November 28, 2014 | 987 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by flo1790

I bought this cleanser in my search for a cheap and effective alternative to Proactiv (too expensive and never really cleared my skin completely). It was on sale for about $7.00, I believe, and I've used other Biore products before which usually works for me. However, I have never tried any of their cleansers so I thought I'd give this one a shot. I have really oily skin so when I saw this product and read "Removes 99% of dirt and oil for clear skin" I was instantly sold. Plus, the "ice" part intrigued me.

When I first started using it, I was instantly amazed. So elated at the thought that I finally found a cheap and effective way to combat my seemingly never-ending battle with acne. I had to get used to the 'non-scrubbing' texture of this cleanser as I got really used to the beady and scrubbing feel of the Proactiv cleanser, but it was not really a concern. I really loved that cool feeling it leaves on my skin even after I washed it off. It was refreshing. Plus, it left my skin looking and feeling clean. Within a week, I noticed my complexion clearing and I could not be more excited with the results. The blemishes on my cheeks, which seemed to have been there forever, were finally fading. Furthermore, like others have stated, it does have a drying effect which I initially thought was a plus on my situation since I have incredibly oily skin. I noticed my skin got less and less oily but not to the point of being too dry. It just felt right, like everything is in perfect balance - not too oily, not too dry. Plus, I would apply moisturizer afterwards so it wouldn't get too dry. So I kept using it and my family started noticing the positive change on my skin. I thought it was too good to be true, after all these years I finally found the ONE! ...or so I thought.

So within about 3 weeks of using it, I noticed that my jawline area started getting itchy but I didn't really bother with it. At this point, my younger sister also started using the cleanser after seeing how it's working for me. She has normal skin with some occasional breakouts...not as bad as mine. I warned her that it could be really drying so she decided to only use it once or twice a week. So as days passed my jawline just kept getting more and more itchy then I started feeling some small bumps appear, but visually, my skin still looks great so I just kept continuing with my routine. Then one day my younger sister came to me and asked me if the red patches on her forehead and on the sides of her nose are noticeable, they were faint red in colour and she described them as "a little itchy". After a few days the patches got redder and bigger and more itchy... we just thought it was some allergic reaction since it's the fall season. But just to be safe, I told her to stop using the Biore cleanser and see if it makes a difference. It did. The redness was gone and she told me she would never use the cleanser again. She advised me to stop using it too. But I continued. Then out of nowhere I just realized my whole jawline is now covered with pimples and dark spots. What I found interesting was that, it was localized. The problem was just on my jawline. My cheeks, which are my usual problem areas were left clear. I also started getting some whiteheads on my forehead but it's not as bad as what's happening with my jaw area which was never really my problem area. I just thought it was a 'phase' as my skin has been reacting so well to this cleanser before this and I haven't really been using it for that long so I just kept continuing hoping it would get better. But it didn't. My jawline was still really itchy and I kept breaking out. My sister had to force me to stop using the cleanser. I didn't want to. I kept holding on to the idea that my skin could look so great just like it did when I first started using the Biore cleanser and that this is just a phase. However, I did eventually stop using it. I couldn't take the itchiness on my jawline and it just kept getting worse. I didn't have any redness like my sister. It was just itchy. I think the cleanser ended up excessively drying my once so oily skin. I also started noticing that after a while that coolness effect, which I loved, wasn't there anymore. So sadly, this Biore cleanser gave me so much hope only to crush it in the end.

***Also, I found out that BHT, Paraben and Parfum are some of the ingredients in this Biore cleanser which according to David Suzuki Foundation are some of the many harmful chemicals usually used in cosmetics. So now, I am opting for more natural products which hopefully works!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by holiholden

It's good for people with oily skin. It might be slightly drying at times, but using oil free moisturizer afterwards helps and its a great daily routine that has kept my skin clear. Leaving the product on for two minutes at least helps too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by beautyybabee

