and on my husband's face. The range of shades at a first glance is very good, but they all have a very orange/pink undertone which is no good for people with very pale, almost translucent skin like me. Even the lightest shade is 3 or 4 shades too dark for me. The packaging is good, and the amount of product you get for your money is very good, but that's totally irrelevant for me because I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

the color I got was a bit dark for me so I used it as a contour. It's thick and I have sensitive skin so even if it's the right color I prob won't use it as a foundation

on 2/23/2015 4:55:00 PM

Great even coverage that lasts all day. Good value for money. My only critic would be the packaging. I'm a lover of my false nails and the pot is small so you're better to apply foundation with a brush instead of your fingertips!!

on 2/21/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love the coverage and texture makes me look flawless & the foundation lasts all day

on 2/18/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this in dark 3 since I was 14. So 9 almost 10 years. I still use it until this day.Lasts a long time and one of the only foundations I can find in my exact skin color.