Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 8/5/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Another HG from CND!
I purchased this 5 years ago, and didn't get the hype.
Fast forward to this year - dried out nails that with a painful vertical split past the quick, they broke off and had no bend in them. Eraser sorted my cuticles, but nails were still as above. The usuals weren't working - avoplex, Flexitol, L'occitane, LF and I returned to this in desperation. Luckily it's worked. I felt it absorb right from the 1st application. The vertical split has healed for the first time in 2 years and I've only had 1 broken nail in the 6 weeks I've been using. So this and eraser are now staples and my nails have been transformed from splitting, breaking with bleeding sore cuticles to actually quite nice. I use it 2x daily, and eraser 3x daily, with L'occitane shea hand cream 2x daily. It's such a relief not to have to hide my hands from people anymore.

Update Nov '13. Have found out I'm anaemic, so if your dryness is due to anaemia it may help. With continued use, this has also removed deep vertical ridges in my thumb nail that I've had for around 3 years.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

There are no words to explain my love for this product. I am a cuticle care freak and this is my holy grail. I have repurchased countless times. I have one in my bag, one at home, one at my boyfriends, one at my parents house, and several back ups in my drawer.
The smell is phenomenal and this is the most moisturising cuticle treatment that I have found.
It dries quickly and it not greasy. It dried nail polish too!
I will always love this and continue to buy it. No product will ever take its place.

on 5/10/2013 8:18:00 AM

I've been using this for less than a week and it's totally saved my ravaged cuticles. Amazing and worth the $.

on 3/27/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I started using this when I got Shellac(ed), I don't do Shellac any longer (destroyed my nails) but I continued to use for my routine nail care. I bought a refillable Brush Pen on www.sage.com and filled it with Solar Oil to use on the go. It's an expensive product when you consider it cost about $12 an ounce on AMAZON, which I found was the cheapest price. When I buy the refillable pen and put my own Solar Oil in it the total cost with shipping average $5.50 a pen, Sally Hansen sells a pen at Ulta for $7, and Sephora sells the pen for $12 !! So you can see the cost savings and it's Solar Oil in MY PENS which is a great product and smells good also.

on 3/15/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

What is it?
Jojoba & vegetable oil and perfume.

What does it do?

Claims are made that it will "hydrate and protect" your cuticles and "drive" nutrients deep within the nail bed.

yeah...the molecules are not small enough for that black magic F*ckery. There is only ONE oil that can do that: squalene.

Again, What is it?

Over priced vegetable oil.

What does it do?

Nothing.

Just use Vaseline and cotton gloves.
Or, go to your cupboard and slather on some olive oil. Much more effective in cost and results.
Stop falling for the hype.

on 3/14/2013 9:42:00 PM

What a hidden treasure! My neighbour recommended this to me after noticing my cuticles were so dry and the skin around my nails was sore and bleeding at times (gross I know)!
The first two nights I slathered this on and wore cotton gloves to bed and they were much better the very next day. Now I apply it throughout the day. It sinks in quick, isn't too overpowering smell wise and is easily applied with the applicator brush.
I've heard it helps your nail polish dry quicker but I haven't tried that yet.
I've been using my bottle like crazy and the product doesn't seem to be disappearing so I think it's great value for money.
Hope this helps.

on 2/8/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

How I wish I have know about this product much much earlier. It is almost like a miracle oil for my nails. I have toe nails that split in the middle and very brittle and flaky and after a couple of applications of solar oil, I have noticed that they have improved much. Hopefully, I will be able to grow longer toe nails. Huh, another thing it helps in drying up my
nail varnish instantly and now that pisses me off for wasting so much time in the past whenever I do my own manicure.

on 1/5/2013 10:32:00 AM

I have been using this nightly for the last week and a half. Absolutely no improvement in my cuticles or nails. I actually think they seem more dry than before. I also don't like using the brush/bottle application method, too messy.

on 12/3/2012 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this, like everyone, to make my cuticles less dry. For some reason, I don't like the applicator (brush on), I'd rather just use like lotion and rub into my hands like vitamin E oil. Also, I think this may even make my cuticles look worse :(

on 10/25/2012 12:09:00 PM

I was a nail biter for 40+ years and then a little over a year ago decided enough was enough. My nails at that point were almost non-existant, but slowly they grew back. I was searching the web to find info on if the nail beds were ever going to grow back when I stumbled upon Solar Oil. It was recommended on the sites I was reading so I bought a bottle and have used it at least twice daily since. My nails have completely grown back and I probably have 90% of the nailbed back, they may not get any better, but the value of keeping my cuticles in great condition and the nails strong is worth the effort. By the way, I work on cars, weld, and am generally rough on my hands. Have never had a mani or pedi and never expect to, not a metro by any stretch, this is just good stuff.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products