July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Other - MAC - Mixing Medium Water Based

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kerroppifreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

received this as a sample....love it! I mix it with my glitters I got from pure luxe and it makes them so pretty! and they last too! I used it as a glitter eyeliner and you can control the concentration of the glitter too so there's more glitter payoff! love this product and reasonably priced considering how versatile it is! only a drop is needed and I like the choice of premixing the glitters with the mixing medium so I have eyeliner that is ready for me! love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. It turns my pigments into gorgeous, long-lasting eyeliners. It also works great with eyeshadows that are gorgeous in the package, but dull on. This makes those blackened glitter colors really show up! For example, colors like MAC's Beauty Marked (blackened burgundy with red glitter) normally just look grey-black on. However, if you apply them with mixing medium them they come across as true to the package color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow!! I lovvvve this stuff. I never used a dry pigment-before I got this I would always dip my brush in water-and I thought that looked fine-until now-Mixing medium makes it look so much better-so vibrant. This is a staple in any girls collection who love mac pigments. Great tip : Is your fluidline drying out? Drop 1-2 drops of Mixing Medium Water Based and mix with a toothpick. Leave cap tightly closed overnight- use again next day..creamy fluidline again! What a hit =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ettebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this to mix with pigments! Dry pigments are yucky to me LOL :/ so this makes them much easier to work with and a pretty, dewey look! The only annoying thing is the little silver balls get stuck in the squeezy part and is hard to squeeze sometimes. But that is easy to fix. The bottle will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nionio

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've compared this to the Chanel's fluid iridescent eyeshadow. The mixing medium lasts longer without creasing. Plus, you can mix any color that you want. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KCarter897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I use it with every shadow I wear, and it wears all day without creasing or fading. It's only sold I guess at MAC Pro stores, but I have been lucky to find it on Ebay and haven't paid an arm and a leg. I think I will use this for years to come.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 1:04:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if u own pigments or loose shadows, u need to buy this. i don't know how i live so long without this. now, i can make any color liner i want and it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, I like mixing medium. It works wonderfully with any type of loose powder eyeshadow (such as MAC's very own pigments), but I've also been using it lately with Stila's All-Over shimmer eyes as well. The mixing medium does kick up whatever color eyeshadow you're using, and makes it a bit more vibrant. And it also helps the color adhere and last longer that it would have on its own. When I read some of the other reviews on this, I noticed that a few people said they had problems with the product stinging thier eyes a bit. There are 3(?) different types of mixing medium, and as far as I know the ONLY one that is recommended for use on the eyes is the water based one. So, be very careful and very aware of that if you're a first-time purchaser of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this on Ebay (Water Based) and I love it! With the medium and any powder shadow, you can instantly have any color liner or stay-put shadow you want. I'm still getting the hang of using it as a shadow, as it does dry fast and once it is set, you can't blend it, but I know after a little practice it's going to be a holy-grail product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff and don't know how I ever lived without it. i use it with pigments and eye shadows. This works with any brand, but I use it mainly with MAC.
If you have an eyeshadow that looks great inthe pan but when you put it on it just doesn't look the same....you need mixing medium to apply it with. I promise you it will look 100 times better!