July 30, 2014 | 1566 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

giving my 1 cent worth- great for highlighting, very natural, and impart a very healthy skin shine. Will suit all skin tones I think

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow suits all skin types. If you are not getting the colour you see in the pot use a primer first then apply. Stipple it onto the eye first and then circular movements blend it in and that should make your eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

love this. i actually have bought 2.
this colour goes great in the crease of my eye with painterly paint over my whole eyelid. i like the really neutral brown it is. the finish is great too- not too shimmery as its a satin. It would also be great on the waterduct and then a darker brown towards the V. its just a great colour for my skintone NC40-42. its replaced my 'all that glitters' as i reach for this more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Arena is my go-to lid color for natural makeup. Applied as a wash, it perks up my eyelids with some soft peach tones and gives then a beautiful sheen. I like to pair it with Wedge and Brown Down. It's satin texture is really silky but sometimes it seems like a fragile shadow as touching my brush to it results in product coming loose, not a big issue as I don't throw my makeup into my hand bag. I also like it on my cheeks as a peachy highlight.

Definitely recommend to anyone with blue eyes or warm skin (NC25-30 for reference).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. How did I never try this eyeshadow before? My tastes in eyeshadow have been trending towards more natural colors. This is a great, non boring natural color. It's like a peachy/orangey/subtle sheen. One of those that's difficult to describe. It a very subtle eyeshadow, and subtle does not me "not pigmented" because it is. It's not a flat matte color, but it's not shimmery or sparkly, more of a sheen. I think people with darker skin use it as a highlight. For me its an excellent lid color. I wore it with swiss chocolate and gesso the other day and it was gorgeous. It's also great with Fig1 or Deep Damson, any brown, or a dark blue. It is very warm, so stay away if you look bad in warm colors.
It's less orange than samoa silk, more subtle/natural than pollinator but still gives a little kick to your look. And it should work fine on mature skin because it's just got a sheen.
Edit: probably swapping this color. I finally decided it's too similar to all that glitters and I like that color more. I have a hard time getting this to show up and last on my lids. Still very pretty, I just don't think it works on me after all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by niecie007

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is a great subtle higherlighter for dark skin it use it with no eye shadow. Pairing it with eyeshadow, it becomes more apparent and it excellent with any color eyeshadow. A must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyesPaleSkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I *love* this eyeshadow!

As others have described, Arena is a light, peachy color with a satiny finish, perfect on my older lids. Right now I am using it this way: First I apply Malt or Bisque all over my lids; then Kid or Era in the crease; then, a tiny bit of Arena right on and above the crease. Finally, Blanc Type on the browbone and RetroSpeck in the inner corner. It's all very subtle, but Arena gives the look a perfect pop of light, bright color. I've also tried it w/ darker crease colors like Mulch, and it's still gorgeous.

For color reference, I am fair w/ dark brown hair and eyes, and have rosacea and natural red tints in my hair. Reddish shades tend not to look good on me. Ricepaper and RetroSpeck work well for me as highlights, and Shroom does not.

I could imagine Arena looking great on both lighter and darker skin tones. However, my best friend has very dark hair, light skin, and looks great in purples, and I would be surprised if Arena worked as well for her, though I will try to remember to ask.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Lelowi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My very first mac eyeshadow!! I asked the MUA for an overall coral-ly peachy colour for the lid and she chose 4 or 5 for me to choose from and as soon as she put this one down, I was enticed. Arena is a gorgeous peachy orange in the pan yet on the lids doesn't look as orange-y, just a gorgeous peach colour with hints of orange that looks really flattering on the lid and brings out my dark forest green/sea blue eyes. Also it's not matte but not shimmery or glittery but quite satin-y (as it is a satin finish). I was really surprised when I researched this eyeshadow after I got it, as it's completely under rated and I think it would suit so many skin tones. I usually pair this with bare study paint pot and a gosh champagne-y eyeshadow (similar to MAC's Naked Lunch) and it brightens up my complexion really well. For reference, I would say that I'm too pale for any MAC foundations (I would approximate that i'm around NC10 maybe, so I prefer to stick to Dainty doll products when it comes to concealer and powder), but I know that people with darker skin tones use it as a highlight which means Arena must be a universal eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This shade is very beautiful on my blue eyes - smooth powder, easy to blend. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by polita

I wish this colour would work for me, its such a pretty peachy golden pink, but on me ( nw 25 ) its just doesn´t show, I really have to pack it on the lid and then its looks all chalky. I use it over UDPP . M y advice is to try it first at Mac before buying it.