November 26, 2014 | 913 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by goodtimesss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

worst concealer I have EVER used! doesn't cover up ANYTHING, and when you put another product over it, it comes right off! no matter how many layers you apply it still doesn't cover anything up, and even with one coat it looks cakey. would rate 0 if i could. NEVER buying this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by georgiasarahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was really hard to blend in even though I attempted both putting on before and after my foundation. It did cover discolouration and spots but it also emphasised them as well as it was heavy and clumpy. The price was actually good as it was only 4 however I would rather pay more and own a better concealer for example Rimmel wake me up concealer is something I would choose over this product. This concealer also seemed to emphasise my pores and before this had never happened and I actually felt I had very few visible pores so this was very disappointing. It did last throughout the day but this is purely because how heavy it is and it just felt stuck on my face. The heaviness of this product also broke me out and previously I had very few spots just one or two little marks. The price defiantly showed with this product and from a Maybelline product I expected a little more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by keriana3

Nice, creamy coverage on even the worst acne scars, red marks and pimples. I think the people that had trouble blending it didn't realize you should dot it on BEFORE applying a liquid foundation. BIG BONUS is that it doesn't show up in photos as white marks like every other concealer I've tried. Easy and super fast to apply. Can also be used as a highlighted. My only gripe is that it causes small whiteheads (the kind that pop easy and don't scar) but I've been using it for a while and notice it can cause a stray pimple or two. I can tell because one will pop up the next day in the exact spot I applied it in areas I usually never break out when I use it as a highlighter. It's still the best concealer I've used, even better than MUFE concealer stick and way cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Alyseh

Used it for a long time and released to late that it didn't look good on my skin maybe because I didn't know how to apply it I'm not sure but not a HG product wouldn't buy again..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by BBfabgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

GREEN is always Good!

Helps my Cheek Redness so much!

I recently purchased the Maybelline Green Concealer Stick and I
Have to say it is such a great concealer for my redness. I wanted to try something
that would cover my redness because I have recently broken out due to a strong
facial scrub. I have very sensitive skin XP but this stick is such a life saver!

It is a light green pigmented stick and for 4.99 at walmart it has become my savior.
I will have to say that it doesnt give my face full coverage but it's understandable because it's not like a primer.
I get really red on my cheecks and the redness highlights my acne so much, so i needed to find something to cancel out my tomatoes (-_-)

I plan on purchasing this stick again and I would recommened it to all!
If you looking for a green concealer for a good price I say Maybelline is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by evill_fishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. I would be lost without this. I have tried all kinds of high end concealers including MAC studio finish, MAC studio sculpt, Benefit Boi-Ing, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, MUFE HD, MUFE Full Cover and everything in between. The only one I would say compares to this is Laura Mercier's but I've never understood the purpose of having two colours in one palette since I end up only using one anyways. I am an NC20 and I use this in either Light Beige 2 or Medium Beige 3, it's pretty easy to blend in even if it's a little too light.

I use this specifically on acne and acne scars, though sometimes I'll swipe a little bit on my under eyes if I'm particular corpse-like that day. Many people find this too waxy or dry, and I agree this is a heavy duty concealer that can look unappealing if applied on unprepared skin. The way I apply it is I start off with a highly emollient moisturizer (currently using Estee Lauder Cyberwhite Cream), meaning one that doesn't soak in right away but leaves a bit of a film on the skin for little while. Then, while my skin still has the moisturizer on it I'll apply the concealer right away with a flat synthetic concealer brush. I like to pick up a good amount with the brush and focus it on the blemish, then wipe off my brush completely and blend it out. I find that this way I get the coverage concentrated where I need it without it being obvious where I applied the concealer. Afterwards, I go over with powder foundation and a setting spray. The key is to have an emollient base to thin out the waxiness of the concealer and give it a little slip. This method gives me natural all-day coverage that doesn't feel or look heavy.

I am usually a high-end snob when it comes to makeup so it amazes me every day that this little stick of concealer is a permanent fixture in my routine. The no-frills packaging leaves something to be desired, but it's durable and functional so I'm not complaining. Stick concealers can be a little unsanitary, so I never apply this directly from the tube to my face and I wash the brush I use every day. Love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by alyssadk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the yellow dark circle corrector. It doesn't work and it looks awful under and over foundation. It also feels really greasy on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reminded me of why I don't like to use stick concealers. They are too thick and cakey, flakey. I can try to blend it out but it just looks so obvious. I bought the yellow stick for reference. I hated it. It never blends and just sits on your face in a flakey mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lianaElizabeth5099

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use maybelline fit me liquid foundation and fitt me powder and it works really good, I love it. yesterday I bought the maybelline cover stick and put it on today and my boyfriend pointed out to me that it was pasty and that he cant ever tell when im wearing makeup. I wouldnt recommend this concealer I did notice how heavy it was and it made me feel like I was wearing a mask. yuckk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ilabeinart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of my favorite concealers, I've been using the light beige for about 4 years. It works best under foundation and has great coverage. I've never used it as an under eye concealer, it is too thick for that. The only downfall I see in it is the packaging, it seems really unsanitary, but it has never caused me to breakout. I use it on a daily basis to cover up acne, and unless I have dry flaky skin, I have never had a problem with it. It lasts all day, and it even lasts while swimming. I just rub it over any blemishes and blend it in with my finger (sometimes I use a brush), and I put my foundation over it. Because of how thick this concealer is, it doesn't usually rub off when I put foundation over it, and because it is a little lighter than my foundation it looks more natural this way. I tend to go through this fairly quickly, but considering the price ($5-6), that isn't a problem.