This is probably the WORST face cleansing product I've ever tried! This broke me out so bad, I think that it was the WORST I have ever broken out. This is yes, very refreshing after you wash it off your face, but other than that, its horrible. Not only did this product break me out, but it left weird dry spots all around my face! Be warned, if you purchase this product, make sure to put on some kind of moisturizer on afterwards!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser had help decreased the amount of blackhead and enlarge pores on and around my nose. I have had blackhead for years and they are so deep, even when I went to the skin specialist to extract it, they say its difficult to get them and I need regular session. However ever since I started using this cleanser, I noticed my pore is cleaner and smaller, and the amount of blackhead had decrease significantly. I bought this a year ago and the first time I used it, my skin burned!!!! 2 weeks ago I was suffering from some hormonal breakout so I decided to reuse it again to check if I'm really sensitive to salicylic acid. When I just use it straight on my skin, it doesn't lather very well, kinda thick and doesn't rinse well, kind of irritate my skin and make them feel dry. However, since I switched to using the Japanese foaming method, it had helped my skin improved dramatically. I put a little cleanser in my hand, add a little water and rub my hand until foam are created. Then put all the foam at my fingertip and lightly massage it on the skin. It feel very light, there is a slight tingle but not as irritating, and it rinse very well. I was also using a 1% SA spot treatment and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide to treat my acne spots, so I can't attest to its acne fighting power, but my skin seem to drink up the serum and moisturizer very well after using this. Btw, I have dry-normal skin and cleanser dry my skin quite easily. I hate squeaky clean feeling but this product make me feel just enough clean-ness. And I have some sensitivity to acid based product, hence the initial burn, but I guess in bubble form, it doesn't irritate my skin as much. I hope that help

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

The only reason this product didn't get a 1 is because I liked the cooling sensation it left, that's it. This cleanser clogged my (not so big) pores and left little whiteheads all over my face. I'm going back to my clean&clear cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kileyw

I used Proactive for YEARS: from my mid-teens to my mid-twenties but it never completely cleared up my skin. When I was 24, my skin broke out worse than it ever was in high school - severe adult acne sucks so bad. I promptly went off Proactive, and after trying a few other products, I began using this cleanser. I've been using it for almost 4 years now and my skin has never, ever been clearer. I still get a few minor spots, but I no longer get cystic acne or those breakouts that are very deep and create massive red bumps.

I love this product, and it's one of my holy grail items. However, I do use this along with a few other items that I attribute to clearing up my oily and acne-prone skin. I didn't love the 'ice' sensation at first but you don't notice it after using it for a while, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all.

The bottle can last several months as long as you don't use a full pump each time; a partial pump is more than enough. This usually costs about $10 at drugstores in Canada, and a little cheaper at Walmart. They changed the packaging so it's no longer the light green colour in the photo, it's the white version in the 3rd photo.

I highly recommend this if you're working to clear up your skin. It's gentle, affordable, and it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by jamie1172008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this, it was amazing. It helped to clear up a lot of acne I had on my face. A few months ago, I revisited this cleanser and noticed that the appearance of the cleanser had changed. I had difficulty trying to open it so I had to pour it in another bottle. Anyway, when I used it this last time I noticed that it didn't make my acne dissappear; instead, it brought out more pimples! I don't know what happened. I think it's because the last time I used it, I was in high school. But now that I am in early 20s, it doesn't do anything for my skin. I guess some people are right; the stuff that was effective when you were a teenager may not be as effective when you get older. So, I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by x0jadore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this cleanser. the icy feeling after applying it is amazing! feels very refreshing. i still get the occasional breakout and this cleanser does dry out my skin a bit, but i just put on moisturizer afterwards anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

I used this cleanser for years to clear up my acne-prone skin and I can attest to the fact that it's a really nice, reliable product. It's a clear gel with a light, barely-there scent that never irritated my sensitive skin. The cleanser foams easily, too.

What makes this cleanser so special is the sensation it creates when you apply it. It really does make your skin feel icy cold, which is seriously the best feeling ever in the summer. Every time I rinse it off and dry my face, my face feels incredibly fresh and clean, completely devoid of grease.

Personally, with my combination skin, I cannot use this everyday and especially not in the winter, otherwise it would dry my face out. If you have oily skin, I suspect this could be a miracle product for you, but I find that it leaves my face too dry if I use it daily.

Regardless, I still return to this product when I'm having a bad breakout or my face is particularly sweaty and oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Hshariff

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!

I bought this face wash on a whim whilst doing some grocery shopping, that night I gave it a try and woke up with the WORST SKIN EVER! my skin is sore, burnt and itches sooo much also this has left my skin in white spots everywhere. I will never be using this product again and have never felt so depressed about my skin before this has left it very red,sore and blistered.