July 24, 2014 | 996 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

Really wish I never bought this, lucky it was cheap. It doesn't blend, feels like wax, horrible colour, brings out my blemishes rather than hiding them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pretty darn good for the price. I use the white as a base for concealers that are too dark, and to highlight the bridge of my nose. Can get cakey, but a good deal less than the Bobbi Brown mess of a concealer stick I'm trying to desperately finish. Anything can get cakey on my dry skin so I'm pretty impressed. Plus, as a pale girl I'm always finding new uses for the white one. Cheap thrills!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Icanhelpyouwithmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! Honestly one of the best concealers I've tried. I found this in an old drawer, my mom's old makeup drawer. It was new in its package and looked cool. I asked her if I could use it, and though reluctant at first of losing her "baby" of concealers, she gave it to me, said she would by a new one. And let me tell you, this is the best stinking concealer ever!!!! I love it. I have the color light beige. These concealers run really light. Usually I would have a classic ivory but this color is even a little lighter than my skin! It has great coverage. It covers acne, dark circles, redness, and everything inbetween and it's only $5! I'm using this till the last bit. I can't believe what a great find I found. I would recommend this product a million times! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by baileykf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the reviews after I picked up this product, and started to dig for my receipt. I ended up trying it and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect shade for my skin and covers up even the worst blemishes. It doesn't make them 'go away' in appearance, but I don't expect that out of any concealer. Great product and will definitely repurchase in the future!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No offense to anyone who loves this concealer, but for me, it was a miss. I ran out of Maybelline's FitMe liquid concealer, so I went to the store for another one. Saw this stick and thought, hey, #1 concealer in America, it must be good, and much cheaper. I ended up getting it, but still grabbed FitMe, which I knew I was perfectly happy with. I suppose I wanted to use the good old stick concealer for lazy weekend days so I could stretch out "the really good stuff". I tried this stick under eyes - it did not blend well, felt like wax sitting on my skin, and after a while it looked cakey. I learned that this stick does not work for under eye area, at least for me. I rarely get blemishes, and find that liquid concealer or simply foundation will be good enough to tone it down, because this stick needs a lot more work and may even draw more attention to the spot. The only time I would try using it is on a non-dry blemish or a scar; but, truth be told, I am never in a setting where I need to be flawless. It still sits in a little drawer with its concealer and foundation friends, but I never want to risk using it, and can't throw it out. I'm sorry, just - no.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by DarianS24

My review for this product when I first got it would have been a negative review. That was before I knew how to properly use it. At first, I would dip my brush into the cute little lipstick looking container and put it on my blemishes. I found the coverage to be okay, and the product to be dry on my face. It also accentuated any dry spots I had on my face.

NOW I know how to actually use it and it has become my HG concealer! HURRAY!! This is how I put this concealer on now: First, I just put it on my face straight from the tube (I dot it on and completely cover any blemishes or red spots). I let it sit on my face for 30 seconds - 1 minute. Then, I pat and blend it out with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. And that's it! It gives me really great coverage!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

hardly cover anything. sometimes it's dry. a waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBabe344

I bought this product in Australia while it was on sale. I'm glad I didn't buy it full price because its not worth much. The coverage is light-medium however it comes off cakey on the skin(when used on a blemish) and when used under the eye, it can look dry and cakeya s well. However this was how is came off on my skin.
I also did not like how in stores there was no tester to try out how high the coverage was and how it would appear. However this was not the products fault.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I needed a concealer so i thought i might try this out since it was on sale. I am glad i bought this when it was half price because i dont think it was worth $10.50. I have the green and the yellow one but i find the green one more creamier than the yellow one. (it broke off in the packaging though..)

Lets just start off with saying my skin is very dry in some places like the nose but my cheeks are ok. I used the green one around my nose and it was really hard to blend because it was dry and chalky like. I use the yellow one under my eyes and for highlighting. It looks nice on the bridge of my nose but it cakes up under my eye and if you look closely you can see yellow dots after half a day.(awkward)

I tried the yellow one on my smile lines and around my lip and it emphasized my dry skin making it look like dry patches when there wernt any. You would think that it has heavier coverage because its so thick but dont be fooled! It also doesnt last all day as well.

I dont think it worked very well and when i finish these i will go find another one because i will not be buying them again. I sometimes use it to highlight my nose bridge if im doing a full face. I think the green one is great for fx makeup if your doing a 'dead' look or zombie which is when i ever use these concealers now.
Im not saying this is a horrible product, it just really isnt for me or anyone with dry skin..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by hannahyQ

It really cakes on. I absolutely hate how it makes my eyebags feel even heavier. It highlights all my large pores. Hard to blend out. A really bad buy for me.