April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Treatments - Qtica - Natural Nail Growth Stimulator

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by erickas

so...after suffering for months with peeling, breaking nails and trying several treatments to no avail, I caved and bought Qtica (was kinda pricey)...I used this product several years ago and know I remember why I love it ! Saw a huge difference the strength and overall condition of my nails in a fairly short time (2weeks)! Will continue using this product and highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit to add: I think this may be helping to make my nails stronger I have definitely noticed that my nails are growing faster as I am filing them on an almost daily basis to keep them super short, but - back to strength - it's hard to tell as no matter how thinly I apply this product (even with only 1 coat) it peels within 1 day. I tried to seal this with different top coats, but it still peels (still within 24h). I've tried just normal polish & it doesn't peel - so one must assume it's the Qtica product (I just polished & topcoated as usual minus the Qtica).

I just got this today so I will update my review later. Initial thoughts: I wish this had a wider brush like OPI, agree that the wide cylindrical top is a bit cumbersome.

INGREDIENTS: Ethyl Acetate, SD480B Alcohol/Butyl Acetate, Propyl AcetateIsopropyl Alcohol, NitrocelluloseDibutyl Phthalate, PolyvinylButyral, Water(aqua), Tosylamidel, DI Camphor, Benzophenone-1, TriphenylPhosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Garlic Extract, D & C Violet #2.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this strengthener for about 15 years now. As a kid obsessed with nails, I snuck my moms bottle and used it on myself. Now I use it on my nail clients who have troubled nails and on myself to keep my own nails healthy and strong. As a manicurist and esthetician, my nails take a beating every day, being in water, nicking them with the eFile and foot file, and constantly using polish remover. Not to mention opening boxes of product for the store!

Without Qtica NNGS and Qtica cuticle cream, my nails would be in shreds.

I took off a lippie for the packaging because I hate that big cylindrical top and find it unwieldy to use. I buy the pro-sized refill and dispense into a little square bottle to get around this, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I had lovely nails as a girl but my poor nails are suffering badly this winter, dry, dehyrdrated, and peeling. I was talked into this product at a local spa, along with their cuticle conditioning cream. The kit cost me about $24 Cdn. with the 25% off. I notice the product is made by the same people who make Zoya which I love. This clearcoat is meant to be used every 2-3 days. You can put polish on top but I don't. Every 10 days or so, you are supposed to take everything off and start again (get rid of the buildup). So far, this is an amazing product that is doing everything it claims. Nails are harder, growing, and not peeling apart. I also like the cuticle cream as well as another product from another company called Solar Oil. Money put into these items is much better spent than on acrylics/gels which just ruin your nails and cost more in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I have a huge problem with my nails, they never grow and split and peel. A few years ago I stumbled on Nail Envy and it was a revelation to me, I had gloriously long strong nails that people commented on believing they were false, I had to cut them, they grew so long. Then something happened and Nail Envy stopped working for me, it just peeled off my nails and without the protection my nails reverted back to type, splitting and peeling. I kept persevering with Nail Envy and even tried Chip and Skip which worked for a while, but no joy.
I bought Qtica because I love the cuticle cream and the nail growth stimulator had such rave reviews. It's hard to track down in the UK but I managed to get a tiny 7ml bottle. And I'm very impressed. It is quite a bit thinner in texture than other nail strengtheners I've tried, and it does peel off my nails, but my nails remain strong underneath - as I am typing this the tips are getting in the way (woooo hoooo!)- and don't split or peel. It also seems to make the white tips whiter which is a bonus.
I've taken a lippie off because the brush is dreadful, but maybe that is because it is a small bottle. A definate repurchase.........until next month when I try something else probably!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kaboodall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product......I actually LOVE the cuticle cream, the intense hand moisturizer and there is another lotion. All these Qtica products are amazing! I also found a website that sells the Qtica products for a decent price........a lot cheaper than Ulta! It is: http://www.discountbeautycenter.com/search.asp?brand=&search_text=qtica

Enjoy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by cmzimme

I am convinced this product is the very best nail product on the face of the earth. Here is my story. I travel alot and live in Michigan where the climate is cold. My nails take a beating all the time. Qtica growth stimulator, which I apply each day, strengthens my nails to the point I could probably hurt somebody. My nails look fabulous and are very strong. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write this review. I have been using Qtica growth stimulator for about ten years. And, don't let your nail tech tell you that Opi and Creative Nail are better. I tried both and Qtica still wins hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I bought this a while ago used it a few times and then forgot about it. But after reading about it on the Nail Board I dug it out to try again because A) I needed a basecoat and B) my nails were at their absolute worse. Well, after a week of having this on I noticed my nails, which I had to file down to nothing, were growing and there was enough white to consider a French manicure. Maybe this stuff does work. I'm into my third week and my nails look the best they've looked in a long time. They're just past my tips, they're all the same length and none are peeling or chipping yet. This is a good sign. Pretty pricey bottle of polish, but when it works and does what it says it will, I don't mind paying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 2:22:00 AM More reviews by kearston

I love this! I actually bought this almost a year ago, but I rediscovered it last week while digging through my makeup drawer. Impulsively, I applied the Qtica and saw an immediate and dramatic difference in my nails. They were harder, super-shiny, and lovely. In fact, it looked like I'd just had a manicure despite the fact that it has been waaaaaay too long since I've treated myself to that. Great product that I intend to keep readily accessible, not shoved in a drawer. Definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by woobie772

I was not impressed with this product. It flaked off too easily, and I didn't se much improvement in my nails while I was using it. A better (and much cheaper) idea: Put some garlic cloves in a bottle of clear nail polish. It worked for my mother!