Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 3/14/2013 9:42:00 PM

What a hidden treasure! My neighbour recommended this to me after noticing my cuticles were so dry and the skin around my nails was sore and bleeding at times (gross I know)!
The first two nights I slathered this on and wore cotton gloves to bed and they were much better the very next day. Now I apply it throughout the day. It sinks in quick, isn't too overpowering smell wise and is easily applied with the applicator brush.
I've heard it helps your nail polish dry quicker but I haven't tried that yet.
I've been using my bottle like crazy and the product doesn't seem to be disappearing so I think it's great value for money.
Hope this helps.

on 2/8/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

How I wish I have know about this product much much earlier. It is almost like a miracle oil for my nails. I have toe nails that split in the middle and very brittle and flaky and after a couple of applications of solar oil, I have noticed that they have improved much. Hopefully, I will be able to grow longer toe nails. Huh, another thing it helps in drying up my
nail varnish instantly and now that pisses me off for wasting so much time in the past whenever I do my own manicure.

on 1/5/2013 10:32:00 AM

I have been using this nightly for the last week and a half. Absolutely no improvement in my cuticles or nails. I actually think they seem more dry than before. I also don't like using the brush/bottle application method, too messy.

on 12/3/2012 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this, like everyone, to make my cuticles less dry. For some reason, I don't like the applicator (brush on), I'd rather just use like lotion and rub into my hands like vitamin E oil. Also, I think this may even make my cuticles look worse :(

on 10/25/2012 12:09:00 PM

I was a nail biter for 40+ years and then a little over a year ago decided enough was enough. My nails at that point were almost non-existant, but slowly they grew back. I was searching the web to find info on if the nail beds were ever going to grow back when I stumbled upon Solar Oil. It was recommended on the sites I was reading so I bought a bottle and have used it at least twice daily since. My nails have completely grown back and I probably have 90% of the nailbed back, they may not get any better, but the value of keeping my cuticles in great condition and the nails strong is worth the effort. By the way, I work on cars, weld, and am generally rough on my hands. Have never had a mani or pedi and never expect to, not a metro by any stretch, this is just good stuff.

on 10/20/2012 3:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i tried a sample size bottle of this cuticle oil and i loved it - plus it lasted for ages - so i invested in a larger bottle and use it every day and my cuticles - and manicures - have never looked better.

the oil seems reassuringly nourishing but light enough to soak in easily and has a lovely sweet almond smell.

a few times i've had nail polish peel off - especially the gel polish - and this is a great oil for restoring the shine to stripped nails.

I have to admit, I got two mini bottles as a gift over the years, but used none of them.
I put them all in my bathroom closet and forgot about them.
Until recently, I decided to do more for my nails and hands, which I neglected a little bit.
I did some research and came across the famous solar oil. I read a lot of articles and many nail designers like Sophy Robson and make-up gurus like Lisa Eldridge use this. Basically everyone of them has one bottle of solar oil on the nightstand ;-).
So, I rambled through my bathroom closet and found the two little bottles of solar oil.
I started to use the oil on a regular base overnight (having it on my the nightstand:-)) and found my cuticles and nails looking very nice while using this.
The oil is a clear oil with a hint of marzipan smell, that comes in a nail polish bottle with a brush cap. It is a little bit runny and thin, so you can easily massage it in. My nails and cuticles soak it in a few minutes and look very polished and healthy afterwards.
I also use it after painting my nails or toenails to make the cuticles look really good. Because any high end nail polish is wasted when your cuticles look dry and chipped.
You have to use it on a regular base, thatīs what makes it so hard for me.
Some people complain about the price, but I got this as a present. I found out that one mini bottle costs 4 Euros and a large bottle 16 Euros.
Thatīs pretty much when you consider, that the basical ingredient is almond oil, mixed with jojoba oil, rice bran oil and vitamin e.
To be honest, I think that the mini bottle lasts quite long and I donīt need much of the oil. Some people mix a similar combination of oils together, but Iīm not a diy-type when it comes to cosmetics.
So, yes, I think I would buy a mini bottle again. I tried some drugstore nail oils, but they never really convinced me and I got back to solar oil.
I recommend it, if youīre willing and able to pay the price.

on 8/1/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I apply this with the cuticle eraser before bed and at least once during the day. My cuticles look great. When I dont have the $ to treat myself I just use a teensy bit of Glytone body lotion and whatever lightweight oil I have.

on 7/29/2012 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Over the years I my sensitive skin has pretty much opted me out of most cosmetics so you won't see reviews from me on much of anything else unless it Oil of Olay. Solar Oil is something that the lady used to use to help dry my French Manicure Acrylic Nails but once I had to stop doing that I found that it helped my nails recover. After years of having acrylic nails my own nails were very thin and wavy in texture. I stopped having them applied about 10 years ago and my nails are still kind of rough on top but I continue to use the Solar Oil and they are much stronger and healthier. The product is something that I would recommend to anyone. Basically it is sweet almond oil but SAO is one of natures wonders. It relieve earache pain and soothes dry irritated skin and hair. It will do you proud on your nail. Let it soak in and then smooth it over the cuticles and rest of your hands. You will be amazed at the results. It is one of the few things that still remain from years of cosmetic use. Hey, I used to sell MK before my skin got to where it just didn't like any of it. Goat's milk soap and Oil of Olay are my beauty system these days with Gold Bond Ultra Healing and Solar Oil.

I wish I'd found this sooner! I bought three mini bottles on ebay for about 15 bucks. I leave one at work, one on my nightstand, and one in my nail kit. I've started just painting it liberally all over my nail and cuticle then trying to leave them alone for as long as I can handle (45 mins). Then I just rub it off but it's absorbed the good stuff by then. By doing this 2-3 times a day my nails have gotten so long and strong, and my cuticles are almost all healed. I will buy this forever! careful not to touch your hair or important papers during the "coating sink-in stage" though :) even my boyfriend noticed how nice my hands look!

Popular Treatments